covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like it is based on cases per 100,000 so only a few would have to have it when your population is low to get the red color.

Will be curious to see how the next few months play out and how the vaccine is handled. Also how readily available/effective are these therapeutics.

Good to hear from you again! it's not affecting me much at this point, but it seems like it's going to screw with my usual holiday plans of going to the mainland and seeing friends for a week or two

Draw a circle around Sturgis, SD at look at the color. We know what happened there.

Sales Barn parking lots are only half full for the fall run. People at grocery store are loading up on soup, crackers, and eggs. Most of the local schools have gone virtual.

Only safe place is a deer stand.

I know of several people who have gotten Covid in the past few weeks.
All mild cases that ran it's course in 4 days or less, sort of like a flu.
All were 22-35 except one fit and active 72 yr old woman.

Until
My 37 yr old nephew got it. Strong and healthy with only risk factor being 40 pounds overweight. It hit him hard with a 1 am trip to the ER with a temp of 105

It took 8 days of misery for him to beat it, but no hospitalization.
His wife and 10 yr old also got it, mild cough, and diarrhea with temps under 101 and done in 3-4 days. Not certain if their younger children got it, only symptoms
those 2 kids had were they didn't feel like eating for 1-2 days.

over age 70 accounts for 5% of the cases, but 44% of the deaths

Last edited:
A niece and nephew both have it sick as dogs but will survive. Good friend from the dairy business lost his daughter to it last night....she was 52 years old and leaves a husband and four children.

My state is still #1 (for now)
Calif is pushing hard again tho.

I now personally know 5 or 6 people in my county that either have it or have had it. 1 died from it. Piano player in my church & her husband are the latest 2. He is hospitalized/she is not or wasn't last I heard.

Just my observtion: Whether one believes Covid is for real or not. From where I stand it has the potential to mess up a lot of genealogies.
God bless those who grieve. God be patient with the rest...........

No problem getting a table at restaurants.
I am seeing businesses with infected employee(s) here close for a week of cleaning and then re open.
Some elementary schools have gone virtual due to a lack of healthy bus drivers.
I think we will see localized lock downs till 1/20.

What is happening in the packing plants?

Everybody I hear from, say they are not taking the vaccine when available. I of course will, because I need to visit both hospitals and nursing homes. What percent of the population needs to get vaccinated, to see a downturn in infection rates?

No problem getting a table at restaurants.
I am seeing businesses with infected employee(s) here close for a week of cleaning and then re open.
Some elementary schools have gone virtual due to a lack of healthy bus drivers.
I think we will see localized lock downs till 1/20.

What is happening in the packing plants?
I've heard for the last few months, that it was all gonna be over by Nov 4. I guess those that believed that finally came to the realization that a virus particle just don't give a flyin **** what a calendar says or what might happen (ed) on that date?

Most eateries here are opened back up to at least 75% occupancy. Will be interesting to see how much the spread increases (or doesn't) a couple weeks after each of the upcoming holidays end.
Our extended family Thanksgiving dinner is still on as far as I know, but 'extended' doesn't mean what it once did. Attrition has taken it's toll.

Everybody I hear from, say they are not taking the vaccine when available. I of course will, because I need to visit both hospitals and nursing homes. What percent of the population needs to get vaccinated, to see a downturn in infection rates?
Do they give a reason?

Think it won't work?
Are they skeered of it?

Latest posts