covid

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah it took me forever to find one that would treat me with leeches and exorcisms the way I wanted.

If you are diabetic yes certain prescriptions are good for you, not to say diet and exercise can't help equally as much but they need to be used together. My point was that everything needs balance, moderation and careful consideration. Garlic won't cure all that is wrong with you and neither will a vaccine. Be healthy, active and intelligent in your decisions. Drs. do not make any money on legally written prescriptions however this I know for a fact.

Just heard on the radio, not on conservative radio but on main stream radio.... that the covid vaccine will only be effective for 3-4 months.... then you will be susceptible again.
Idle speculation as to duration, nobody knows yet and certainly not the readers.
I don't know about your area, but around here it seems many 'news readers' feel entitled to include their bias or opinion rather than just reporting.

In the general publics eyes ....doctors are "gods". What ever my doctor says etc. etc. There are good doctors, but very few people think outside the box of conventional medicine.
As a child I had some very bad experiences with drs. So I know first hand they ain't all heroes. Then a with a couple of years ago my mother was having issues and was prescribed a blood thinner that caused even more problems that ultimately led to her death. She was older but in very good health and strength up to that point. Most of the drs and nurses in the hospital treated her awful because of her age and only seeing her after the effects of a hemorrhagic stroke. Some drs actually got in a heated argument over whether or not to do anything for her right in front of her. A nurse actually had the gall to tell my wife that she thought anyone over 70 should not receive any treatment because they were just too old. We did encounter some kind drs and nurses but they were certainly a small minority.

Yeah it took me forever to find one that would treat me with leeches and exorcisms the way I wanted.

If you are diabetic yes certain prescriptions are good for you, not to say diet and exercise can't help equally as much but they need to be used together. My point was that everything needs balance, moderation and careful consideration. Garlic won't cure all that is wrong with you and neither will a vaccine. Be healthy, active and intelligent in your decisions. Drs. do not make any money on legally written prescriptions however this I know for a fact.
If you read my post about the dr I see and how she treats you I believe is a long cry from the smart remark you made about leeches and exorcism. I've had psoriasis for 30 years, all every dr I've ever been to knows how to do is write a prescription which is temporary relief for psoriasis. This is the first time I've ever had a dr actually check to see what's causing it. In case your not familiar psoriasis is a autoimmune disorder, numerous studies have now proven that autoimmune disorders are a sign of leaky gut, until recently when I was researching it I had no idea but I'd think a dr getting paid to treat it would know that. This holistic practicing medical dr told me exactly what's causing my leaky gut through a series of medical tests that I mentioned in my other post. As I stated above there are good doctors but not many. And as you stated above most people don't want to go to a dr that's holistic because they're too lazy to follow through with what they're told, they don't want to give up McDonald's and Burger King. Well I'm not in that category, as hard as it is at times I choose to let my body heal itself, it'd be far easier short term to just take prescriptions, eating correctly is not for the faint of heart. I do take prescriptions if I absolutely have to but not long term. The body is absolutely capable of healing itself of almost anything without prescriptions if you're eating the proper diet and aren't deficient in vitamins. The vitamins I take are not the Walmart variety, they are prescriptions and are filled at a compounding pharmacy. As far as doctors not making money off writing prescriptions I'm just going by what I've been told by more than one person, it may not be monetary but there's incentive for the dr. I find your comment ridiculous to go as far as leeches and exorcism because someone is holistic, you must benefit financially from pharmaceuticals or you wouldn't be so judgmental of people who don't want to use them. I never said people who use them are bad I just said I prefer not to, that's the problem in this country if someone has a preference or opinion different than what's mainstream they must be wrong. I'm of the mindset you do you and I'll do me.

Sorry I can't find a cure for my smartazzehiemers. Really was just being funny not attacking you or your doctor.

Most of the doctors I know do not knock holistic medicine at all. It has a valuable place as do prescriptions. You also are reaping the benefits of the 200 people they saw before you treating them like a Mcdonalds drive thru. I was of the same mind that they are all quacks but I see it from both sides now. You even admit to telling them you won't take a prescription but want the problem cured. Only pointing out there are limits to what they can do and realize they deal with hundreds every week that don't want to do the work. Glad you are finding a solution that works for you.

I most definitely agree that medicine and most things in life are personal decisions that the government and everybody else has no business in. Also moderation is the key, extremes to either side are usually not beneficial.

Also re read your post and I can assure you I don't care if you take them or not as I do not personally take them either, much to the disappointment of my doctor. I make no money from pharmaceuticals and neither do doctors, if they did I would be farming 900 acres not 90! Take care Joe we are on the same team!

Also re read your post and I can assure you I don't care if you take them or not as I do not personally take them either, much to the disappointment of my doctor. I make no money from pharmaceuticals and neither do doctors, if they did I would be farming 900 acres not 90! Take care Joe we are on the same team!
Is that the only way you disappoint your Dr?

The bottom line is the voters who elected the Republican legislaters in the 31 states with a Republican majority most certainly did not vote for
Obiden. Most certainly it did not happen in all 31 States. That the Republicans gained votes in the House of Representatives also gives testimony to
the improbability of the top of the ticket of the opposite party receiving the vote on the same ballot. To make such a statement is beyond ludicrous
and should by all rights challenged in the courts.

While I appreciate and enjoy input from all sources when the topic is on the subject of cattle and all that entails I think it totally out of bounds for
any foreign national to get involved in our 'family disagreements'.. It is not your house, your government, or your business, butt out,,,,,,,,,
the US sticks it's fingers in politics around the world, People speaking here is far from being involved.

The bottom line is the voters who elected the Republican legislaters in the 31 states with a Republican majority most certainly did not vote for
Obiden. Most certainly it did not happen in all 31 States. That the Republicans gained votes in the House of Representatives also gives testimony to
the improbability of the top of the ticket of the opposite party receiving the vote on the same ballot. To make such a statement is beyond ludicrous
and should by all rights challenged in
and should by all rights challenged in the courts.

While I appreciate and enjoy input from all sources when the topic is on the subject of cattle and all that entails I think it totally out of bounds for
any foreign national to get involved in our 'family disagreements'.. It is not your house, your government, or your business, butt out,,,,,,,,,
Not responding from a partisan perspective but of mere observation. You state that it is improbable that the top of ballot could loose votes and be carried by another party, while down ballot races were won as predicted by the other party. That is not only possible it did happen in our KY state gubernatorial race last time around. The incumbent governor was popular among his base but had made a lot of controversial decisions and statements that alienated some voters who had supported him in his initial run for governor. He lost his re election, while if I remember correctly every other down ballot candidate from his party won their respective races.

the improbability of the top of the ticket of the opposite party receiving the vote on the same ballot.
I will go out on a limb here just for the purpose of discussion. Is it "better" for a person to vote strictly by party in all races as opposed to looking at the relative merits of all/both candidates in each race? Do the parties bring any value to the process? Would we be better off if there were no parties - just individuals running for an office?

For the record, I am against the elimination of the birthday party. The others - I am not sure.

the US sticks it's fingers in politics around the world, People speaking here is far from being involved.
Agreed no one should hesitate to throw their hat in the ring on any discussion here.
But it can be frustrating discussing (arguing) with someone who is getting all their info from the Media.
Anyone in my little corner of America with half a nut knows how full of corn the news is.

I will go out on a limb here just for the purpose of discussion. Is it "better" for a person to vote strictly by party in all races as opposed to looking at the relative merits of all/both candidates in each race? Do the parties bring any value to the process? Would we be better off if there were no parties - just individuals running for an office?

For the record, I am against the elimination of the birthday party. The others - I am not sure.
I absolutely will not vote straight party line. I try to educate myself on the candidates as well as party platform. I think blindly following any party or candidate is a dangerous concept.

I absolutely will not vote straight party line. I try to educate myself on the candidates as well as party platform. I think blindly following any party or candidate is a dangerous concept.

An interesting story. In South Carolina, one of the US senators is Lindsey Graham. Republican. He was in the US House for several years then in the Senate for many more. Definitely a career politician. He had a somewhat competitive challenger this year. In prior years, that has not been the case. Several years ago, no one had filed with the Democrat party to oppose him. Seemed to not be worth the effort due to how the state voted. A republican who could not have been successful in a Republican primary decided that he would run as a Democrat. He thought Graham was not conservative enough and this would be his best plan to run against him. He filed as the only candidate on the Democratic primary. Automatic winner of the primary. Very conservative Republican. Eventually the Democratic party figured out what was going on and then urged people to vote for the Republican candidate - Lindsey Graham. Graham won by a landslide. Never heard of this before or since. I agree that voting strictly by party might not be what it seems. Better look carefully at the candidates.

I used to not vote party lines but I do now. I feel now that there is a clear line drawn in the sand between the 2 parties and I just can't vote for the beliefs of the Democratic party. I feel their beliefs are very far left now and even the moderates will vote party lines when they get in. I feel we would benefit from a third party that is more moderate or no parties at all. There truly is no benefit I see to having the 2 parties, I believe each person should run on their own credentials and beliefs and not a party. I believe both parties have some things right and some things wrong. I'm also of the belief that if the government wasn't so overly involved in peoples' lives that we wouldn't even be debating alot of the things we debate. As I mentioned in another post, I'm of the mindset of you do you and I'll do me. Problem is personal responsibility has gone out the window in this country so the government has to regulate more and more because when things go bad most expect the government to step in and take care of it.

Agreed no one should hesitate to throw their hat in the ring on any discussion here.
But it can be frustrating discussing (arguing) with someone who is getting all their info from the Media.
Anyone in my little corner of America with half a nut knows how full of corn the news is.
Not sure that is corn. Maybe a little more organic.

I used to not vote party lines but I do now. I feel now that there is a clear line drawn in the sand between the 2 parties and I just can't vote for the beliefs of the Democratic party. I feel their beliefs are very far left now and even the moderates will vote party lines when they get in. I feel we would benefit from a third party that is more moderate or no parties at all. There truly is no benefit I see to having the 2 parties, I believe each person should run on their own credentials and beliefs and not a party. I believe both parties have some things right and some things wrong. I'm also of the belief that if the government wasn't so overly involved in peoples' lives that we wouldn't even be debating alot of the things we debate. As I mentioned in another post, I'm of the mindset of you do you and I'll do me. Problem is personal responsibility has gone out the window in this country so the government has to regulate more and more because when things go bad most expect the government to step in and take care of it.
You'll get a 3rd party if you start voting for something other than the big two
Everyone seems to always vote against a party with the next best (or least bad) candidate, no 3rd party can ever get any attention that way... the media also loves to dismiss and ignore any options too (Ron Paul was a great example of that, they did EVERYTHING they could to no mention him)

I'm curious though, in the US electoral system, if there was a 3rd party that got enough electoral college votes so that neither of the other parties could get to 270, what would happen? theoretically it's possible the two parties would even be tied.