Cow/Calf Pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I bought some pairs & a heavy bred (all black) yesterday. Around here they are getting hard to find unless you want 25 head or more. 1- 2yr old with new born bull.
1- 3yr old with a month old heifer calf. 1- 7yr old with a month old bull calf. 1-8yr old heavy P3 cow. $9750.00 delivered. They sure seem high to me. :shock: LOL.
But, according to the market I think I did OK. Let me know what you all think. B&G

2 yr old pair. Calf not pictured she was hiding it. LOL

3 yr old pair. Month old heifer will be in last picture.

7 yr old pair. Month old bull calf will be in last picture.

8yr old heavily bred should calve any time.

Here's the month old calves

B&G

They all look real good to me. You were lucky to find them. Pairs are getting scarce here in Middle GA. I see fewer and fewer at the sale every time I watch it. They are really high now.

Good pairs are hard to find here. I would like to find 3-4 cow calf pairs or cows that will calve around march but haven't had any luck of finding any.
Your new cows look good.

Average of a little over $2,300 a pair, I would say that you did good. If the market holds for calves, you may end up paying a little over $1,000 bucks each for the mamma cows.

I'll take the older gals and let you keep that heifer. Might be a bit high for the group but unless the wheels just completely run off you'll do well on them. Good luck. ;-)

TexasBred":22cgw3vx said:
I'll take the older gals and let you keep that heifer. Might be a bit high for the group but unless the wheels just completely run off you'll do well on them. Good luck. ;-)
He ended up keeping that oldest P3 Cow as she was looking like she was trying to calf. I got the 3 pairs for $8000.00. 1 of those cows will weigh 1600#. 1 will weigh 1450#. 1 will weigh 1350#. Actually I might be a little on the light side they are big/ nice cows. I hope it works out. Thanks for the input everyone. :cboy: B&G

Our local sale report this week. (Our sale is much smaller than what most of you probably see.) 1897 head this week.
Pairs were $3025-$3450.

Latest posts