Court Days

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Are any of you KY folks going to Court Days in Mt Sterling, KY this weekend. I'm headed there tomorrow. If anyone is not familiar with it they close the streets and trade anything and everything except animals.

kenny thomas":39aoaf6t said:
Are any of you KY folks going to Court Days in Mt Sterling, KY this weekend. I'm headed there tomorrow. If anyone is not familiar with it they close the streets and trade anything and everything except animals.

I'm less than 20 miles from it and have never been there for that. I have been to a version of it in Preston, KY just up the road in Bath County. They have animals there of all kinds, horses, goats, dogs, chickens, even seen people carrying pigs.

Ky hills":9xdbvvl3 said:
kenny thomas":9xdbvvl3 said:

I'm less than 20 miles from it and have never been there for that. I have been to a version of it in Preston, KY just up the road in Bath County. They have animals there of all kinds, horses, goats, dogs, chickens, even seen people carrying pigs.
Actually going,to Preston today. Court days,starts tomorrow.

It starts the 16th. With the prices they charge for the small space are there any deals, dang? (Pricing for a 10' x 18' spot is $150! For a 10' x 20' space-- $250. That is $1250 for a 1000 feet) Sounds like somebody is doing well and it is not the venders. Hope you find some good deals.

http://cityofmountsterling.com/Views/pu ... page_id=41

Initiated in the 18th Century, Court Day quickly became the annual trading day for much of Eastern Kentucky and still is today. Mount Sterling delights in this over 210+ year tradition when approx. 100,000 people from all parts of the country gather for the four-day event. Always starting on the Friday before the third Monday in October, Court Day specializes in many different arts and crafts, food and music. We invite you to come be a part of our Court Day Festival.

Got something special you'd like to sell? We would love to have your unique crafts, antiques, or one of a kind specialty items become the most desirable thing at court day! We still have vendor spaces available!

Also special pricing on Locust St. frontage and corner spaces available. (See below map for space locations)

For more info or questions please contact Steven Tuttle at City Hall 859-498-8725. Or email any questions to [email protected]. Make Payment to City Of Mt Sterling: 33 North Maysville St, Mount Sterling Ky 40353.

For Hotel info visit http://www.mtsterlingtourism.com/hotels.html

Camper / RV spaces available Call Steven Tuttle @ City Hall 859-498-8725

Pricing:
$150.00 for a 10'x18' spot
$250.00 for corner space or a 20'x10' spot

This Year's Court Day will begin on Friday October 16th -October 19th.

"
It starts the 16th. With the prices they charge for the small space are there any deals, dang? (Pricing for a 10' x 18' spot is $150! For a 10' x 20' space-- $250. That is $1250 for a 1000 feet) Sounds like somebody is doing well and it is not the venders. Hope you find some good deals.

http://cityofmountsterling.com/Views/pu ... page_id=41

Initiated in the 18th Century, Court Day quickly became the annual trading day for much of Eastern Kentucky and still is today. Mount Sterling delights in this over 210+ year tradition when approx. 100,000 people from all parts of the country gather for the four-day event. Always starting on the Friday before the third Monday in October, Court Day specializes in many different arts and crafts, food and music. We invite you to come be a part of our Court Day Festival."

This year the third Monday in October is the 16th, making the Friday before the 13th.

kenny thomas":3dbk3x66 said:
Ky hills":3dbk3x66 said:
kenny thomas":3dbk3x66 said:

It's kind of funny for me, I go to Mt. Sterling fairly often, but I have always stayed away from there during Court Days. I have been on I-64 and seen traffic backed up on the exit ramp plum out on the interstate. The times that I have been to Preston, it seems like that one is growing every year. I hope that the weather stays good for your trip.

kenny thomas":2vrv28iw said:
Ky hills":2vrv28iw said:
kenny thomas":2vrv28iw said:

Is one of those "Bring the women" type of deals? Where you try to marry them off to guys from out of town? You know, to get new blood into the village?

Ky hills":1gqydkk0 said:
kenny thomas":1gqydkk0 said:

did they go from making sausage,to carting them like lap dogs..best way to identify them is the footwear,,if their flying around in sandals.. They'll do to watch..

Bought 36 guns in 2 days. Mt Sterling started today and we went to Preston yesterday. 1 day to go for me.
Wooly worm festival somewhere near here this weekend also. Hahaha

kenny thomas":1ynxrme5 said:
Bought 36 guns in 2 days. Mt Sterling started today and we went to Preston yesterday. 1 day to go for me.
Wooly worm festival somewhere near here this weekend also. Hahaha

Wooly Worm is in Beattyville, up highway 11.

Latest posts