Cow caught breaking and entering

Help Support CattleToday:

A.J.

Reaction score
This was on the front page of our local paper today:

"A runaway cow destined for the slaughterhouse exacted revenge on humans last Friday during a frenzied bid for freedom.
The agitated animal remained at large until Sunday, when it was dispatched by the owner of a house it trashed Friday morning.
The cow was being dropped off for slaughter at the packing Company, sheriff's Deputy said in a report made available today.
The cow was inside a trailer that arrived before the business opened. It had been hauled from Abingdon, Va. the report said.
Apparently not ready to end up on the menu at a fast-food restaurant, the cow "ran from the back of the trailer" and made a beeline to a house about 300 yards away from the packing company, the report said.
It did not knock before entering the house.
It broke through the front glass patio door, destroyed the den, dining and kitchen floors and also damaged a refrigerator, dishwasher, and a dining room table and chairs. On it's way out of the house, the cow broke out the rear patio glass before "jumping off a back screened in porch. Damage to the house and contents exceeds $10,000."

This place is located right along a busy highway, so they were lucky she ran the opposite way and nobody was seriously injured. I bet she would have cleared out the sale barn real quick if he had taken her there. Good thing the ol girl finally got what was coming to her.

kenny thomas":2ye3op1m said:
Was this at B&B slaughterhouse? I had not seen it yet. Funny but dangerous.

It was at Snapps Ferry Packing. There's also a school just down the road from there, and they had a modified lockdown in case any kids were outside and she decided to pay a visit.

Something like this happened a few years ago at a butcher shop just north of me. The cow ended up in the football stadium I think during practice. They had a time with it but finally got it.

There was one like that in my pasture from the sale barn once. She was caught n sold. Wasn't easy to do. Worse than catching her was mending all the neighbor's fences.

Latest posts