covid

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm sure we have no real idea of the pressure put on every elected official in Washington from the minute they walk into the capital building. You can work with the "family" or end up in a hole in the ground or just MIA. That money is not free.
I held my nose and voted for Trump. What made me like him was the Washington elites hatred, he was messing up their sandbox.
What he exposed was the media and DC corruption.
We knew they were corrupt just not how bad, if they would of halfway played ball we still wouldn't be certain.
I have no troubles if the current POTUS lost, to a demented puppet is the scary and unbelievable part.
Bernie wouldn't scare me the way this guy does. I wouldn't like Bernie but would believe he was duly elected.
The people behind the curtain have this country at a tipping point.
It's scary listening to the people willing to fight to take it back. We haven't been this divided since 1860 and China is fanning the flames.

We just voted the last tyrant in America from the highest office in the land. At least the American voting majority saved the democratic republic of the United States Of America.
Not sure you understand what a tyrant is. A tyrant would be trying to take your guns, force bigger government on you to control more of your life i.e healthcare and taking control of our businesses and how they are run and taxed. Granted that sounds like a recent presidential candidate I think you have them confused. The man has plenty of flaws, at least pick on him for what they are, being a tyrant is nowhere on the list. Like him or not.

It might be prudent to maintain vigil on how many , if any, of those in control are contacting the virus and more importantly of those contacting and
subcoming to the virus! Thus far I am not aware of anyone in a position of high power contacting and dying from the virus. Some may have tested
positive but to my knowledge all have miracously (sp) recovered. If this is as uncontrolable as we are led to believe surely someone somewhere in a
position of athourity would would have obtained ambient temperature by now. I realize it is subjective of me to entertain the thought that a vaccine
has existed for some time., even more so that any of the newly formulated vaccines would, could have a design flaw which could be filtered through the
populace with devastating effect. If Covid is as serious as they would lead us to believe then I would question the wisdom of storing bodies in
refrigerated trucks or units to be buried later and suggest the thought of immediate cremation be entertained lest the call of "Bring out your dead,
Bring out your dead!" falls upon our ears.

Also perhaps someone has some information on the percent of total deaths per capita from all sources. Has the rate of deaths increased in
accordance with the rate of Covid deaths? If yes then we need to work together feverously and dilligently, under divine guidance, to regain
control. If not then we need to work together feverously and dilligently, under divine guidance, to regain control from those who would
enslave us.....

One man's tyrant is another man's hero. I am sure "he" will not be the last of either category - regardless of anyone's leaning. I am not sure the new guy will save the republic. I believe we need to save the republic from those who write executive orders in direct conflict with the constitution, from those who grant big favors/money to their friends and relatives, from those who go there and never leave - taking money for themselves and making a career of talking. From those who want to take money from those who work and contribute and give it to those who don't. From those who want to meddle in the affairs of the rest of the world. I could go on. Now, read this again. Which side I am talking about? These actions fit the last several administrations and will likely apply to the new one. At least we get the opportunity every few years to try to improve on things - based on the many diverse views of those who vote.

If anyone thinks the biggest issue this country faces is covid and whether to wear a mask - then I am truly discouraged about our future. The big issues are DEBT and morality.

I believe I could find better people at the local feed store to serve in government than those people we have now - regardless of party. Problem is, those feed store people might turn corrupt after a few years.

Not sure you understand what a tyrant is. A tyrant would be trying to take your guns, force bigger government on you to control more of your life i.e healthcare and taking control of our businesses and how they are run and taxed. Granted that sounds like a recent presidential candidate I think you have them confused. The man has plenty of flaws, at least pick on him for what they are, being a tyrant is nowhere on the list. Like him or not.
Check it out https://buildbackbetter.gov/priorities/economic-recovery/

I believe Ben Franklin had something to say about folks who would trade essential liberty for little temporary safety...
Why can't I get drunk and jump behind the wheel of my car? Why can't I run a meth lab in my home? Why can't I stroll around town in the nude? As a country, we've decided that sacrificing those liberties is better for the public good. Trading liberty for safety is an essential part of living in a civilized society. Ben Franklin would have understood this. The quote you're referencing has been taken woefully out of context by people who have come to believe that any government action is overreach.

Why can't I get drunk and jump behind the wheel of my car? Why can't I run a meth lab in my home? Why can't I stroll around town in the nude? As a country, we've decided that sacrificing those liberties is better for the public good. Trading liberty for safety is an essential part of living in a civilized society. Ben Franklin would have understood this. The quote you're referencing has been taken woefully out of context by people who have come to believe that any government action is overreach.
Reading your post is kinda like eating lettuce, there is nothing to it.

Last edited:
Propaganda. "The economy was not working for folks long before these crises hit." Really? by what measure? The economy was good. Employment was good. What basis is there to this "economy not working" statement. Anyone who wanted to work and would show up for work, sober, without an attitude could get a job. If the "economy not working" means that we were not giving thousands of dollars a year to those who could work, but would not - then it was working well.
Raising minimum wage to $15 dollars per hour. Minimum wage rate should be variable for the area of the country and local conditions - if we have one at all . Kids looking for summer jobs, marginal performers, farm jobs, entry level jobs - some people will be locked out of the market. If their work does not contribute more to the business than the cost of their wages, then there won't be an opening for them. Free market economy is the best. Supply and demand. If someone is being paid less than they are worth, someone else will offer more. Why not make the minimum wage $50 per hour? Everyone would be well paid, lots of tax money coming it from their wages. Oh, maybe unemployment would go to 40%. No problem, we can just make unemployment benefits pay $2000 per week. Sign me up.
Says that he will create high paying UNION jobs. I have done a lot of work in paper mills. Lots of those are unionized. I usually observed lower productivity in the union mills. Unions about killed the US auto industry until the foreign manufacturers came in. Seems like teachers tend to be unionized in larger cities. Seems like quality of education is lower as well.

The information in this link is just pandering to people who want to feel oppressed and entitled. We need people who are not focused on handouts, but who have an attitude of "what can I do to contribute" - not "I am entitled and demand my share".

That's my rant. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Simme , I salute anyone who can anyone who can " offend" a Tory (Liberal) with your directness and finess!

I'm sure if they had stuck to the early suggestion of not wearing a mask, and then mandated that we don't wear masks because it somehow spreads the virus, and talked about it as often as they mention wearing masks, everybody and his brother would be wearing a mask in public and be an expert on how well they protect people.

Don't need to check out what I live everyday. That's the biggest problem in this country is everybody votes on what they see on tv or the internet instead of with their own eyes or in their own life.

Everywhere you go here are help wanted signs, the first thing the Democrats did when they got control of this state is come after my gun rights and I had great health insurance until Obamacare. Those are first hand real life facts not something I googled. I have seen tyrany at work trying to get a foothold in this country, a mask mandate isn't it but it's not currently in the White House either.

Last I checked President Trump had 89.8 million followers on twitter. lets say the .8 or 800,000 are just trolls or haters that want to keep up with his day to day activity.....according to the MSM he got 74,000,000 votes....Does anybody really believe there were 15,000,000 Trump followers who just decided not to vote?:oops:

Last I checked President Trump had 89.8 million followers on twitter. lets say the .8 or 800,000 are just trolls or haters that want to keep up with his day to day activity.....according to the MSM he got 74,000,000 votes....Does anybody really believe there were 15,000,000 Trump followers who just decided not to vote?:oops:
I suspect he has a lot more trolls and haters that follow him than the 800,000. All the "news" people and such (most of those are haters). And many of the "other side" I suspect. Don't have to be a "friend" in order to follow. Just my guess.

I suspect he has a lot more trolls and haters that follow him than the 800,000. All the "news" people and such (most of those are haters). And many of the "other side" I suspect. Don't have to be a "friend" in order to follow. Just my guess.
Twitter admits that around 5% of accounts are fake. Outside data suggests that number is even higher. Fake accounts tend to be part of propaganda movements (Russia, China, U.S. political parties) and follow politicians and controversial figures at higher rates.

This analysis from more than two years ago found more than half of Trump's followers were likely spam accounts. Even if that is a gross overestimation, it's still quite probable that only a fraction of his followers are real people, only a fraction of those are his supporters, and only a fraction of those are eligible to vote in the US.

Lol good luck, sir. I guess we will see how this plays out for us all. I'm sure you'll be fine, probably first in line to bend the knee.

to Silver and those of that ilk # I had family on both sides at Saratoga. Two grandfathers, four uncles. two uncles by marriage. one being a
captain under Colonel McKay . On the other side I had a gr uncle and several cousins from Litchfield CT. My 6th gr uncle deeded land to my
5th gr grandfather and his (5th) brother when they left for Lower Canada. Due to the 'excesses' of John Burgoyne some of my people spent
the winter of 78 in General Schuyler's barn. History will confirm and I will assure you we called them /x&%#ing Tories!
As a footnote we finally buried the hatchet of division on Sept 8 of 2010. It is with tears of regret that we did not do it sooner.
To those of you who ride for the brand, my deepest regards

Latest posts