Couple of Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
00310.JPG

This is a 10 month old bull that my granddaughter will be selling at our National Sale in October

0105.JPG

This is a 3 month old calf out of a first calf heifer

Red Bull Breeder":31o0njp0 said:
Nice Calves. When you going to Ft.Smith?

We will be there Oct 1st, 2nd & 3rd. The show is on Friday morning the 2nd. We are taking 7 head.

Baldie Maker":1ydiw05f said:
He is a nice bull. What kind of money will a bull of his quality bring?

$1,500 - $2,000 is what we have been getting for our yearling bulls

snickers":1yfoi0se said:
what is the weight on the 10 month bull? and I'm guessing he has been on grain right?

He is right at 800 lbs.

He is on a modified intake grower ration and grass. It allows him to eat about 2-3 % of his body weight and it is modified with salt and no fat. It strictly helps them grow unlike being on a full feed ration that would make him fat. As you can see he is not over conditioned like a lot of bulls.

He should be around 1,000 lbs by the time he is a year old. As you can see he is not over conditioned like a lot of bulls.

yeah he looks pretty nice, but if he is 800# at 8 months will he gain 200# by the time he is 12? I need some of that ration for my 8 month old bull. lol

snickers":26mbqvcr said:
yeah he looks pretty nice, but if he is 800# at 8 months will he gain 200# by the time he is 12? I need some of that ration for my 8 month old bull. lol

He is 800 lbs at 10 months....he has been averaging 4-5 lbs a day gain so he should be able to gain 200 lbs in two months.

by my math 800-70lbs for birth weight is 730lbs divide that by ten mouths is 73lbs per month 73/30= 2.4lbs per day.

ion":bnbe9jrx said:
by my math 800-70lbs for birth weight is 730lbs divide that by ten mouths is 73lbs per month 73/30= 2.4lbs per day.

You are figuring his WPDA, weight per day of age and not his ADG, average daily gain, which Jovid was talking about.

Santas and Duhram Reds":24ik6dbt said:
are you going to have any females in sedalia?

We will be selling one bred heifer. A January 08 that will calve in late February bred to our main herd sire and one open heifer born January 09.

I know of several other bred and open heifers that are entered plus a few cows.

Latest posts