cover of people magazine this week

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Jaycee Dugard is on the cover of Poeple magazine, the girl who was gone for 18 years, kidnapped, you can view it at Poeple.com , for the ordeal she has been through she looks normal, and happy. She said that she was doing the cover, and interview because she is very happy to be reunited with her Mom and sister, and wants the world to know she is going to be OK. I think she is very courageous.

GMN

Sounds like a good move...just hope she's as happy as she looks and readjusting well. When does the kidnapper go to the guillotine.

Shame we can't get that magazine here would have liked to read the story. Hadn't heard of it before, 18 years is almost a life time to be held captive. Will the kidnapper go to the death penalty?

chrisy":e9b063ib said:
Shame we can't get that magazine here would have liked to read the story. Hadn't heard of it before, 18 years is almost a life time to be held captive. Will the kidnapper go to the death penalty?

I don't think CA has the death penalty anymore, but I am sure he will be in prison the rest of his life, doesn't quite seem like harsh enough punishment for these 2 sickos, lets just hope they plead guilty at least and save her from having to go thru a trial.

GMN

GMN":2s1rlc2i said:
chrisy":2s1rlc2i said:

I don't think CA has the death penalty anymore, but I am sure he will be in prison the rest of his life, doesn't quite seem like harsh enough punishment for these 2 sickos, lets just hope they plead guilty at least and save her from having to go thru a trial.

GMN
They have it but it ends up with appeals and BS to be life.

Don't forget she was 11 when kidnapped,so spent more time with him than she had with her parents..
So glad she was found.. I'm afraid it's gonna be tough on the two girls finding out "daddy" who they'd been taught set the sun and the moon and could talk to God with the aid of a black box is a drug abusing child preditor who kidnapped their mother and kept them all prisoner in sheds in the backyard. That was normal to them

1982vett":s8sbdfqr said:
chrisy":s8sbdfqr said:
Only for you Chrisy.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 90,00.html
Thanks for the link very much appreciated...I have read that but would like to read the rest of the story. Perhaps one day it will become a film or a book that I will be able to see. As I can't see in 18 years there wasn't at some point she could have gotten away.
I vaguely remember a film about a girl being kidnapped, and at some point the kidnapper let her go home, but she had to be back by a certain time, he had brainwashed her to thinking that was normal. and the family let her go. What was supposed to be based on a true story, back in the 1960's I think it was, the story not the film.

Yeah,he controled every aspect of her life,talked to God and she was 11..She was kept locked in a shed until the brainwash took effect..and any sign if independant thought found her back in the shed. And then,after a while,all this became "normal". I whderstand everybody has counslers helping to "deprogram" everybody..
I wish all of them health and happiness :heart:

Except the kidnappers :devil2: can't say what I wish them :mad:

chrisy":1844qoz7 said:
1982vett":1844qoz7 said:
chrisy":1844qoz7 said:
Only for you Chrisy.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 90,00.html
Thanks for the link very much appreciated...I have read that but would like to read the rest of the story. Perhaps one day it will become a film or a book that I will be able to see. As I can't see in 18 years there wasn't at some point she could have gotten away.
I vaguely remember a film about a girl being kidnapped, and at some point the kidnapper let her go home, but she had to be back by a certain time, he had brainwashed her to thinking that was normal. and the family let her go. What was supposed to be based on a true story, back in the 1960's I think it was, the story not the film.

The Girl in the Box, in the 70's hitchhiker picked up, put in various boxes, Colleen Stan, had her convinced she was his slave.

GMN

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 90,00.html[/quote]
I vaguely remember a film about a girl being kidnapped, and at some point the kidnapper let her go home, but she had to be back by a certain time, he had brainwashed her to thinking that was normal. and the family let her go. What was supposed to be based on a true story, back in the 1960's I think it was, the story not the film.[/quote]

The Girl in the Box, in the 70's hitchhiker picked up, put in various boxes, Colleen Stan, had her convinced she was his slave.
GMN[/quote]
thanks GMN that's the one.

The arcticle just talks about her being reunited with her Mom and other family. She stll has not met with her step father which is kind of different. She choose not to show her kids faces in the arcticle, and they are evidently getting therapy in a undisclosed place, where they ride horses, and talk. There are pics of her Mom and younger sister, her and her Mom look very much alike. Its a nice arcticle, all positive of her life now.

GMN

chrisy":2sjmgtch said:

California has a very different death penalty they lock you up in a cell and feed you TOFU 24/7/365 and make you watch nothing but MSNBC at the same time. My guess is that since he didn't kill any celebrities he will get probation.

Latest posts