Cow and Calf Pics (lots of pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Some of the cows and yearlings, and some general herd pics.

3 year old Gelbveih x Shorthorn cow with Angus x Simm calf at side. She is a maternal sister to the bull calf in the other post.
tn_DSC06122.jpg

2 year old Red Angus x Shorthorn heifer with Red Angus sire calf. I don't think this girl weighs in at 1000 lbs. She should be a good one.
tn_DSC06109.jpg

Red Angus x yearling.
tn_DSC06123.jpg

3/4 Angus, 1/4 Simm yearling
tn_DSC06139.jpg

The cow in this one is Angus x Hereford
tn_DSC06115.jpg

tn_DSC06108.jpg

A very reliable old girl
tn_DSC06145.jpg

Mama and baby :pretty: having a rest.
tn_DSC06147.jpg

And an interesting calf. She is a "bay" now. She has steadily darkened since she was born. I expect she will be nearly black by the time she is finished.
At about 2 weeks
DSC02401.jpg

At about 3 1/2 months
tn_DSC04483.jpg

At 5 1/2 months (taken Aug 14)
tn_DSC06129.jpg

you have some nice looking cows an heifers there.i like that calf you posted 3 pics of.

Thanks for the compliments :nod: . I am glad that everyone enjoys the pics. I enjoy taking them, although it would be more fun if DH would relax a little and let me set them up better :? , but oh well.

BB, I really enjoy watching them grow and change. That is one of my favorite heifer calves as well.

Nice thick calf out of the RA/Shorthorn heifer. Just to make sure I understand my genetics, she seems to have horns. I assume that means she must be 1/4 Red Angus or less.

djinwa":4911lk2w said:
Nice thick calf out of the RA/Shorthorn heifer. Just to make sure I understand my genetics, she seems to have horns. I assume that means she must be 1/4 Red Angus or less.

You are right on your genetics. I actually don't really know what she is for sure. We bought her as a bred heifer and she was sold as a Red Angus x Shorthorn. It is possible that she is mostly Shorthorn. Maybe out of a Shorthorn x Angus cow and a Shorthorn bull. But who knows. She is a good commercial cow and I am not too concerned about it :)

Nice cattle. Couple of questions:

In the fifth picture what is that right over the tail end of the baldy cow? Is it a hay stack?

What type of grasse are in your pastures up there?

tom4018":3eihmcin said:

In the fifth picture what is that right over the tail end of the baldy cow? Is it a hay stack?

What type of grasse are in your pastures up there?

I think it is a bunch of machinery in the neighbour's yard.

Our grass is mostly crested wheat, with some quack grass in the one pasture.

randiliana":22mqrykm said:
tom4018":22mqrykm said:

I think it is a bunch of machinery in the neighbour's yard.
There are ten round bales double stacked off to the right.

Latest posts