Covid observations

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
farmguy said:
I do not usually do much talking on my own feelings but stick to facts. This morning I heard a speaker say we are closing in on 200,000 covid deaths.
but what does that mean? It would mean one Covid death for each 1650 Americans. Now also remember that some states do not require
a Covid test to list Covid as the cause of death, only the symptoms. Also remember there are in place financial incentives for Covid deaths.
Also remember that deaths due to heart attacks and other causes have decreased in the past months. The average Covid death has 2.6 other medical conditions.
These are simply my observations on the pandemic.
I've been told that when you are infected with Covid you quickly forget those other 2.6 medical conditions.

Close friend was diagnosed positive this past Friday. Says he's been weak and sluggish but otherwise fine. He's 60, a little overweight and takes baby aspirin as a blood thinner. His wife has it as well. She's had the cough in addition to the fatigue.

If their condition worsens I'll update this thread but thus far the hype hasn't matched real life in their case.

Amazing how the intensity of the illness can vary so much. The young man that was in a coma for over a week had a wife and two sons who were also diagnosed with it but had very very minimal symptoms, aches and pains.

TexasBred said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
I've been told that when you are infected with Covid you quickly forget those other 2.6 medical conditions.

Close friend was diagnosed positive this past Friday. Says he's been weak and sluggish but otherwise fine. He's 60, a little overweight and takes baby aspirin as a blood thinner. His wife has it as well. She's had the cough in addition to the fatigue.

If their condition worsens I'll update this thread but thus far the hype hasn't matched real life in their case.

Amazing how the intensity of the illness can vary so much. The young man that was in a coma for over a week had a wife and two sons who were also diagnosed with it but had very very minimal symptoms, aches and pains.

That seems to be the case. My friend had a rough day Friday but he's been fine since then.

5 days ago:
"Gov. Andrew Cuomo says that we can't wait for New York to hit vaccine herd immunity before reopening businesses.
He says that the pain caused by keeping the economy closed for another estimated six months or more while the vaccine takes hold would be far too painful."
Now, tell me politics has nothing to do with all the scare tactics. Are all the other Democratic run states saying the same??

5 days ago:
"Gov. Andrew Cuomo says that we can't wait for New York to hit vaccine herd immunity before reopening businesses.
He says that the pain caused by keeping the economy closed for another estimated six months or more while the vaccine takes hold would be far too painful."
Now, tell me politics has nothing to do with all the scare tactics. Are all the other Democratic run states saying the same??
Yes they are. They achieved their objective.

Exactly.... they got what they wanted.... now there will be a miraculous number of recoveries.... and they are ALLOWING doctors to prescribe different medicines OFF LABEL now if they feel that in their experience there may be some benefit.
Sorriest bunch of SOB's Cuomo ought to be .....

Exactly.... they got what they wanted.... now there will be a miraculous number of recoveries.... and they are ALLOWING doctors to prescribe different medicines OFF LABEL now if they feel that in their experience there may be some benefit.
Strung up!!!

Made Attorney General!

5 days ago:
Washington state is pathetically Democratic, tax is about the only word the governor can mumble.
Things opened up a little this week, indoor dinning, some schools. What changed in a week? The state has dropped the ball on vaccinations so I know it's not that.

Washington state is pathetically Democratic, tax is about the only word the governor can mumble.
Things opened up a little this week, indoor dinning, some schools. What changed in a week? The state has dropped the ball on vaccinations so I know it's not that.
They're counting on the masses to be too stupid to notice.
You can't fix stupid.

Fox News asks why Biden wasn't wearing mask 'at all times' (yahoo.com)

President Joe Biden signs executive order requiring masks to be worn on federal property. Then attends his celebration at the Lincoln memorial that night and does not wear his mask. His family does not wear masks. New press secretary says he has more important matters to be concerned about. Besides, he was celebrating.

I loved being stationed in Ft. Lewis back in the 90s. Absolutly beautiful! I thought long, but not to hard after seeing the land prices a few years ago, about moving back there after I retired. ACU is still my bank after 25 years. LOL Sad to hear it went downhill...

I loved being stationed in Ft. Lewis back in the 90s. Absolutly beautiful! I thought long, but not to hard after seeing the land prices a few years ago, about moving back there after I retired. ACU is still my bank after 25 years. LOL Sad to hear it went downhill...
I'm across the Narrows bridge from Tacoma on the Kitsap peninsula. Our prices are starting to climb from people fleeing the city!

I'm across the Narrows bridge from Tacoma on the Kitsap peninsula. Our prices are starting to climb from people fleeing the city!
I was born in Tacoma, raised in Puyallup. I have a sister who still lives there. I go back there now and I can't get out of there fast enough. I tell people it is like the old story of putting a frog in boiling water versus putting one in a pot and slowly turning up the heat. In 1979 I moved to southern Thurston county. That area slowly changed from a sleepy little farm community to an over crowded bedroom community. Western Washington has completely changed from what it was like when I was growing up.

We lost a good friend two weeks ago, our son Jacob has been down with it for two 12 days. He said today was the first day he didn't feel he had an anvil sitting on his chest. He is 39 years old healthy with the exception of severe asthma. Needless to say this old mamma has been worried. Was sure glad to hear he is feeling a bit better.

We lost a good friend two weeks ago, our son Jacob has been down with it for two 12 days. He said today was the first day he didn't feel he had an anvil sitting on his chest. He is 39 years old healthy with the exception of severe asthma. Needless to say this old mamma has been worried. Was sure glad to hear he is feeling a bit better.
I believe I read that asthma is one of the underlying conditions Covid targets. Prayers for his recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts