Coughing calf

Help Support CattleToday:

DaveM

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on a couple issues. My first calf heifer had a healthy heifer calf August 20th. My vet said she didn't recomend any vaccinations for 3-6 months. Is this a normal timeframe to begin vaccinations?

I give my cows a scoop of grain each night to keep them coming to the barn. The calf came in with momma tonight and I noticed she was coughing a bit. She seemed to have normal spunk and no other symptoms that I could see. There is one steer in the herd that has been coughing the last few days, but very sporadically and he doesn't have any other symptoms either. Anything to be concerned with? When do you all get concerned with calves coughing? Thanks

DaveM":wcf8l0dn said:
I'm looking for advice on a couple issues. My first calf heifer had a healthy heifer calf August 20th. My vet said she didn't recomend any vaccinations for 3-6 months. Is this a normal timeframe to begin vaccinations?

I give my cows a scoop of grain each night to keep them coming to the barn. The calf came in with momma tonight and I noticed she was coughing a bit. She seemed to have normal spunk and no other symptoms that I could see. There is one steer in the herd that has been coughing the last few days, but very sporadically and he doesn't have any other symptoms either. Anything to be concerned with? When do you all get concerned with calves coughing? Thanks
I will bring back a topic I post recently about summer pneumonia. I had a 31 day old calf with it last week.

Latest posts