covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Got to lighten this up a little.

I went for a walk with my new girlfriend & we saw dogs mating.

She said: "How does the male know when the female is ready for sex?"

I replied: "He can smell she is ready. That's how nature works."

We then walked past a sheep field and the ram was mating the ewe.

Again my girlfriend asked: "How does the ram know when the ewe is ready for sex?"

I replied: "It's nature. He can smell she is ready."

We then went past a cow-field and the bull was mating with the cow. My girlfriend said: "This is odd. They are really going at it. Surely the bull can't smell when she is ready?" I said: "Oh, yes; it's nature . All animals can smell when the female is ready for sex."

Anyway, after the walk, I dropped her home and kissed her goodbye.

She said: "Take care and get yourself checked out for Covid-19."

Surprised, "Why do you say that?" I asked her.

She replied: "You seem to have lost your sense of smell."
Be sure to use a mask. For safe practices.

So, did you test positive?

Appears Masks offer Zero Protection--- according to 3 democratic mask wearing house members, of whom 2 say they contracted Covid during Capital riot, because they were forced to shelter in place for 3 hours with mask-less republicans.

Rep. Brad Schneider of Ill. - no symptoms, tested positive.
2 female reps both tested positive and have reported mild cold like symptoms.

Last edited:
Wife and I both tested positive for COVID Wednesday. Had relatives from Oklahoma stay with us over the weekend for our son's wedding, one of them came down with it Tuesday and 5 more of them Wednesday. My wife and I aren't too bad, she's a little sicker than me. Mine feels more like a sinus infection, in all honesty if it were a year ago I'd still be going to work. We can't go back to work until Jan. 25. Gonna have some nice weather for the next 3 days so I'll get to work around the place. Then later next week rain so I'll probably go through receipts for taxes.
I pray it don't get any worse than this. We are both healthy, eat right, take vitamins, and get enough exercise so we should be fine. Only reason we even got tested was because our jobs required us to since we had symptoms or stay home without pay.

Appears Masks offer Zero Protection--- according to 3 democratic mask wearing house members, of whom 2 say they contracted Covid during Capital riot, because they were forced to shelter in place for 3 hours with mask-less republicans.

They could have contracted it anywhere.

Last edited:

I'm convinced there are 2 kinds of people, those who have had the China virus and those who are going to get it.

Wife and I both tested positive for COVID Wednesday. Had relatives from Oklahoma stay with us over the weekend for our son's wedding, one of them came down with it Tuesday and 5 more of them Wednesday. My wife and I aren't too bad, she's a little sicker than me. Mine feels more like a sinus infection, in all honesty if it were a year ago I'd still be going to work. We can't go back to work until Jan. 25. Gonna have some nice weather for the next 3 days so I'll get to work around the place. Then later next week rain so I'll probably go through receipts for taxes.
I pray it don't get any worse than this. We are both healthy, eat right, take vitamins, and get enough exercise so we should be fine. Only reason we even got tested was because our jobs required us to since we had symptoms or stay home without pay.
You'll be fine Joe.

I'm gonna keep beating this drum... look at the MMR II vaccination connection... minimal to mild COVID disease in folks who have good mumps antibody titers due to MMR II vaccination... probably explains, to a large degree, why most children and young adults have mild to no disease - they got childhood vaccination with MMR II, which was licensed in 1979.
With the 'slow roll-out', and questions about when/if COVID vaccines are going to be available to most of us, I think it's prudent for folks over 40 to get MMR II vaccinations.
Disclaimer: I am not a MD... but I am a veterinarian/microbiologist/pathologist.

I'm gonna keep beating this drum... look at the MMR II vaccination connection... minimal to mild COVID disease in folks who have good mumps antibody titers due to MMR II vaccination... probably explains, to a large degree, why most children and young adults have mild to no disease - they got childhood vaccination with MMR II, which was licensed in 1979.
With the 'slow roll-out', and questions about when/if COVID vaccines are going to be available to most of us, I think it's prudent for folks over 40 to get MMR II vaccinations.
Disclaimer: I am not a MD... but I am a veterinarian/microbiologist/pathologist.

Interesting articles. Thanks. Older than dirt...how does this apply to those of us born prior to the MMR II vaccine & had measles but not the mumps prior to the 60's vaccination protocol?

Just got word that my uncle passed away with Covid, and my aunt has it as well. They have been in a long term care facility for around 3 years.

My mother is 83 and in an assisted living facility in SC and has been since last April. They are on lockdown right now due to several residents turning up positive for the China virus. I talk to her daily but said my formal goodbyes the last time I saw her in October. She has had round one of the vaccine and is awaiting the follow up.

My son in law and granddaughter in Hutto, TX are about a week into their bouts with the virus. He says it's like the flu. The 16 month old doesn't have a baseline to compare it to but she's rolling with it. They should have the test results back on my daughter today. She feels fine.

Bottom line, I'm not going to sit here and fret over any of them. It's out of my control.

·
According to the government if I get vaccinated:
💉
💉
💉

1.-Can I stop wearing my mask?
Government answers - No
2.- Can they open restaurants, pubs, bars, etc., And everyone works as normal?
Government answers - No
3.- Will I be resistant to the covid?
Government answers - Maybe, but we don't know exactly, that probably won't stop you from getting it.
4.-At least I don't want to infect others anymore?
Government answers - No, you can still pass it on, possibly, no one knows.
5.- If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?
Government answers - No
6.- If I vaccinate myself and for example my grandfather, can we hug each other?
Government answers - No
7.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums reopen as normal thanks to vaccines?
Government answers - No
8.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather?
Government answers - No
9.- What is the benefit of vaccination?
Government response - The virus will not kill you / make you seriously ill.
10.- Are you sure the vaccine won't kill me / make me seriously ill?
Government answers - No
11.- If the virus statistically doesn't kill me anyway... Why do I have to get vaccinated?
Government answers - To protect others.
12.- So if I get vaccinated, are the other 100 % sure I don't infect them?
Government answers - No
So to sum up the ′′ 19 ′′ vaccine...
Does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Don't guarantee you won't get it.
Doesn't stop you from getting it.
Doesn't prevent you from passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel ban.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for descent.
Does not eliminate facemasks.
So... what the **** does it really do?
Asking for a friend

Covid may have saved my life. When my oxygen level got too low my wife brought me in to the hospital, thru xrays a potentially serious problem was discovered that otherwise wouldn't have until it was very dangerous.

After I recovered I was glad I had it just for the crazy experience it was. Unlike any other sickness I've had. But now I feel blessed for getting it as bad as I did.

They could have contracted it anywhere.
Many have died and many will die. In addition, healthy people are continuing to unknowingly spread COVID to the elderly, who, in turn, become quite ill and are at higher risk for death

Wear Your Masks

Don't be so stupid !!!

Attachments

• 82524638-BF09-4F56-A3AC-893F571DE528.jpeg
    82524638-BF09-4F56-A3AC-893F571DE528.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6
Bottom line, I'm not going to sit here and fret over any of them. It's out of my control.
I suppose this is a key factor in a lot of the discussion as both sides try to convince the other that they are correct. It appears that some just don't worry much about the well being of others in this situation, or any situation, while others have compassion and do care. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snotty with this comment; it's just an observation that it took me a while to realize.

It's true that we are all going to die, there are many things out there that can kill us every day, and according to nature, someone in their 80s has fewer days on earth than someone in their 20s. That information is reality and is always tucked away in the brain. Regardless, I suppose some feel more compassion than others.