Couple Minnesota deer

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Boss Lady with a Ho Hum places a shot right into the boiler room at 250 yards, drops in it's tracks, and asks whats the big deal?
P1010010-4.jpg

I got mine with a single shot to, but was shaking like a leaf. :oops: :oops:

P1010018-2.jpg

Nice looking deer. That's about the size I'm holding out for. Saw thirteen today. 3 bucks and 10 does. I'm gonna give it another week or so then the rules are going to change. My patience has a limit. ;-) :lol:

Horticattleman":1z0wnrfm said:
Do they all all "line back" like that. I know you said you never seen one like that but what are the spots? Kinda cool looking. Maybe its a trekkie.

What's a trekkie?

No, as far as the line back, never seen it before?? The spots, really weird. :roll:

Nice job you two! The husband got himself a real nice buck too. :roll: Now I'm looking for a rabbit to mount the rack on :lol: It's okay with me though I would rather cook that one than an old guy thats been eating brush for a few extra years. The husband of course is not to pleased(and he doesn't think I'm that funny).

I'm packing for a pheasant trip, hope the wind dies down! I'll give you a wave when we pass through PR ;-)

MistyMorning":3hatl534 said:
Nice job you two! The husband got himself a real nice buck too. :roll: Now I'm looking for a rabbit to mount the rack on :lol: It's okay with me though I would rather cook that one than an old guy thats been eating brush for a few extra years. The husband of course is not to pleased(and he doesn't think I'm that funny).

I'm packing for a pheasant trip, hope the wind dies down! I'll give you a wave when we pass through PR ;-)

Great! and good hunting 8) But don't forget the cold weather gear :oops: :oops: Feels to much like Winter today. :shock:
I don't even want to leave my nice wood fire. :help:

mnm He is a very unique deer i killed one back in 01 like him but without the dot's that was the last on of them i have killed.Did you shoot him in or close to a thicket?I had on oldtimer ask if i shoot mine in a laruel and ivy thicket he was right on about the type of wood's i was hunting in he also said buck's like your's got in the thick stuff and just dident come out in the sunlight so they were a darker color especially their back tus the turm black back.I'll check and see if i have any pic's.

rattler

rattler":mk9euohm said:
mnm He is a very unique deer i killed one back in 01 like him but without the dot's that was the last on of them i have killed.Did you shoot him in or close to a thicket?I had on oldtimer ask if i shoot mine in a laruel and ivy thicket he was right on about the type of wood's i was hunting in he also said buck's like your's got in the thick stuff and just dident come out in the sunlight so they were a darker color especially their back tus the turm black back.I'll check and see if i have any pic's.

rattler

Rattler, Yup thicket is right. You have to visit N MN sometime, We do have the thick stuff.

Cow_Town":1dldwotp said:
Yall should really let them young bucks get some age on them.

Cow_Town, You must be a deer hunter :D Your right on. This buck is with only his second set of antlers :( We have the genetics up here for trophy class bucks at 4 years of age. But :( :( little chance of them getting that old. :cry: :cry:

That being said :) Lets see some pics :D of some grown up bucks.

Got a paltry 13 point on the 8th that grossed 125 5/8 B&C and should have the pic up shortly.

Actually, he was only 3 1/2 years old but all I seen was horns and didnt think a thing about age. Kinda the pot calling the kettle black for me to say that. ;-)

Latest posts