Country music worst.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":yo99b2qf said:
Calman":yo99b2qf said:
Since I like the old country I could make a big list here.
Now this will probably get a lot of frowns but I really prefer Blue Grass anyhow.

Cal

I love Blue Grass. There is a big festival every spring not far from here. At least there used to be...

Bluegrass is a participatory thing. Every festival has more music in the parking lot than on stage. It is an interesting phenomenon. They used to have the Bluegrass award show in Louisville. News reports indicated the hotel was like a parking lot. Room to room, pickers everywhere. I don't pick, so it is a little lost on me.
As far as the music, I love it. I wish the lyrics weren't all about someone dying in a coal mine.

Rascal Flatts...although the lyrics aren't too bad, they remind me of the Backstreet Boys.
Sugarland...maybe that's just jealousy(I guess you could call it) :lol: Coz they beat out my absolute favourite duo/band(Brooks & Dunn) for Duo Of The Year last year. Although I will admit, that they're better since the other chick left...
Tim McGraw...just don't like him.
Miley Cyrus...if you can call her country, the duet she did with Billy Ray was just..bad.
Kasey Chambers...Aussie female country singer, her voice is just horrible.
Actually most Aussie acts aren't that good, with the exception of a few.

Wisteria Farms":bebax102 said:
ps... was going today to pick up 4H pigs and heard International Harvester....thought of all you guys that said you liked it
"hoggin up the road with my p...p...p...p...plower"
gave me a chuckle thinkin of you guys singin to that song.

Now, I've never drove a combine, but I have plowed up things with just about every other farm thing I've ever used. I imagine a combine wouldn't be to hard to ruin a crop with.........

and to answer the question..... any thing by Conway Twitty.. especially "Lay You Down" (gag....) :help:

I tend to agree with the Reba thing. She jumped the shark when she went into TV. I have yet to see a single episode of the show.

grannysoo":7telb2ih said:
Kid Rock
Cowboy Troy
Dixie Chicks

Why any of these ever got contracts is beyond my understanding......

Why they got contracts:
Kid--because there is an expanding market for trailer trash music. (No offense meant to those who live in homes which are mobile--I started in one myself)
Cowboy Troy: No explanation is possible, other than Big and Rich added him to their entourage. Did they really think there was a market for Cowboy Rap? I think it adds to the freak show.
Dixie Chicks--Now, I like the music. They were clever and pretty good musically. The video for "Earl Had to Die" is classic. I would give them a contract, if I owned a studio. I wish they had said what they had to say, about politics, in Texas, instead of London. The Chicks have become pretty lame since then.

flaboy":io2mf7aj said:
I tend to agree with the Reba thing. She jumped the shark when she went into TV. I have yet to see a single episode of the show.

Jumped the shark... Good one flaboy! Get the pop culture references on you!!! 8)

Reba lost the hair and it made her look more duck-like. She kinds walks like a duck, too. Let's put it this way... On the show, her ex husband left her for a fat chick next door, and looking at Reba, I can see why.

Lammie":18f02d8a said:
flaboy":18f02d8a said:

Jumped the shark... Good one flaboy! Get the pop culture references on you!!! 8)

Reba lost the hair and it made her look more duck-like. She kinds walks like a duck, too. Let's put it this way... On the show, her ex husband left her for a fat chick next door, and looking at Reba, I can see why.

Mmmeeeeeeooooowwww!

Beefy":ckv5ckfr said:
Reba was great in that Tremors movie too.

Lammie":ckv5ckfr said:
I just wish it would have swallowed her.

Now that's funny. :lol:

Never been a big Reba fan, but I don't hate her either. Lot's of country songs and artists around that I don't care for, but the first one that comes to mind is Big and Rich. I'll walk a mile to turn off the radio when they come on.

Don't know why so many people are so down on Garth. Never been a huge fan, but he's put out some pretty good music over the years. I really like "Friends in Low Places" and "Mama's in the Graveyard, Papa's in the Pen", although I'm not sure if that's the name of the song. Good country songs.

Lammie,
You've been kickin some cowboy butt while I was gone!haha. You go girl.
I don't think I've seen anything mentioned about KELLY PICKLER!!!! There's a chick that CANT sing!!

Yes, its probably jealousy....she's a cute little tartlet...just let her have three kids and see what happens!! But jealous of Reba? NEVER!!!