Covid - good news

Help Support CattleToday:

New cases of covid have dropped 35% in the last 3 weeks
studies have found for every person tested positive - 3 have had covid without being diagnosed

Experts estimate we are now at 1/3 herd immunity and growing

[lite-sarcasm] Amazing! It's almost like the vaccine is working! [/lite-sarcasm]

We don't let our cattle just sit in the pasture and build their own herd immunity. We vaccinate them so they don't die. It amazes me that people are still refusing to take the vaccine and say it will kill them. The numbers from vaccine related issues are lower than even the percentage of getting covid so....you want .035% or .025%? LOL

Could it be the reason case counts are dropping is because they change how they call a positive case?

WHO changed it to be 2 positive tests AND symptomatic - get this - because there were way too many false positives.
Yeah, their move was geared for when Bejing Biden took office. They are all on the Great Reset and working together.

New cases of covid have dropped 35% in the last 3 weeks
studies have found for every person tested positive - 3 have had covid without being diagnosed

Experts estimate we are now at 1/3 herd immunity and growing
I have my suspicions but what Koolaid are you drinking?
Go check the WHO website. There is a 30.9% uptick of cases in the Americas.
As far as your latter two comments I would not be surprised if they are true. Who gets the credit? Mother Nature and no one else.

Could it be the reason case counts are dropping is because they change how they call a positive case?

WHO changed it to be 2 positive tests AND symptomatic - get this - because there were way too many false positives.
Yeah, their move was geared for when Bejing Biden took office. They are all on the Great Reset and working together.
I believe you are on to something. It will be interesting to see if Flu cases start rising if Covid cases start dropping. Would make me go hmm.

Or does the decline in flu numbers indicate that shutdowns and masks work in virus prevention?
And maybe because of those measures working, we should just shut down everything permanently, hunker down in our bunkers in fear with our quadrupled masks on, and wait for our government checks to show up? Ah yes... in government we trust.

Have to wonder too, if we HADN'T shutdown the economies of the world, hadn't completely destroyed people's livelihoods, hadn't socially distanced so that our parents are held in solitary confinement, barred from their family members and friends even in death, hadn't worn masks, and if we had instead gotten on with our lives... Could it be possible that we MAY HAVE MUCH more rapidly developed the "herd immunity" that we/they are all STILL "hoping and striving and praying" to potentially achieve optimistically by sometime late this summer (however now we HOPE we can achieve that through the "miracle savior" of the vaccines, rather than "exposure"), AND potentially not then have dragged out the timeline for our "herd" to develop this "herd immunity" so long that the virus then WOULDN'T have had the time it required to develop the "several thousand variant strains" that I heard this morning that it has, and that they are now "rabidly scrambling" to come up with new vaccines just to try to stay ahead of it, and MAY WE HAVE THEN overcome this thing MUCH faster, with fewer deaths????

We will never know, will we. Any answer to that question is ONLY a guess. The reaction that was taken is what it is. That ship has sailed, and we are where we are. And now we have to deal with the consequences of that decision too, just like we would have had to if the above had been our course of reaction.

Sometimes, when thinking that our "science" is so smart, it can create more problems than it solves. I think we're learning that in agriculture. Ever hear of "super weeds"??? Or "super bugs" that insecticides, BT varieties, and/or antibiotics are no longer effective against? Does it concern you that perhaps we've been overdoing it with "prophylactic use of these"? Hand sanitizers? Antibacterial soaps? Does it concern you that perhaps MORE PEOPLE will die, and we will overall have MORE health issues and sickness because of this misapplication/overuse of "science"?

It certainly does me...................................

Last edited:
I was on the road last night, listening to MPR on my 5 hour drive. Dr. they were interviewing about the vaccines was asked directly about their effectiveness, in light of the "variants". Are they/will they remain effective?

Response: .....Uh... the honest answer to that is, ...we don't know, but the vaccine developers are working frantically to figure out what new variants there are, so that they can develop effective vaccine strains against them, as they come up. The problem is turn around time... how long has the new variant been out there spreading, before we detect it? And once detected, how long does it take to determine if the existing vaccine is effective against it, or HOW effective it is against it? And if it isn't, how long will it take to develop a new vaccine that IS effective against it? This is very complicated... and it takes time. And during that time, the virus is going to do what viruses do... it's going to continue to mutate. By the time we can develop a vaccine against the new strain, it may have developed many other new strains... and on it goes.

Goes back to my post above... what if we had...................

More good news.
2nd consecutive day that only 1 covid death was reported in Minnesota.

The bad news, Mn. health officials reported 513 new positive tests.
Who cares?
I want to know how many were admitted to hospital for treatment
and that was not even mentioned.

The media loves reporting big numbers for shock value.
Severity of the cases is what matters. We are 6 months past how many new positives matters. The focus should be on the severity of new cases and reporting daily number of new hospitalizations rather than daily number testing positive would do that.

In previous years has the daily number of 24-72 hour flu ever been reported?
My main concern is they seem to want to scare the crap out of children and
other trusting souls, to keep the terror going.

Last edited:
More good news.
Covid cases are down 77% from January 9 peak and with no 'Super Bowl' bump.
Yes, 1 out of 600 Americans have died from/with covid.
But according to John Hopkins University, we have crossed the 50% herd immunity threshold and everyday we are getting closer to the 67% goal.
Dr Makary stated, As more people become infected, most with mild or no symptoms, there are fewer left to be infected. At the current trajectory Covid will mostly be gone by the end of April, allowing Americans to safely resume normal life.

The Spanish Flu pandemic lasted 18 months.
18 months from January 1 2020 is July 1 2021.

2020 covid deaths 352,729
2021 ytd to 22 Feb.147,581 with peak of 3,907 on January 14
(stats from our world in data)

Yes, the covid virus will always be with us, 10 years ago 62,000 Americans died from the flu, even though that pandemic ended long, long ago.

My bold prediction:
2022 we will be back to the good old days of drug overdose deaths outnumbering
covid & flu deaths combined.
:)

More good news.
2nd consecutive day that only 1 covid death was reported in Minnesota.

The bad news, Mn. health officials reported 513 new positive tests.
Who cares?
I want to know how many were admitted to hospital for treatment
and that was not even mentioned.

The media loves reporting big numbers for shock value.
Severity of the cases is what matters. We are 6 months past how many new positives matters. The focus should be on the severity of new cases and reporting daily number of new hospitalizations rather than daily number testing positive would do that.

In previous years has the daily number of 24-72 hour flu ever been reported?
My main concern is they seem to want to scare the crap out of children and
other trusting souls, to keep the terror going.
Not exactly. Every new 'severe' infection came from someone else. Each new case, regardless of how it affected the previously infected person, has the same potential as any other to be a severe case. New cases matter. New daily deaths do as well as they are a direct indicator of the severity of the individual cases.
6 months ago, on Aug 24, the US had 495 new deaths. Yesterday, (six months later), there were 2,525 new deaths in the US.

febaugnewdeaths.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly. Every new 'severe' infection came from someone else. Each new case, regardless of how it affected the previously infected person, has the same potential as any other to be a severe case. New cases matter. New daily deaths do as well as they are a direct indicator of the severity of the individual cases.
6 months ago, on Aug 24, the US had 495 new deaths. Yesterday, (six months later), there were 2,525 new deaths in the US.

View attachment 2586
A well reasoned response greybeard.
August 24th may have been an exaggeration on my part, but Oct 5 when Trump
and staff members tested positive it was clear that even bi-weekly testing had
little to no effect on preventing spread.

The covid tests being done are only a snapshot for that day. While important
for statistical analysis, it is of little use for the individual or their family.

To me reporting new hospitalizations is the standard for severity. It puts the
number of new cases and the number of new deaths in perspective.
It chaps my butt when Minnesota health officials have all 3 but only publicize
the two.

Last edited:
Coffee is great 100% the time. Sometimes you need popcorn. Some prefer something sweeter like ice cream or cookies.
This agree or disagree part would be complicated to explain. I agree with some parts and disagree with others. 😊
Mostly I was just b.s. and offer if anybody wanted coffee or popcorn. Just having a little fun.

Latest posts