Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gizmom glad he is feeling a little better. My son had it, got it from close proximity to boss at work. Had a couple weeks of weakness, headaches, no appetite... said it was like a bad flu. Diarrhea . I had the diarrhea; this about 2 months ago, 3 days of weak feeling... didn't go get tested, just got through it. Don't know if it was positive, not worried about it. His GF tested positive too, couple days of just headaches and backaches and done.

We lost a good friend two weeks ago, our son Jacob has been down with it for two 12 days. He said today was the first day he didn't feel he had an anvil sitting on his chest. He is 39 years old healthy with the exception of severe asthma. Needless to say this old mamma has been worried. Was sure glad to hear he is feeling a bit better.
We've lost several people in our area to this stuff. Glad to hear your son is better. By the way... I enjoy seeing your cattle pics and your breeding plans.

I am quite sure I had it back in March. Felt fine one morning, worked like a mule til around 10 am, then it hit me. Light headed, sweats, and could hardly breath. Tried to ouch through for 15 minutes, then almost fell out.

Called it a day and drove home. I could hardly stay in my lane. By the time I made it home, I was having to try very hard to breath. Every breath. This lasted about 3 days. No fever. No headache. Smelled everything fine. Just very weak. I ate decently. Didnt sleep much.

For about 6 weeks though, I couldn't get winded or I would come close to passing out it felt like.

No one around me got sick. And I shared a drink w my uncle the morning I came down with whatever it was.

We've lost several friends here the last 8 or 10 weeks.

Good news about covid was reported today.

New covid cases have dropped 32% from Jan. 11th peak of 250,000 to 170,000
hospitalization has dropped 16% and deaths have dropped 7.5%

Dr Fauci said, I think it's just from the natural course, but soon will be influenced
by additional vaccinations.

My brother-in-law was vaccinated on Sunday and so far his arm hasn't fallen off. :)

I am quite sure I had it back in March. Felt fine one morning, worked like a mule til around 10 am, then it hit me. Light headed, sweats, and could hardly breath. Tried to ouch through for 15 minutes, then almost fell out.

Called it a day and drove home. I could hardly stay in my lane. By the time I made it home, I was having to try very hard to breath. Every breath. This lasted about 3 days. No fever. No headache. Smelled everything fine. Just very weak. I ate decently. Didnt sleep much.

For about 6 weeks though, I couldn't get winded or I would come close to passing out it felt like.

No one around me got sick. And I shared a drink w my uncle the morning I came down with whatever it was.

We've lost several friends here the last 8 or 10 weeks.
I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost several friends to this. I've known several people to die from it as well.

I believe I read that asthma is one of the underlying conditions Covid targets. Prayers for his recovery.
Asthma is one of the underlying conditions that seems to make the effects of Covid more severe. That is why we have been so very concerned, but he seems to be improving. His lung doctor put him on prednisone early on and that helped.

Asthma is one of the underlying conditions that seems to make the effects of Covid more severe. That is why we have been so very concerned, but he seems to be improving. His lung doctor put him on prednisone early on and that helped.
I spoke with an attorney I use from time to time and he had a he!!ish battle with the virus. Lost 25 pounds and was out of commission for almost 30 days. He's in his early 40's and a triathlon participant. Odd he would have such a rough go of it.

I'm curious how it's going to affect me when the time comes.

I spoke with an attorney I use from time to time and he had a he!!ish battle with the virus. Lost 25 pounds and was out of commission for almost 30 days. He's in his early 40's and a triathlon participant. Odd he would have such a rough go of it.

I'm 39, in good shape, I don't go to the gym but I walk alot at work and on the farm, I eat well, lots of garden food and fresh fruits, home raised beef, very little fast food or processed food, take vitamin D daily as well as a few other supplements. My wife exercices daily, eats like I do and is about to be 39, also takes vitamin D. We're both ideal weight for our height and age. We both tested positive 2 weeks ago and had very mild symptoms, low grade fever a few days and a mild cough, lost taste and smell. I worked on the farm burning brush, fixing 4 wheeler, cleaned up shop, she cleaned house and helped me clean out a barn while we were off work with it. There were 9 of us that got it from a family gathering, symptoms ranged from flu like to as mild as ours. I do find it odd when I hear of people who exercise extensively or are athletes having bad reactions to the virus.

I think there must be some genetic predisposition to how it affects people. I know pretty healthy families that have been devastated with hospilizations and deaths, and others that I'd have guessed would have a really hard time with it that had very mild cases.

I'm 55, overweight, both my blood pressure and blood sugar are borderline, so I do try to avoid a lot of sugar, salt, etc...I do take a multi-vitamin daily. I don't "exercise" purposely, but I am pretty active. When I got it, I was just tired and achy to begin with, mild headaches, and a fever that got worse over a couple of days. Only about 24 hours of feeling really bad, and when the fever broke I thought I'd be fine in a day or two. Wrong - it took 10 days before I could do more than walk to the barn and back without feeling like I'd been building fence for 10 hours. Never lost my sense of taste or smell, but everything tasted horribly strong (except orange juice) and I ate very little in that time. Even after that it took another week for me to feel halfway normal, energy wise.

My 21 year old daughter had It the same time I did, but she was fine about the second day after her fever broke. She did lose her Sense of smell for a couple weeks. My wife got it a few days after we did, but she just had a little fever and achy for 3-4 days.

From what I've seen, nothing about it surprises me.

I think there must be some genetic predisposition to how it affects people. I know pretty healthy families that have been devastated with hospilizations and deaths, and others that I'd have guessed would have a really hard time with it that had very mild cases.

I'm 55, overweight, both my blood pressure and blood sugar are borderline, so I do try to avoid a lot of sugar, salt, etc...I do take a multi-vitamin daily. I don't "exercise" purposely, but I am pretty active. When I got it, I was just tired and achy to begin with, mild headaches, and a fever that got worse over a couple of days. Only about 24 hours of feeling really bad, and when the fever broke I thought I'd be fine in a day or two. Wrong - it took 10 days before I could do more than walk to the barn and back without feeling like I'd been building fence for 10 hours. Never lost my sense of taste or smell, but everything tasted horribly strong (except orange juice) and I ate very little in that time. Even after that it took another week for me to feel halfway normal, energy wise.

My 21 year old daughter had It the same time I did, but she was fine about the second day after her fever broke. She did lose her Sense of smell for a couple weeks. My wife got it a few days after we did, but she just had a little fever and achy for 3-4 days.

From what I've seen, nothing about it surprises me.
Was you diagnosed through testing to be positive for covid 19 ?

I know of people some that are friends who said they had it. But never were tested for it.

I just listened to a Dr. Lee Merritt - a 30 min video - excellent! At the end she talks about some people show hardly any sign of the illness while others are hospitalized or die. She said the only thing they have come up with is Vitamin D deficiency. Take your Vit D.
Look her up and view her video - it is on my Facebook page.

For unknown reasons a disproportionate number of people with type A blood
have been hospitalized and a disproportionate number of people with type O
blood have only mild symptoms.

Blood type can't be determined by looking at a person, making it appear more
senseless and random to the general public who can easily see who is overweight.

senseless and random to the general public who can easily see who is overweight.
I have heard that as well.

There are some studies that suggest that that is the case., Also there are some studies that show that maybe an MMR booster may help adults to prevent severe symptoms.

Had a 42 year old football coach die with it a few weeks ago and then a 23 year old female student at Baylor died recently. Then you'll have other cases where they hardly have symptoms. No real way to know what might happen TT.

I'm all for free discussion of ideas, but this is just dangerous propaganda. Scaring seniors away from the vaccine using misinformation ought to be criminal.
How do you feel about scaring seniors with facts?

Hank Aaron age 86 was publicly vaccinated with the Moderna covid vaccine
Jan. 5th and he passed away 17 days later on Jan. 22nd

Healthcare officials bright idea of advertising vaccination has blown up
in their face within the black community with the Hank Aaron event.
No autopsy was done on Aaron, his death was simply listed as natural causes
and he was buried.

2 infants in Samoa died after receiving MMRII. It was later revealed both
were also mistakenly injected with a muscle relaxant along with the vaccine.

The Medical community has a history of literally "burying" their mistakes.
Dosing errors and other deadly medical mistakes are far too common and the
medical community's preference of keeping records private to prevent litigation
and accountability inflames distrust.

Failing to investigate Aaron's death by healthcare officials who recruited him
as a celebrity endorsement for vaccination only creates more distrust.
If a celebrity death is simply shrugged off, then how much more so are no name nursing home deaths?

edited to include my bias on the subject:
I was once the victim of a dosing error and with 94% certainty I believe
a very close relative's death was hastened by a dosing error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts