Covid-19 deaths

Help Support CattleToday:

What we need is a mandate on helmets in bathrooms.
It's a well known fact bathrooms are the most dangerous rooms for head injuries.

But I am a reasonable man and draw the line at seatbelts on toilets.

I personally know 3 people that were on their deathbed before covid hit and were listed as covid.

1. Drank more than a 1/5 (actually 2) a day. In hospital 3 months hadn't eaten since, pulled out is support system and died in 36 hours. Death by covid.

2. Prostate cancer 4 yrs did everything imaginable, shriveled to a shell. Death listed as covid.

3. Kidney failure, diabetic, circulation problems (amputation of limb) been suffering for 8 years. Finally taken off life support, passes away 47 hours later. Death by covid.

No wonder Canada has a lower death rate by covid, they aren't paying the hospitals extra for covid deaths!!
This is also a very inconvenient truth. As is the fact this govt funding we are so stingy with has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is my and my children's wallets. The more you hand out the more they get in line to get it. Time to go back to work, oh wait most of us never stopped. For those that that think another bailout is the way to go I invite you to contribute a large portion of your net worth to that end. Put your money where your mouth is. As for me I have a job for those that are unemployed bet it will be several more years with no takers.

This is also a very inconvenient truth. As is the fact this govt funding we are so stingy with has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is my and my children's wallets. The more you hand out the more they get in line to get it. Time to go back to work, oh wait most of us never stopped. For those that that think another bailout is the way to go I invite you to contribute a large portion of your net worth to that end. Put your money where your mouth is. As for me I have a job for those that are unemployed bet it will be several more years with no takers.
Well, I have no net worth, but I'm happy to contribute more in the form of income tax, and my choice at the polls reflects that. I also make donations to a couple of local charities.

Funny how the people that think money's too tight to feed the hungry always seem to be able to justify a tax cut.

Bad part about Covid it been politicized from top to bottom right to left. I don't think anyone disputes the reality just the reactions.With the current political divisions in this country it doesn't take much to make a mountain out of a molehill.
That is my exact point. We could have had a much better response for every one, IMO, if our leaders would have united the people to help each other rather than attempting to mandate them in to submission. They still continue to ignore the facts and adjust the plan accordingly.

This is just like the school shooting and every thing else. They make it political and the people continue to suffer.

Also funny how the ones who say they are starving and need a bailout usually have a beer gut/ overweight. Those that need help will always get it, those that want a handout don't deserve it. Nothing but help wanted signs here still and 30% or better of what I make is doing my fair share in the tax dept.

No shock that someone with no net worth would think that the world owes everybody something.

Well, I have no net worth, but I'm happy to contribute more in the form of income tax, and my choice at the polls reflects that. I also make donations to a couple of local charities.

Funny how the people that think money's too tight to feed the hungry always seem to be able to justify a tax cut.

Couldn't agree more that there's a necessity in feeding the hungry, helping the needy, etc... It's just that the gov, in my opinion, has proven they can't do that efficiently. My preferred method would be choosing charitable orgs who have proven to be more responsible with cash.

Healthy 30 year-olds shouldn't be sheltering in place. They should be (responsibly) buckling their boot straps and heading off to work so that the older population doesn't have to.

Just an uninformed opinion...whatever that's worth.

Couldn't agree more that there's a necessity in feeding the hungry, helping the needy, etc... It's just that the gov, in my opinion, has proven they can't do that efficiently. My preferred method would be choosing charitable orgs who have proven to be more responsible with cash.

Healthy 30 year-olds shouldn't be sheltering in place. They should be (responsibly) buckling their boot straps and heading off to work so that the older population doesn't have to.

Just an uninformed opinion...whatever that's worth.
Well said!

We have strong data at this point on who is at risk and who is not. Put those of us who are not to work keeping the economy going.

This sounds like one of those urban legends that gets passed around with everyone saying "I knew a guy who...". People rarely die directly from cancer. It's the subsequent infections, organ failure, etc. that get them. The death certificate reflects that and will list multiple causes of death in those cases.

Even if the story weren't completely fictional, it's about a lady buying a crappy insurance policy and getting screwed by an insurance company, not a hospital.
Bingo. My husband has chronic lymphocytic leukemia and his oncologist was direct: he's going to die with it, not necessarily because of it. He's pretty much a hot mess (and can't catch a break!) If he gets Covid and doesn't survive, that will be the cause. Having said that, he generally wears a mask when he's in public and does take precautions but he's not diligent.

TCR knew from your previous posts that your husband was chronically ill but didn't realize the extent. My heart & prayers goes out to you :cry:
Thank you. He's had a rough go the past 4 years. Laminectomy was fairly successful. A-fib 85% of the time. Pacemaker was an epic fail; punctured his lung (pneumothorax) but prompted him to get a new Cardiologist. Double chamber ablation (heart surgery, 7 hrs) at the Cleveland Clinic - huge success. Broke his tibial tuberosity. The CLL diagnosis was the icing on the cake. See aforementioned Hot Mess!

Most school systems in Texas are still (and have been since March) been providing breakfast and lunch as curbside service to students and many offer either free breakfast or a govt cost (about $2) to parents that show up on their way to work.

"What about their choices"?
Divorce and suicide are choices. One is the ultimate bad choice (permanent solution to a temporary problem) but a choice none-the-less.
I 'could' repeat what was stated in the beginning of this thread, that those making that permanent choice were probably prone to doing so anyway but i won't.

There's a reason words like "countless' and 'thru-the roof' are used in these discussions. It's rhetoric intended to evoke a predetermined response with no realistic numbers or data attached to actually corroborate the stories, especially is context to the number of people that will or would have died due to failure to follow the recommended courses.

Go look in the mirror and you will see a hypocrite looking back at you.
I'm not the one assuming the people who need food are going to drive up to the school to pick it up on their way to work.

It's really sad that there is that much of a disconnect between reality and make believe in our society.

I guess when you think like the govt you support them and think they can fix things.

Last edited:

Latest posts