covid

Help Support CattleToday:

In terms of politics, too, as a rule, there are enough experts. Everyone from his own bell tower broadcasts his opinion, trying to convince everyone around him that he is right. In fact, a person does not even understand basic things.
Right. For example, it was predicted by some that we wouldn't hear anymore about the virus after the election. I notice that didn't come to pass. I'm glad I didn't make any plans based on that. I'm sure, however, that the ones who so confidently predicted that have a great reason as to why they were wrong.

Right. For example, it was predicted by some that we wouldn't hear anymore about the virus after the election. I notice that didn't come to pass. I'm glad I didn't make any plans based on that. I'm sure, however, that the ones who so confidently predicted that have a great reason as to why they were wrong.
Were they wrong?

Even his own people are calling him out for the flip flop all the sudden. Guess it's just ANOTHER coincidence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210119-054801_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210119-054801_Chrome.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 4
Were they wrong?

Even his own people are calling him out for the flip flop all the sudden. Guess it's just ANOTHER coincidence.
For those who predicted it would be over after the election, yes, their prediction was not correct. I wasn't thinking of Cuomo. We had some experts right here that said with confidence that we wouldn't hear anymore about the virus after the election.

It's almost impossible to predict what the outcome will be with any infection. There was one instance where an entire family of 9 I believe it was traveled to their dad's house to celebrate his 99th birthday. Some flew, some drove but all celebrated, all came down with covid and all survived even the 99 year old dad. Amazing but true??

Are you still gonna get the Covid vaccine?

Yes, we will... whenever it becomes available here for our demographic group.
But... with what little we currently know about the efficacy and duration of immunity provided by the ones approved for use to date - and the new variants that are being identified on a regular basis... one of which looks like it may be able to evade the protective response elicited by the vaccines... I'm counting more on MMR II vaccination response to keep me alive and out of the hospital than I am any of the COVID vaccines currently available.

Are you still gonna get the Covid vaccine?

Yes, we will... whenever it becomes available here for our demographic group.
But... with what little we currently know about the efficacy and duration of immunity provided by the ones approved for use to date - and the new variants that are being identified on a regular basis... one of which looks like it may be able to evade the protective response elicited by the vaccines... I'm counting more on MMR II vaccination response to keep me alive and out of the hospital than I am any of the COVID vaccines currently available.
My wife is big on this, but from what I have seen, they still don't have a recommendation. You are more qualified than I am. What have you seen?

So if there is a virus, then elections will not destroy it. And we will have to live with this virus for many more years. Vaccination, of course, will improve the situation, but the virus will not completely disappear, because we do not know how it will mutate and how long the vaccination will last. After all, we could not completely overcome the flu.

I was on the road last night, listening to MPR (hardly a bastion of conservatism) on my 5 hour drive. Dr. they were interviewing about the vaccines was asked directly about their effectiveness, in light of the "variants". Are they/will they remain effective?

Response: .....Uh... the honest answer to that is, ...we don't know, but the vaccine developers are working frantically to figure out what new variants there are, so that they can develop effective vaccine strains against them, as they come up. The problem is turn around time... how long has the new variant been out there spreading, before we detect it? And once detected, how long does it take to determine if the existing vaccine is effective against it, or HOW effective it is against it? And if it isn't, how long will it take to develop a new vaccine that IS effective against it? This is very complicated... and it takes time. And during that time, the virus is going to do what viruses do... it's going to continue to mutate. By the time we can develop a vaccine against the new strain, it may have developed many other new strains... and on it goes.

herofan said:
For those who predicted it would be over after the election, yes, their prediction was not correct. I wasn't thinking of Cuomo. We had some experts right here that said with confidence that we wouldn't hear anymore about the virus after the election.

BTW, remember that the new guy has only been in office for a week... let the dust settle before declaring the earlier predictions "false". News media does plenty of that for us already.

Last edited:
I was on the road last night, listening to MPR (hardly a bastion of conservatism) on my 5 hour drive.

BTW, remember that the new guy has only been in office for a week... let the dust settle before declaring the earlier predictions "false". News media does plenty of that for us already.
In office only a week.
I kind of hope it wasn't also his 1st week of hearing there was a problem. :)

5 hour drives is how they git ya.
Road hypnosis and mind control using electronics like the radio. :) lol

Well, maybe they didn't specifically state which year's election....... 2028 or2032?

Latest posts