Could you please put down your location?

Help Support CattleToday:

novaman

Reaction score
There seems to be quite a few people on this forum who don't have a location on their account. It is kind of annoying when you have no idea where these people are from when trying to answer questions and such. If you are flat out uncomfortable with posting your location fine but it would be appreciated if more would put it out there. Thanks.

novaman":o75j87d3 said:
There seems to be quite a few people on this forum who don't have a location on their account. It is kind of annoying when you have no idea where these people are from when trying to answer questions and such. If you are flat out uncomfortable with posting your location fine but it would be appreciated if more would put it out there. Thanks.

Where is your closest city? Throw in address if you don't mind. Thanks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

it is hard to answer a question with knowing what enviroment that they are from.....

I'll second the motion! At least give the State you're in (or the Country if not the USA). Don't think anyone should worry about a "stalker" coming to visit you unexpected...lol. After all, probably 99.9% of posters are too dang busy to do something like that... ;-)

P.S.: Hope no one of the mystery poster locations people are ashamed of where they live...lol.

It might make a difference. Mabye not. We still have folks from up north telling folks down here to feed calves high protein in the middle of the summer. Heck, just shoot 'em and save time and money. Idaho had that heat wave this summer that killed all those cows. Wonder why?

There is always the generic, "add lime" statement. Where do they think lime comes from?

Location and climate make all the difference in the world.

Protein is necessary for growth, reproduction and maintenance in monogastrics and ruminants especially when grazing or hay supplies are low quality. Mature animals require less protein on the basis of percentage of the feed offered than young ones. Excess protein is utilised as an energy source even tho the amount is small and the excess is excreted. Feeding excess protein probably just does more harm to the pocketbook than to the cattle.

TexasBred":34gzn45t said:
Protein is necessary for growth, reproduction and maintenance in monogastrics and ruminants especially when grazing or hay supplies are low quality. Mature animals require less protein on the basis of percentage of the feed offered than young ones. Excess protein is utilised as an energy source even tho the amount is small and the excess is excreted. Feeding excess protein probably just does more harm to the pocketbook than to the cattle.

Not to be a smart arse just not sure where your going with this but what does this have to do with putting your location?

Sorry S&W...I guess I should have cut and pasted or quoted. Anyway, here was the comment I was responding to. It's about 3 posts above mine.

We still have folks from up north telling folks down here to feed calves high protein in the middle of the summer. Heck, just shoot 'em and save time and money

Hope that helps you make the connection. ;-)

TB I don't disagree with you very often. Respectfully, based on my experience and HO, I differ on this one.

novaman":iiarqayv said:
It is kind of annoying when you have no idea where these people are from when trying to answer questions and such.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Especially when the questions or the replies contain the phrases "around here" or "where we live".

Suggestions or advice for some parts of the country (or world) may not be appropriate for other parts.

Katherine <----------- in ctrl. Va. <----------- as noted in my avatar ;-) .

backhoeboogie":3br740ql said:
TB I don't disagree with you very often. Respectfully, based on my experience and HO, I differ on this one.

That's ok Boogie, we can disagree and still be friends....Next spring check pull a sample of the grass in your pasture after it's been fertilized and growing good and see what the crude protein is on a 90% dry matter basis and then tell me how you plan to control intake). Check the same field in August. Now check your rye grass or oats in about a month.All will run in excess of 25% crude protein.... No harm done other than the excess protein went to fertilize the land.

There Novaman, I added it, are you happy? If I have any traveling snakeoil salesmen show up, I'm sending them your way..... I've been meaning to do that for awile, just never got to it. Off the subject, is there a way to spell check on here?

snichols264":2igmwkaw said:
If I have any traveling snakeoil salesmen show up, I'm sending them your way.....

You bring up a good point there. We didn't realize you were just across the state line from Crowder :D (I'm gonna pay for this one I am sure)

backhoeboogie":3ni04htq said:
snichols264":3ni04htq said:
If I have any traveling snakeoil salesmen show up, I'm sending them your way.....

You bring up a good point there. We didn't realize you were just across the state line from Crowder :D (I'm gonna pay for this one I am sure)

:lol2: :lol2: Watch your back :lol2:

snichols264":31k0hhs7 said:
.... Off the subject, is there a way to spell check on here?

What I do takes a couple of extra key strokes, but I copy and paste to my e-mail if I want to spell check, then click copy paste back to the cattle forum.

ToddFarmsInc":3jueqo1s said:
snichols264":3jueqo1s said:
.... Off the subject, is there a way to spell check on here?

What I do takes a couple of extra key strokes, but I copy and paste to my e-mail if I want to spell check, then click copy paste back to the cattle forum.
I use Google tool bar.

I have always posted my location, the confusion this might cause when someone reading a post I submitted when I was in Raeford NC. and seeing I am resident in Hampshire England might cause some humourous misunderstandings.

Latest posts