sonhires.jpg

Horses are moved safe and sound

bull2-24-2009-1-1.jpg

Picked him up in February

Bull3-19-2009-1.jpg

Fed him Groceries for less than 30 days

4-25-0920567.jpg

Working hard in May

Beautiful Place !!! Out west has a beauty all it's own, but the east side, is just as nice !!My wife and I, are in the process of building our house. We are ready for the challenge and looking forward to the move !! :D :D

Jogeephus":6m7ow87w said:
Nice looking place. Impressive job of fencing too. :tiphat:

Thanks on the fencing is has been a challange to get it done. We are doing it ourselves with field fence and high tensile on top with electric. I have also started on some cow pens they are not done yet but here is the start the materials came from my Dad's old dock that was destroyed in a huricane a few years ago. There will be return and sorting pens in addition to a metal roof over the working shoot.

DSCI0036-1.jpg

DSCI0035-1.jpg

DSCI0033.jpg

DSCI0004-1.jpg

DSCI0001-2.jpg

Beautiful place! And you're doing a wonderful job on the fencing / pens as well. They are always nice until some goofy Brangus cow decides to go through it! :)

Do you generally get a lot of rain in that part of the country?

TheBullLady":2fxpisid said:
Beautiful place! And you're doing a wonderful job on the fencing / pens as well. They are always nice until some goofy Brangus cow decides to go through it! :)

Do you generally get a lot of rain in that part of the country?

Thanks, The rain here is in the Summer for the most part the season started about a week ago and it has rained some every day which is not the norm. We usually get afternoon thunderstorms 2 or 3 times a week and in the good growing season about 6 inches of growth in the pastures every 10 days. We are in north central florida near the Gulf of Mexico and it is much different here than most of the state. As far as the cows I am working hard to select dosile animals and try to avoid as much fence repairs as possible. We work them very slowly and we get a bucket and let them follow into the pens rather than chase them down.
I use an old jeep to feed and they will follow it right up to the shoot although it is more fun to play with the horses and let them do their thing ocasionally.

Very beautiful place you have. I love that last picture you posted with your house in the back, and the horses. :D

Latest posts