Covid

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll try to catch all the questions.

I got the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion given through an IV.

I dont have any other conditions. Only conditions that were required was positive covid test and pay before you leave.

I'm back home. My dad drove me there and back. I'm wore out and ready for a nap.

My Dr didn't care about the ivermectin. He said he would not reccomend it to any one but he is not concerned in any way that I did it. He did say he has been prescribing the pills to some patients. Maybe he didnt give the to me since he figured I took my annual dose already. 😄

Are you talking about an antibody infusion Brute?
I'm surprised they would recommend that for a man your age.
2 infusion treatments that I am aware of are convalescent plasma and monoclonal antibodies.

Monoclonal antibody therapy drugs like Trump received has emergency use authorization, but not FDA approval.
An expensive drug $2,100 per treatment, time consuming 30 minute IV and 1 hour observation for 90 minutes per individual.

Most insurance excludes or pay very little for drugs that are not on FDA approved list. So hospital administrators are reluctant to encourage doctors to use time consuming therapy and expensive unreimbursed drugs. Although its use has been increasing over the last 6 weeks.

40,523,954 reported cases of covid
652,480 deaths
death rate 1.61%
clinical trials estimate if monoclonal treatment were given to everyone as soon as case is diagnosed the death rate would fall to 1.4%

The time and expense to achieve 0.21% reduction in the general population is too great when the vast majority don't need it. So treatment is usually reserved for high risk individuals, 65+ or diabetes, obese, heart disease (or the wealthy and well connected if they absolutely insist)

Last edited:
If you or any of your friends have ever taken warfarin you might want to read this.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...s/in-depth/warfarin-side-effects/art-20047592

Be aware it's the same product used for rat poison. Don't overdose yourself!
You are correct, it is a deadly drug. Dad has been on it for 25 plus years. Monthly blood testing for correct amount. Veal was king down here 35 years ago. Maw in law raised 300 at a time. It was not uncommon for veal growers to give rat poison to the calves a couple of weeks before the trailer ride. Made the meat whiter. She did not practice this method. Be careful with warfarin and rat poison while treating China flu.

You are correct, it is a deadly drug. Dad has been on it for 25 plus years. Monthly blood testing for correct amount. Veal was king down here 35 years ago. Maw in law raised 300 at a time. It was not uncommon for veal growers to give rat poison to the calves a couple of weeks before the trailer ride. Made the meat whiter. She did not practice this method. Be careful with warfarin and rat poison while treating China flu.
The poster I quoted has a dislike for a product used other then it's prescribed use. Simply giving an example of how drugs are used at different times. There are others also.

The poster I quoted has a dislike for a product used other then it's prescribed use. Simply giving an example of how drugs are used at different times. There are others also.
I totally agree, that is why I posted mom in law, people need to be careful. Just taking a drug because the internet says it works is not safe.

If you or any of your friends have ever taken warfarin you might want to read this.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...s/in-depth/warfarin-side-effects/art-20047592

Be aware it's the same product used for rat poison. Don't overdose yourself!
You miss the point of contention. If you have a condition that requires warfarin treatment, you should take warfarin. Go to your doctor and get a properly calculated dose of human medicine. Don't stop at the hardware store and try to estimate how many pellets of rat poison you need to eat.

2 infusion treatments that I am aware of are convalescent plasma and monoclonal antibodies.

Monoclonal antibody therapy drugs like Trump received has emergency use authorization, but not FDA approval.
An expensive drug $2,100 per treatment, time consuming 30 minute IV and 1 hour observation for 90 minutes per individual.

Most insurance excludes or pay very little for drugs that are not on FDA approved list. So hospital administrators are reluctant to encourage doctors to use time consuming therapy and expensive unreimbursed drugs. Although its use has been increasing over the last 6 weeks.

40,523,954 reported cases of covid
652,480 deaths
death rate 1.61%
clinical trials estimate if monoclonal treatment were given to everyone as soon as case is diagnosed the death rate would fall to 1.4%

The time and expense to achieve 0.21% reduction in the general population is too great when the vast majority don't need it. So treatment is usually reserved for high risk individuals, 65+ or diabetes, obese, heart disease (or the wealthy and well connected if they absolutely insist)
If I ask 20 friends who have had covid each will have gotten a different treatment. What I am starting to see from my experience is basically you are getting treated based on how scared your dr is of being sued... not by what is most effective.

I have a friend who went in and was given absolutely nothing for covid but nausea pills and he was furious. The dr flat out told him he will not prescribe any thing that is not fda approved due to liability reasons if he dies.

The next group is being told they cant get a treatment (due to hospital and insurance companies profit margins) at all, or are waiting days and days for it... when I got it in 24hrs.

People need to wake up and stop depending on these insurance companies and the govt for their health. Your well being is not their priority and they dont play by the same rules they tell you to.

Brute, you are so right! This covid is pretty much like diabetes was 50 years ago. Doctors knew what it was, but that's about it. They did not know how to treat it, and if insulin was prescribed they did not know how long it was effective. They did not mix any two insulins. They did not know how to have the patient eat to help control the disease. Very little was know about exercise and the disease. They thought you ate too much sugar and therefor you're a diabetic.

We're seeing the same thing with covid treatment. As you mentioned, doctors are concerned with litigation. Lawyers on the news wanting everyone who used Paraquat to sign up. Doesn't matter if you smoked, lived next to a farmer.... anyone, you have money coming. Doctors insurance premiums are ridiculous, so they are cautious to keep away from problems.

Five to ten years down the road we'll look back and see how ridiculous the whole thing was. Pain and suffering could have been much less if we'd offered help rather than wait for people to be so sick they needed the hospital.

Doctors/news cast don't tell people to reduce their BMI, or vitamin D, zinc, or anything else. Just mask up, and keep getting a drug we hope works with no history of use. Everyone is a getting a free drug trial! All drug trials offered on TV offer a payment to be in their drug test.

Have to decide if one is a prairie chicken or an eagle. https://sermons.love/john-hagee/4497-john-hagee-solving-your-problem.html

It's a roller coaster. Yesterday evening and in to the night I had chills, fever, and nausea, along with the sinus issues. I've been able too keep most of it tolerable with tylenol, neti pot, and a prescription for nausea. Then at some point in the night I woke up and felt fine. I washed clothes, ate, watched tv, posted on here. 😄 Drs are saying just ride it as long as it stays like this. Supposedly the ups and downs are common.

We will see...

It's a roller coaster. Yesterday evening and in to the night I had chills, fever, and nausea, along with the sinus issues. I've been able too keep most of it tolerable with tylenol, neti pot, and a prescription for nausea. Then at some point in the night I woke up and felt fine. I washed clothes, ate, watched tv, posted on here. 😄 Drs are saying just ride it as long as it stays like this. Supposedly the ups and downs are common.

We will see...
That's about right. Being 20 years your senior it took me a tad longer to get back to normal but I did.

I have a good friend who took that treatment about 10 days ago. It took him a couple of days to get up and about. Slowly his energy level came up and he returned to his normal activities. He's in his mid 60's and has other issues is the reason he got the monoclonal antibodies.

Latest posts