Could this possibly be True?

Help Support CattleToday:

It seems many have lost their sense of responsibility and replaced it with a sense of entitlement. Its sad.

where i rent properties a 3 bedroom they pay 1650/month on for the poor. 4 bed is 1950.

If they would require a drug test when they apply for it and periodically once they are on it that would weed a whole bunch of them out, but that will never happen. Not a time goes by when we go to the store that we don't get in line near someone using food stamps. They can get get in and out of the store a lot quicker than we can since they don't have to worry bout the price of anything. They can't pay for their food, but have plenty of cash for their beer and cigarettes somehow. Our health insurance is the same way. It keeps going up every year to make up for the people that abuse the system and dont pay anything on their weekly visits to the doctor/hospital. I understand there are people that genuinely need help sometimes , and I am glad to help them, but it seems like people that really need it have a hard time getting help cause of all the abusers in line in front of them. People get on the system and have no incentive to get off of it.

Just saw on the news this morning, a woman in KC received a Habitat For Humanity built house. All furnished. She obviously had not missed any meals, had a gold neckless, fancy painted nails, 3 youngins, tattoos. Obviously had extra money to spend on things not necessary.

The folks there showing her the new home felt so bad for her and were elated to help out. I had to turn the TV off.

When you take from the haves and give to the have nots, it's not long before the haves decide enough is enough. We're about 1 generation away from being a third world country, because there will be on more workers.

D2Cat":2zl8vu7x said:
Just saw on the news this morning, a woman in KC received a Habitat For Humanity built house. All furnished. She obviously had not missed any meals, had a gold neckless, fancy painted nails, 3 youngins, tattoos. Obviously had extra money to spend on things not necessary.

The folks there showing her the new home felt so bad for her and were elated to help out. I had to turn the TV off.

When you take from the haves and give to the have nots, it's not long before the haves decide enough is enough. We're about 1 generation away from being a third world country, because there will be on more workers.
What they should have done is found a young couple. Working themselves to death to pay their bills and provide a future for their 1 or 2 kids . Put that money in a fund for the kids college.

fenceman":1ot9ft0y said:
D2Cat":1ot9ft0y said:

What they should have done is found a young couple. Working themselves to death to pay their bills and provide a future for their 1 or 2 kids . Put that money in a fund for the kids college.

:tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The working class has lost the fight, and it doesn't matter if you're a liberal or conservative. The working class splits their votes. And the deadbeats, freeloaders and illegals vote for who ever is going to give them something. They don't care about this country, just what they can get.

I can remember a conversation I walked up on when I was in around sixth grade. I was going to tell a kid that was really trying hard to be my friend something and he was talking to about five other boys, all my age, and they were having a rather in depth discussion about how to set themselves up on a path to live without working and even at that age they had the numbers all worked out right down to what it was worth to have a kid.
That conversation sure opened my eyes to just how generational that line of thinking is and also how much people that live that way have to offer... If they're smart enough to work the system that hard then they're smart enough to have something to offer society. I didn't have my business planned out like that at that age but they sure did.
I have a cousin that has it figured out pretty well as well. She wants to work and be productive but she's really careful about making to much money because that would wind up being less money to her by loss of benefits. I really do feel sorry for her as she'd really like to be off of all assistance but can't quite get there and one of the biggest reasons is that assistance is built into the cost of living.

I really do feel sorry for her as she'd really like to be off of all assistance but can't quite get there and one of the biggest reasons is that assistance is built into the cost of living.[/quote]
:bs: if she wanted off she would be off. Live with less or work harder.

fenceman":1v16r2nw said:
I really do feel sorry for her as she'd really like to be off of all assistance but can't quite get there and one of the biggest reasons is that assistance is built into the cost of living.
:bs: if she wanted off she would be off. Live with less or work harder.[/quote]
She's a very rare case of someone getting off of a big time addiction to meth. Her husband couldn't get cleaned up so she ratted on him and got him locked up so that she could give their three kids a drug free home. She works an average of forty hours a week but has to do it around the schedule of raising three kids, one of whom is autistic and recovering from a very nearly fatal brain tumor. She works plenty hard and the easy choice for her would be to go all out on assistance but she won't do it. I hate welfare in it's current state but there's not a bone in my body that's not pulling for her and she won't let me help directly.

Ok I'm a little harsh on this subject. Most people couldn't image the way me and my wife have worked. Or the things we've lived without to get were we are. Neither of us has ever drawn on dime of welfare, food stamps, workman comp, or unemployment. So maybe that was a little harsh. My oldest son works like he'll to provide for his family, and does a good job of it. I'm very proud of the man he's become. My youngest son is in prison for meth offenses, I make no excuses for him. He's been told when he gets out . If he looks and acts like a man , there will be a job here for him. If he comes out covered in tats, and talking like a thug. To he'll with him.it hurts very much, but it's how it has to be.The handicapped child is an exception and I apologize. I wish your cousin luck.

highgrit":1ydyxzqf said:
The working class has lost the fight, and it doesn't matter if you're a liberal or conservative. The working class splits their votes. And the deadbeats, freeloaders and illegals vote for who ever is going to give them something. They don't care about this country, just what they can get.

Honest truth right there.

fenceman":3waabf8l said:
Ok I'm a little harsh on this subject. Most people couldn't image the way me and my wife have worked. Or the things we've lived without to get were we are. Neither of us has ever drawn on dime of welfare, food stamps, workman comp, or unemployment. So maybe that was a little harsh. My oldest son works like he'll to provide for his family, and does a good job of it. I'm very proud of the man he's become. My youngest son is in prison for meth offenses, I make no excuses for him. He's been told when he gets out . If he looks and acts like a man , there will be a job here for him. If he comes out covered in tats, and talking like a thug. To he'll with him.it hurts very much, but it's how it has to be.The handicapped child is an exception and I apologize. I wish your cousin luck.

What you are talking about is sacrifice, not having things if it's not within your means and finally the ability to be content and appreciate the things you do have. These things are becoming so foreign to our culture that you seem crazy if you actually practice them...it's happened one generation at a time, most parents try to give their kids more, and so on down the line it goes, and each generation gets softer, greedier and less appreciative of what is provided. As parents the intentions are pure, but I often wonder about the outcomes. A simple example for me: as a boy growing up my pa provided me with a pair of hand held squeeze clippers for trimming around the house, garage, trees etc..would take hours to do by hand, countless blisters and it better a$$ be done right...my sons have gas powered trimmers provided by yours truly, and they squawk that it's too hard or takes too long...until I pulled out the old hand helds.

around here they build the poor people energy efficient houses. they'll buy 1 acre lots or buy a lot and divide it. then build a small 3 bedroom 2 bath home running on geothermal heat and put solar panels on the roofs.

Times have really changed remember my grandpa telling me how the men of the community horse whipped
a white man that was too lazy to work and support his wife and kids. That could be incentive to go to work as well.
Our schools need to shut down and start over as they are nothing more than the indoctrination center for the Gestapo
government we have toady. Secondly we need to put every Congressman on trail for treason.
From Washington DC down no one gives a Hoot in HeII about what is good for the country.
Only what is good for the special interest group lining their pocket.

fenceman":5d2j4k8d said:
No need to apologize to me. I see things like you do. I don't take assistance in any form even if it's built into the system. She wouldn't either if she hadn't screwed her life up so bad but she did and now we're stuck with the consequences. If it weren't for the three kids(one of whom lived with me for a few years) I'd let her rot in her own shyt but she's really seen what she did and is pretty selfless about fixing it including making financial descisions that are best for the kids even if it's not what she wants.
I would prefer that all government assistance go away all together. That way real need gets met on a face to face basis. I won't turn down real need in people that are trying to better themselves but I'll stomp on a leech every time I get the chance. I'd sure like some say in who my taxes help. That's the only way we'll ever get away from people abusing welfare. I also feel that people that are inclined to help others are stifled by the current system... Why help people that are in real need when Big Brother is right there?

cow pollinater":2hgmq95e said:
fenceman":2hgmq95e said:
No need to apologize to me. I see things like you do. I don't take assistance in any form even if it's built into the system. She wouldn't either if she hadn't screwed her life up so bad but she did and now we're stuck with the consequences. If it weren't for the three kids(one of whom lived with me for a few years) I'd let her rot in her own shyt but she's really seen what she did and is pretty selfless about fixing it including making financial descisions that are best for the kids even if it's not what she wants.
I would prefer that all government assistance go away all together. That way real need gets met on a face to face basis. I won't turn down real need in people that are trying to better themselves but I'll stomp on a leech every time I get the chance. I'd sure like some say in who my taxes help. That's the only way we'll ever get away from people abusing welfare. I also feel that people that are inclined to help others are stifled by the current system... Why help people that are in real need when Big Brother is right there?

This is a hard topic for me. I did the single parenting thing for a long time, with help from dad when it was convenient for him. I never went on welfare, never had food stamps -- did qualify for some housing assistance for a couple years. But I was working. Now, I work in enforcing/modifying child support orders when changes in circumstances or income occur; and with establishing paternity for women who have birthed in my state and are receiving assistance here, but dad is somewhere else. It's not pretty and it's not a fun job. Have been working with a young dad from out of state for a couple months that I really felt bad for -- he needs to support a child here, has a baby in his new marriage, and lots of debt. He'd been paying $50/month for child support for years, which is half of what he pays for his cable television bill! We are close to hearing date on that, and then he tells me he was just DNA tested positive for another kid. You can't fix stupid. Same guy: "Well, what will she have to pay for support?" "Excuse me, what was your question?" "What will she pay?" "Yeah, what will she pay?" "Well, she's been paying for the rent, the groceries, the clothes . . . and you've been paying half of your cable bill She's already paying!" The system is broken. No more food coupons -- they get a debit card that can be used almost anywhere, when it should be used for groceries. I have mom's that come in, to establish paternity, that are on assistance and this might be their 2nd or 3rd child, all different dads, that we've gone through the same steps with. To stay on TANF, they need to cooperate to establish paternity and a dad that might be able to pay support, unless there are issues of domestic violence. I've had moms come in that want to protect the dads from having any financial responsibility -- they love their men and don't want to cause problems for them, but might finally cough up some information (sometimes false) if they would be deemed non-cooperative. Some not sure which of a couple or more might be the possibles. Nothing requires recipients to work -- not even do volunteer stuff that might build up their resume. Retirement cannot come too soon for me.

Latest posts