Covid after 1 yr

Help Support CattleToday:

And your first post to the board was to stir the pot?
No sir! If my opinion is not welcome here because it differs from you then maybe I should move on?
Maybe for some reading, I described you?
He or she has an opinion just like everyone else. I say we should welcome him or her to the board.

What I don't get is how you can join in 2015 and not post for 6 years!?!?
And thank you "TT". I've been reading for a long time and have "mostly" enjoyed the site. 😬

No sir! If my opinion is not welcome here because it differs from you then maybe I should move on?

And thank you "TT". I've been reading for a long time and have "mostly" enjoyed the site. 😬

I hope you continue to post your thoughts as well as some photos of your cattle and other interests.

Are the instances of shingles occurring after a covid vaccination any higher than the average of shingles before covid emerged in 2019?
That is my understanding, because shingles generally hits those 60 & older and there have been more cases reported in the 30-45 range - after the covid vac. The shingles vaccination generally isn't recommended until around 60.

That is my understanding, because shingles generally hits those 60 & older and there have been more cases reported in the 30-45 range - after the covid vac. The shingles vaccination generally isn't recommended until around 60.
There are 2 different shingles vaccines.
The Zostavax (the original 2006 shingles vaccine) was recommended for those 60 and older (tho not restricted just to that age) It is a live vaccine administered in a single shot..

The newer (& current) shingles vaccine (and one most recommended) is the 2 shot Shingrix vaccine that has been approved here since 2017 and has always been recommended for those 50 and older. It is not a live vaccine.

Both vaccines are now approved beginning at age 50 tho it is my understanding that Zostavax is no longer available in the USA.
This page was archived upon the discontinuation of the sale and use of Zostavax in the United States, effective November 18, 2020. The information below is for historical record and use only.
Zostavax is no longer available for use in the United States, as of November 18, 2020.

I would want to see more data regarding any reported correlation between covid vaccines and shingles.

Correlation does not automatically equal causation.

Step daughter came down with shingles the day after her first shot. Her research (and her Dr.) found a number of examples of people that had chicken pox and previously had Covid, suffered shingles after the initial shot. And typically too young where the shingles vaccine is recommended (she's 44). Four weeks later, she's still battling shingles. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm . . . .
Same with people getting diabetes after covid.

I suggest you research all the peoples lives who have been affected by implementing these measures to save the "at risk". It's not near as black and white as you described.

There are... and have been... people walking around us every day that are extremely at risk... long before Covid. No one ever stopped any thing for them until now when their loved ones... their friends... or they themselves could die. Now every one wants to whip out that compassion guilt card. 🙄

We dont wish harm on any one else. We just understand we are not God and shouldn't try to pick the winners and losers.

I suggest you research all the peoples lives who have been affected by implementing these measures to save the "at risk". It's not near as black and white as you described.

There are... and have been... people walking around us every day that are extremely at risk... long before Covid. No one ever stopped any thing for them until now when their loved ones... their friends... or they themselves could die. Now every one wants to whip out that compassion guilt card. 🙄

We dont wish harm on any one else. We just understand we are not God and shouldn't try to pick the winners and losers.
The key word in your post is "lives". Our "lives" have all been affected, but we do still have our "lives".
I'm simply saying that if me getting vaccinated , or wearing a mask, or avoiding crowds can save one person's life then all the discomfort I have been through has been worth it. I'm not any more entitled to my right to live my life than any other person.
This is my last post on this topic, hopefully I can interact with you on a different subject, maybe cattle or something.

I wish for one time, everybody would think about others rather than themselves! All I hear is I'm not scared of Covid or I've had it and I'm not worried about getting it again! What about all the vulnerable people that you are in contact with that are worried about it! Screw them, right? I have a vaccine, not because I'm worried about me but my 5 year old that cannot get vaccinated, or my elderly family members that could not survive it. We have a real problem in this country about looking out for #1 and to hell with everybody else.
The whole point of a free country is supposed to be that people can evaluate their own situation and make their own decisions based on the risks they are willing to take.

So everyone should have the right to learn as much (or as little) as they want about the virus and the dangers it poses to them and the people they come into contact with. Then they should have the right to take any personal measures to keep themselves and their loved ones safe that they feel necessary as long as it does not effect others personal freedom. At the end of the day once you allow other people's freedom to be infringed you have completely gotten rid of true freedom and the thing that has made this such a great country for so long

So in conclusion your safety is your own responsibility and nobody else has to look out for your interests! Know your risks and take your precautions because that is your responsibility!

The whole point of a free country is supposed to be that people can evaluate their own situation and make their own decisions based on the risks they are willing to take.

So everyone should have the right to learn as much (or as little) as they want about the virus and the dangers it poses to them and the people they come into contact with. Then they should have the right to take any personal measures to keep themselves and their loved ones safe that they feel necessary as long as it does not effect others personal freedom. At the end of the day once you allow other people's freedom to be infringed you have completely gotten rid of true freedom and the thing that has made this such a great country for so long

So in conclusion your safety is your own responsibility and nobody else has to look out for your interests! Know your risks and take your precautions because that is your responsibility!

Nothing infringes on other people's freedom more than their death.

That is it... you either believe in freedom and personal responsibility or you dont.

I have no problem with people choosing to stay home, people choosing to wear masks, and/or people choosing to get vaccinated. I draw the line in the sand at govt mandates and other people in general telling me what I have to do or should do.

I'm simply saying that if me getting vaccinated , or wearing a mask, or avoiding crowds can save one person's life then all the discomfort I have been through has been worth it. I'm not any more entitled to my right to live my life than any other person.
This is my last post on this topic, hopefully I can interact with you on a different subject, maybe cattle or something.
I'll remind you what you said so we are clear where you crossed the line. If you hope to interact with other on the board in a positive way I suggest you not use exclamation points while making wild accusations about other members. You "opinions" (accusations) were met with back lash because they are not true and misrepresent us for the purpose of using guilt or fear to push your view.

Dont jump in the boxing ring swinging then go pout when others swing back.
I wish for one time, everybody would think about others rather than themselves! All I hear is I'm not scared of Covid or I've had it and I'm not worried about getting it again! What about all the vulnerable people that you are in contact with that are worried about it! Screw them, right?

I have a vaccine, not because I'm worried about me but my 5 year old that cannot get vaccinated, or my elderly family members that could not survive it.
Why do you think your elderly relatives can't survive vaccination?
Why do you think a 5 year old needs to be vaccinated?

My 48 yr old anti-vax cousin tested positive for Covid last week.
4 days of headaches, chills and general achiness, but no medical treatment.
Good for him. He has joined herd immunity (the hard way) as 'self vaccinated'

His 69 yr old mother still refuses to be vaccinated.
I think it's mostly out of fear. I chose to be vaccinated and I think her fears are unfounded. But she is of sound mind and body. Her body, her choice.

Last edited:
When Covid first came out several of us looked at the number of people in the community at higher risk. The post office serves 130 people. That is every man, woman, and child within 20-30 miles. We came up with 23 high risk people. So everyone altered their behavior somewhat. Time marched on and everyone went about their life's. Since Thanksgiving there has been some Covid here. That has included half a dozen "high risk" people. Nobody has died from it. Mostly not much more than a serious cold.

That is it... you either believe in freedom and personal responsibility or you dont.

I have no problem with people choosing to stay home, people choosing to wear masks, and/or people choosing to get vaccinated. I draw the line in the sand at govt mandates and other people in general telling me what I have to do or should do.
Why is it illegal to sell heroin and cocaine? Or drive drunk? Or drive 100 mph? Should it be a matter of personal responsibility? If I want to drink a pint of whiskey, snort a line of cocaine, and drive 100 mph, isn't it my body, my choice? Other people can choose to stay home and protect themselves if they don't feel safe with me on the road, right?

We make reasonable infringements on "personal freedom" all the time. There's no reason to draw the line at public health measures.

Why is it illegal to sell heroin and cocaine? Or drive drunk? Or drive 100 mph? Should it be a matter of personal responsibility? If I want to drink a pint of whiskey, snort a line of cocaine, and drive 100 mph, isn't it my body, my choice? Other people can choose to stay home and protect themselves if they don't feel safe with me on the road, right?

We make reasonable infringements on "personal freedom" all the time. There's no reason to draw the line at public health measures.
What's the difference between forcing some one to drive a speed limit and forcing some one to wear a star on their shirt?

... common sense is the difference. If you dont understand that its cause you dont have any and are what's wrong with this country.

The government or state has the right to protect the common good. Yes, even at the cost of the "personal freedom" for the individual or group who would cause harm to the common good. On that most or all of us would agree. That is the entire point of a police force. That is the idea of law and order. But, what we have going on now is not the protection of the common good. What is going on now is the state or government saying "everyone shelter in place because a few people have become intoxicated, snorted cocaine and are driving 100 mph". It is absurd. This is why many people believe it is not about the common good, but it is about control of the population. Anyone who has an understanding of history will be a bit skeptical of these tactics. In fact, this looks very much like a planned event. Look up: "The SPARS Epidemic of 2025-2028" (SPARS) published by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in October 2017, two years before the outbreak of Covid-19... Maybe my tinfoil hat is on too tight, but there are just too many coincidences for me.

Latest posts