Couple of bulls in the snow.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
My mom took these pics of the 2 bulls loafing in the bull pen back when it was snowing last week.
The red one is my 15 month old 3/4 sim, just waiting till spring when he will go in with 6 yearling heifers.
8345786581_601f7298c0_c.jpg

and his brother, same mother, which just got back from being rented out on about 20 cows.
8345793365_6313898c7a_c.jpg

I like to have a collection of bulls around, and wish I had more to rent out, but you got to have cows to have calves...at least I think so? :lol2:

both of em seem to be saying " hurry up with the picture already, and get us some feed!!"

Does it worry you if you rent bulls out, and then breed your own cows? Aren't you afraid of what you may bring into your herd? I would want to be careful who I rented to. JMO gs

plumber_greg":rog2q7iq said:
Does it worry you if you rent bulls out, and then breed your own cows? Aren't you afraid of what you may bring into your herd? I would want to be careful who I rented to. JMO gs
No, he's done breeding on this farm and just renting him out till he gets to old (and goes to the sale barn) or someone wants to buy him. It's a good way to get more money out of them when we start having to many heifers out of them. Use to sell them to a bull man that rented out, but he retired from that, so now we just rent them out or sell the ones were done with.

Back on July 28 he got weighed and was at 1010 lbs. Would guess getting nearer to 1400 everyday, but I wouldn't quote that. :D

Thanks, Sim-angus I was wonering cause I've got Balancer bull I raised that was 17 months on Dec. 21. Just seeing how they compare weight wise.I would say mine weighs somewhere in that neihborhood as well. I like your bulls is that other bull Char/Angus.

Black and Good":1jkc8cz3 said:
Thanks, Sim-angus I was wonering cause I've got Balancer bull I raised that was 17 months on Dec. 21. Just seeing how they compare weight wise.I would say mine weighs somewhere in that neihborhood as well. I like your bulls is that other bull Char/Angus.
No prob, if you can i'd like to see some pics of your bull. The white bull is 1/2 ang, 1/4 sim and char.

gizmom":uhv0cebi said:
Nice looking bulls but dang that looks cold!

Gizmom

When it gets really cold, they'll be all frosty.

They are certainly happier than they will be in the summer. Hard for cattle in the summer to get rid of the heat their rumen produces.

Not to mention the flies.....

Latest posts