Covid-19 deaths

Help Support CattleToday:

Both of yall have been hard core advocates for these mandates and it's clear to see why now. Yall live in a make believe world, disconnected from what is actually going on. Yall want to believe it's all working out for the best as long as yall squeeze 10 more years out regardless of who else it hurts. Any one who speaks out about the realities of what is going on and that these mandates may be doing more harm than good yall try to tear them down because it doesnt fit what yall want to believe.

I've said my part. THE END

Well said!

We have strong data at this point on who is at risk and who is not. Put those of us who are not to work keeping the economy going.
Are you also in favor of keeping everyone that doesn't drink, off the road to protect them from drunk drivers or other accidents?

You are the one that brought up schools Brute.
"I think the parent who is trying to provide both a financially stable environment and a stable social environment for their special needs child would disagree these mandates respect their families health and welfare. The kids that depend on those 2 meals from the school system every day probably don't agree."
I'm not the one assuming the people who need food are going to drive up to the school to pick it up on their way to work.

The school I drove by a couple months back, the line of cars was moving a LOT faster than the drive thru line at Whataburger. Not much difference in driving to a neighborhood school and finding a fast food place to get a breakfast burrito.

I suggest you get involved with or at least speak to the people involved with helping people in your community. Your talking about drive thru fast food and I'm talking about kids who use the public school showers and clothes that are provided thru donations when they get off the bus because the do not have running water and appropriate clothes at home. Not even close to the same.

Both of yall have been hard core advocates for these mandates and it's clear to see why now. Yall live in a make believe world, disconnected from what is actually going on. Yall want to believe it's all working out for the best as long as yall squeeze 10 more years out regardless of who else it hurts. Any one who speaks out about the realities of what is going on and that these mandates may be doing more harm than good yall try to tear them down because it doesnt fit what yall want to believe.

I've said my part. THE END
Nailed it.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I think each individual ought to be able to decide if he/she should wear a mask or not. I think each individual ought to be able to decide if he/she want to give his/her money to fund after school lunches or help elderly or whatever other charity work is needed in the community. The government doesn't need to be involved. There is plenty of greed in both political parties and in the government as a whole. Once the government is involved, your tax money gets spent to satisfy a special interest group and little makes it to those school lunch programs.

Covid-19 may very well be the end of this country as we know it, but it won't be because of the fatality rate. It will be because we spent $1.8 Trillion and plan to spend more. The spending is out of control. https://usdebtclock.org/

Covid-19 may very well be the end of this country as we know it, but it won't be because of the fatality rate. It will be because we spent $1.8 Trillion and plan to spend more. The spending is out of control. https://usdebtclock.org/
Exactly. Biggest problem facing this country is deficit spending. Not any sickness, not red or blue, not the flu, not the climate. Seems like neither side is concerned anymore about spending. Spending (entitlements) and income (taxes) have to balance. One of these has to increase and one of these has to decrease to save us. If it is not too late. May be too late to only cut spending. Got to pay down the debt. Only way I know to do that as an individual is don't buy what I can do without and work to bring in more money. Those simple two principles have worked for me. Why can't we apply that to the country as a whole?

Exactly. Biggest problem facing this country is deficit spending. Not any sickness, not red or blue, not the flu, not the climate. Seems like neither side is concerned anymore about spending. Spending (entitlements) and income (taxes) have to balance. One of these has to increase and one of these has to decrease to save us. If it is not too late. May be too late to only cut spending. Got to pay down the debt. Only way I know to do that as an individual is don't buy what I can do without and work to bring in more money. Those simple two principles have worked for me. Why can't we apply that to the country as a whole?
Every one of you on here jumped up and down and could not hardly wait like a kid waiting for Christmas to get those CFAP checks. So do not come on here and spout about deficit spending with your hand out. I had to take up the slack for the President when he did not pay his taxes for many years and the first two years only paid $750. Any one checked on Chris Christy he has been in the hospital for 6 days with the virus.

Covid-19 may very well be the end of this country as we know it, but it won't be because of the fatality rate. It will be because we spent $1.8 Trillion and plan to spend more. The spending is out of control.

I agree 110% with that statement, BUT we the American farmer is guilty as hell, We lineup to get every USDA check we can, we are no better than the "welfare queen" we've all talked about. Every time a new program comes out, the local Cattlemen's Association & Farm Bureau members start calling farmers to tell them we're getting "more Free Money get it while you can" there ain't no such thing as Free Money.
Entitlements are killing the American way of life!
Our kids & grand kids will pay out the butt for this....

And I'm As Guilty HELL myself.
Well I guess I kicked that hornets nest, I'll probably get blacklisted,
The truth always hurts worse than a damn lie!

copied from local news paper.

COVID-19 relief pushes U.S. budget deficit to $3.1T
New, eye-popping federal budget figures released Thursday show an enormous $3.1 trillion deficit in the just-completed fiscal year, a record swelled by coronavirus re-lief spending that pushed the tally of red ink to three times that of last year.The Congressional Budget Office released the unofficial 2020 figures Thursday, saying the deficit equaled 15% ofthe U.S. economy, a huge gap that was the largest since the government undertook massive borrowing to finance thefinal year of World War II. The government spent $6.6 trillion last year and borrowed 48 cents of every dollar it spent, CBO said..

My son is high risk as is my dad and quite a few extended relatives. We had a family dove hunt and get together this past Saturday. My Aunt, who is probably the highest risk of all of us said it best when some one asked if they should hug her or not. She said... what's the point of being alive if you are not living.

We all discussed it and decided we will not live in fear.
I've heard similar statements before. I haven't really thought about cowering in fear, as some like to put it, but I'm just trying to follow procedures to keep as many people safe as possible. If someone dies or is in the hospital for two months, was it worth a hug? I'd like to think I could follow a few safety procedures now, and when things get back to some normalcy, I could hopefully have many more hugs for many years to come.

I'm not knocking your view at all, I'm just presenting another one.

Covid-19 may very well be the end of this country as we know it, but it won't be because of the fatality rate. It will be because we spent $1.8 Trillion and plan to spend more. The spending is out of control.

I agree 110% with that statement, BUT we the American farmer is guilty as hell, We lineup to get every USDA check we can, we are no better than the "welfare queen" we've all talked about. Every time a new program comes out, the local Cattlemen's Association & Farm Bureau members start calling farmers to tell them we're getting "more Free Money get it while you can" there ain't no such thing as Free Money.
Entitlements are killing the American way of life!
Our kids & grand kids will pay out the butt for this....

And I'm As Guilty HELL myself.
Well I guess I kicked that hornets nest, I'll probably get blacklisted,
The truth always hurts worse than a damn lie!
And if there are farmers in the community who don't take advantage of all the free money, other farmers think they've lost their mind. I had city water run over a mile to my farm, and the neighbor thought I was looney that I just payed for it and didn't try to get a grant. Every time he puts up a new building or has anything done, you can bet he's dipped into the free money bucket.

Never seen the amount of tax one pays or doesn't pay to be some badge of honor. However, I can appreciate those who do pay their share.

I don't mind paying taxes, but I'd prefer it not be calculated on the the money I earn, rather the money I spend.

Stimulus checks, CFAP, crop loss, welfare, etc... all fall under the same umbrella for me. I don't criticize those who participate in such programs, but I think they're part of what contributes to a budget that's in the red.

Are you also in favor of keeping everyone that doesn't drink, off the road to protect them from drunk drivers or other accidents?
Nope... but if wish to not brave the dangers of those areas where steel, gas and asphalt collide, you have that option. Conversely, if you're willing, able and ready to, you dang sure ought to be able to!

Last edited:
There is an old saying about teaching a man to fish vs. giving a man a fish. Only one way Americans are gonna learn how to fish. Also remember it is called fishing not catching, sometimes you gotta work at it.

Every one of you on here jumped up and down and could not hardly wait like a kid waiting for Christmas to get those CFAP checks. So do not come on here and spout about deficit spending with your hand out. I had to take up the slack for the President when he did not pay his taxes for many years and the first two years only paid $750. Any one checked on Chris Christy he has been in the hospital for 6 days with the virus.
Hold on there buddy. I don't get any government payments from the Ag welfare system. Not signed up with them. Never been in their building. So, better to not quote me and say that "everyone on here" got those payments. Not me. And apparently not some others. I don't hold it against anyone who uses the programs they qualify for. I hold it against our "leaders" who pass those programs and us people who vote for them. Our leaders have learned that votes can be purchased with giveaway programs and Robin Hood programs. Time for all of us to demand better leaders - Red, white and blue instead of red or blue.

I've heard similar statements before. I haven't really thought about cowering in fear, as some like to put it, but I'm just trying to follow procedures to keep as many people safe as possible. If someone dies or is in the hospital for two months, was it worth a hug? I'd like to think I could follow a few safety procedures now, and when things get back to some normalcy, I could hopefully have many more hugs for many years to come.

I'm not knocking your view at all, I'm just presenting another one.
It wasnt meant as cowering in fear. I know some people have used it that way. It was just meant as we are not going to stop showing affection or shaking hands or living life normally out of fear of covid.

It doesnt matter to me either way with the hugs and handshakes and what not. I respect people if they would rather play it safe. I have never been against people's choice and have said in previous threads that we need to show compassion and try to accommodate every one.

Every one there had a choice. No one was forced to show up or hug or any thing like that. We had cancelled a few things early on because at that point there were a lot of unknowns. That is not the case any more.

It wasnt meant as cowering in fear. I know some people have used it that way. It was just meant as we are not going to stop showing affection or shaking hands or living life normally out of fear of covid.

It doesnt matter to me either way with the hugs and handshakes and what not. I respect people if they would rather play it safe. I have never been against people's choice and have said in previous threads that we need to show compassion and try to accommodate every one.

Every one there had a choice. No one was forced to show up or hug or any thing like that. We had cancelled a few things early on because at that point there were a lot of unknowns. That is not the case any more.
I appreciate the comments. I think respecting everyone's choices is the key, and a lot of us are probably closer on things than it sometimes appears. Personally, I wear a mask in public and don't mind it at all, but I don't make a spectacle. I was getting fast food the other day, and a woman in front of me asked the girl working the counter why she wasn't wearing her mask correctly. I looked, and the girl had it over her mouth and nose. I didn't understand the complaint. The girl didn't respond, so the woman asked to speak to the manager. I think people like that need to get a life.

I appreciate the comments. I think respecting everyone's choices is the key, and a lot of us are probably closer on things than it sometimes appears. Personally, I wear a mask in public and don't mind it at all, but I don't make a spectacle. I was getting fast food the other day, and a woman in front of me asked the girl working the counter why she wasn't wearing her mask correctly. I looked, and the girl had it over her mouth and nose. I didn't understand the complaint. The girl didn't respond, so the woman asked to speak to the manager. I think people like that need to get a life.
I agree and that's part of my problems with the mandates. It forces people to pick a side. It's like when parents say... yall have to work it out... we cant get in the middle of every thing. I think the same of the govt. There are times when they need to not pick a side. They need to let the people work it out.

Latest posts