Covid after 1 yr

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't really care about the virus at all. But it would make my life so much more complicated right now if I were to test positive
Stay indoors alone, wear your mask except when eating, avoid all human contact, strange dogs and cats too, and you MIGHT get through this mess.

Good luck and welcome back.

Talked to several people who have had the China Virus that got the shots after. They say the shots were hard on them, especially the second, as they already had antibodies from the virus and the second shot was overload and caused a lot of adverse effects.
Not unusual at all. Like any novel pathogen, the medical community is still learning about it and there is a growing consensus that people that have already had Covid may only need one dose and just skip the 2nd dose. It's also thought that those who've previously had Covid may have a higher incident of strong side effects from the 2nd shot. A British study said a second shot increases both the antibodies/Tcell response AND side effects 6 fold in those that previously had the full blown infection. It is beleived this is because the bodies immune system is so readily able to then recognize the virus and goes into a much stronger response mode.

It's been a little over 13 months.
USA pop 331,700,000 covid deaths 572,155 = 1 in 580 people

We know now the odds of dying from/with covid in last 13 months was
1 in 580

Is Joe Biden's statement, that everyone has lost a friend or family member to covid
a fact or political exaggeration?
Average wedding size in USA is 150 people, funerals average 50.
Giving the benefit of doubt I used 193 for the average number of friends and family.

odds of having a friend or family member die from/with covid, 1 in 3
(193 in 580) aka 3-1 odds
I used 193 for round number, if only 150 F & F then the odds increase to 3.87 - 1
Even if you have 290 friends and family members the odds are still 50/50 that you have not lost a friend or family member to covid.

odds of 4 dear friends or family member's covid deaths 1 in 240
rare but it does happen
odds of you and spouse having the same birthday 1 in

1 in 580

Is Joe Biden's statement, that everyone has lost a friend or family member to covid
Giving the benefit of doubt I used 193 for the average number of friends and family.

I used 193 for round number, if only 150 F & F then the odds increase to 3.87 - 1
Even if you have 290 friends and family members the odds are still 50/50 that you have not lost a friend or family member to covid.

rare but it does happen
odds of you and spouse having the same birthday 1 in 365
Joe Biden is a fabulist. Has been for at least his entire political career. AKA liar.

Talked to several people who have had the China Virus that got the shots after. They say the shots were hard on them, especially the second, as they already had antibodies from the virus and the second shot was overload and caused a lot of adverse effects.
Step daughter came down with shingles the day after her first shot. Her research (and her Dr.) found a number of examples of people that had chicken pox and previously had Covid, suffered shingles after the initial shot. And typically too young where the shingles vaccine is recommended (she's 44). Four weeks later, she's still battling shingles. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm . . . .

Sending good luck the test is negative & the procedure goes well!
The test was negative and the procedure went well. But I have lots of different Dr appointments so there is plenty of opportunity to end up testing positive and having things postponed

Step daughter came down with shingles the day after her first shot. Her research (and her Dr.) found a number of examples of people that had chicken pox and previously had Covid, suffered shingles after the initial shot. And typically too young where the shingles vaccine is recommended (she's 44). Four weeks later, she's still battling shingles. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm . . . .

First I've heard that interesting.

I know 5 people thats died from Covid.

Are the instances of shingles occurring after a covid vaccination any higher than the average of shingles before covid emerged in 2019?

Dr. Anthony Fauci made $417,608 in 2019, the latest year for which federal salaries are available. That made him not only the highest paid doctor in the federal government, but the highest paid out of all four million federal employees.

Dr. Fakie has to keep the sham going and people in fear so he can keep stuffing his own pockets.

Of the more than 76 million Americans fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, there were only 5,800 infections post-vaccine, or .008%.
These "breakthrough cases" of fully vaccinated individuals who develop coronavirus are not unexpected, experts note. The vaccines are 100% effective at preventing succumbing to a severe case of coronavirus, but are not 100% protective against being infected.
.008% means 8 people in every million- In Montana's 1.1 Million population that would mean about 10 people would get it- but old Dr. Fakie is still preaching mask wearing (now saying wear 2 until 2022) and Dementia Joe is still putting on "mask mandates" .

1 in 580

rare but it does happen
odds of you and spouse having the same birthday 1 in 365
I've lost two cousins, a friend and had several friends lose parents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. I know people who've survived and are fine. I know people who survived and, at the age of 27, can't lift their baby without feeling like they have a broken rib. Statistics don't matter a lot when it's your people dying. But you keep blowing smoke out your ass over numbers and politics.

I wish for one time, everybody would think about others rather than themselves! All I hear is I'm not scared of Covid or I've had it and I'm not worried about getting it again! What about all the vulnerable people that you are in contact with that are worried about it! Screw them, right? I have a vaccine, not because I'm worried about me but my 5 year old that cannot get vaccinated, or my elderly family members that could not survive it. We have a real problem in this country about looking out for #1 and to hell with everybody else.

I wish for one time, everybody would think about others rather than themselves! All I hear is I'm not scared of Covid or I've had it and I'm not worried about getting it again! What about all the vulnerable people that you are in contact with that are worried about it! Screw them, right? I have a vaccine, not because I'm worried about me but my 5 year old that cannot get vaccinated, or my elderly family members that could not survive it. We have a real problem in this country about looking out for #1 and to hell with everybody else.
And your first post to the board was to stir the pot?

I've lost two cousins, a friend and had several friends lose parents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. I know people who've survived and are fine. I know people who survived and, at the age of 27, can't lift their baby without feeling like they have a broken rib. Statistics don't matter a lot when it's your people dying. But you keep blowing smoke out your ass over numbers and politics.
Statistics aren't based on emotion. If what you are saying is true and if the statistics @Son of Butch posted are true, then you shouldn't be surprised if a dozen or more people tell you they know of nobody who has died from Covid. You just happen to know an above average number of people who died from Covid. I am one of those dozen or so people who don't know of anyone who has died from Covid. I am sorry for your loss of family and friends.

Statistics aren't based on emotion. If what you are saying is true and if the statistics @Son of Butch posted are true, then you shouldn't be surprised if a dozen or more people tell you they know of nobody who has died from Covid. You just happen to know an above average number of people who died from Covid. I am one of those dozen or so people who don't know of anyone who has died from Covid. I am sorry for your loss of family and friends.
I know of a few, one right here in my office building. I would have thought he'd have been healthy enough to deal with it even though he was in his early 70's. I'll miss him. RIP Andy.