Cousins/Relatives and Stuff

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Okay, there was some "talk" on another topic about Tom Wopat and cowman30. I have tried to copy it below. But anyway, what happens to the spouse of a relative relationship when there is a divorce?

3waycross":1khpu8to said:
CKC1586":1khpu8to said:
cowman30":1khpu8to said:
Tom wopat's ex wife used to teach with my wife. Tom has been to my house several times and we have been to his place in Nashville several times and had front row seats that he provided to ANNIE Get your Gun when he and bernadette peters were in that.
:lol: Small world, my cousin was married to Tom's cousin!

Since you and Tom are cousins does that mean you got invited to Cowman 30 parties also ;-)
:? Not sure that makes me a cousin :? But NO I haven't gotten any invites to Cowman30's parties! :frowns:

ckc1586-"But anyway, what happens to the spouse of a relative relationship when there is a divorce?"

Good question. I have one ex-sister in law whom I have had very little contact with after the divorce
I have an ex BIL that I have had no contact at all with. My wife has an ex-BIL that we have no contact with and she has a sister and BIL that are separated and we do have contact with the BIL. So from our experience 3/4 of the time we lose contact after the divorce. I hear of different things happening in other families but just not comfortable including ex's in our families I guess. I know it is hard for any children involved but ex's made that decision not our families. Maybe someone else can share their experiences.

Jalopy":38jo2qjn said:
ckc1586-"But anyway, what happens to the spouse of a relative relationship when there is a divorce?"

Good question. I have one ex-sister in law whom I have had very little contact with after the divorce
I have an ex BIL that I have had no contact at all with. My wife has an ex-BIL that we have no contact with and she has a sister and BIL that are separated and we do have contact with the BIL. So from our experience 3/4 of the time we lose contact after the divorce. I hear of different things happening in other families but just not comfortable including ex's in our families I guess. I know it is hard for any children involved but ex's made that decision not our families. Maybe someone else can share their experiences.

I honestly do not know. I guess my family has been lucky in that noone has gotten a divorce either on my wife's side or my side.

Th rule is that if you are related to someone through marriage .....If the marriage ends due to death or divorce you are no longer related..

My aunt died in '07 so therefore my her late husband is no longer to be referred to as my uncle, even though I have known him all my life and they we married for 40 years.. :?

I do not understand this rule and tend to ignore it. My uncle Jim will always be my uncle, even though the scumbag already had a girlfriend three months after my aunt died and are now living together... :roll:

I told my husband that if something ever happened to me he had better wait longer than that or will come back and haunt his sorry @ss.. :lol2:

My cousins on my mom's side still call my Dad "Uncle Nate" even though my parents are divorced. Even my youngest cousin, Gavyn, who was born after the divorce. My maternal grandparents and my Dad still have a good relationship as well, and he spends time with my uncles. Its nice to not have animosity in the family

I was once told that you divorce the man/woman (whichever) not the family.... so always figured my in laws were still my in laws. Sounds logical to me especially with kids being involved.

To me the point would be "were you friends, or just in-laws". If you were just "in-laws" I wouldn't expect many Christmas cards. If you were friends, it is irrelevant that you were also "in-laws".

It depends on the In-law we have some that are ex and they are still invited to family functions and others that wouldn't be welcome if they just came by for a visit

i have one ex sil that comes to christmas dinner and other functions and her daughter which is no relation to me calls me uncle

This brings up the age-old question: If a couple in West Virginia gets deevorced, are they still brother and sister?

My mother's evil a$$ed sister got divorced, did a lot of nasty & spiteful things to her ex I still class him as my uncle, talked to the "hound from hell" in almost 4yrs. My family & I have spent every christmas day with ex have done for the last 18 years & will continue to do so.

cfpinz":34vz8ua9 said:
This brings up the age-old question: If a couple in West Virginia gets deevorced, are they s
still brother and sister?

Weallrelatedintheend..dneehtnidetalerllaeW

Latest posts