Cougar

Help Support CattleToday:

you can't shoot one here... but the fish and game guys will tell you there aren't any so I dont' know why it's illegal to shoot something that isn't there.... shouldn't matter if you do or not....

Jake":37hsck2e said:
you can't shoot one here... but the fish and game guys will tell you there aren't any so I dont' know why it's illegal to shoot something that isn't there.... shouldn't matter if you do or not....

Jake wrote
Both my cousin and my aunt have seen a black mountain lion within a few miles from their house. It crossed the road in front of my aunt and the cousin saw it while on the bus one day.... cant tell them they don't exist...

Well somebody is lying.

Caustic Burno":d82lerz1 said:
Jake":d82lerz1 said:

Both my cousin and my aunt have seen a black mountain lion within a few miles from their house. It crossed the road in front of my aunt and the cousin saw it while on the bus one day.... cant tell them they don't exist...

Well somebody is lying.

I'll believe the family before the officials.... I've seen Mt. Lion tracks after we had a calf killed. four toes, no claws... too big for a bobcat and there was a tore up bloody bale from where we assumed it drug the calf when the mom attacked....

Jake":2twz20wo said:
Caustic Burno":2twz20wo said:
Jake":2twz20wo said:

Well somebody is lying.

I'll believe the family before the officials.... I've seen Mt. Lion tracks after we had a calf killed. four toes, no claws... too big for a bobcat and there was a tore up bloody bale from where we assumed it drug the calf when the mom attacked....

I concur Fish and Game officals educated in wildlife management are probably wrong.

I concur Fish and Game officals educated in wildlife management are probably wrong.

Here in Oregon there is a lot of rumors that wolves have re-enetered a small mountain range in north east Oregon, "The Wallowa Mountains". they are believed to have come down from Canada. Athough I heard once they came from the Yellowstone pack. I believe it to be a rumor, Fish and game says no, no Wolves in Oregon. I think it's possible, as possible as Cougars in most any state.

Caustic Burno":8zauq6vc said:
Jake":8zauq6vc said:
Caustic Burno":8zauq6vc said:
Jake":8zauq6vc said:

Well somebody is lying.

all I can say Caustic is I know I'm not lying.... I know what I saw, researched it to make sure... The fish and game supposedly released some around here to control deer and there have been confirmed sitings more than a few times. The officials try to hide quite a few things they do... this is one of them in my opinion...

Jake":34z3dlz4 said:
Caustic Burno":34z3dlz4 said:
Caustic Burno":34z3dlz4 said:

Well somebody is lying.

all I can say Caustic is I know I'm not lying.... I know what I saw, researched it to make sure... The fish and game supposedly released some around here to control deer and there have been confirmed sitings more than a few times. The officials try to hide quite a few things they do... this is one of them in my opinion...

Some of these bad Wildcats I presume.
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article ... 0000000001

the state turned loose quite a few pairs around here to control the deer population. they have been spotted all over the place. no calf kills reported yet. they also turned loose some wolves several years ago.

Caustic Burno":2vir4rp2 said:
Jake":2vir4rp2 said:

Well somebody is lying.

Some of these bad Wildcats I presume.
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article ... 0000000001

Caustic,

You had to play the ...CAT...card....huh!....:lol:

I wonder why Wisc. has so many feral cats that they need to give attention to a hunting program for them?

I wonder why Wisc. has so many feral cats that they need to give attention to a hunting program for them?

We used to live in an area that had a real problem with feral cats, Not 10 or 12, a couple of hundred or more in a mile area. They get like any other varmit out of control, not only a pain for the garbage and domistic animals, but they can carry disease to humans and animals that we control in our domistic animals, ie. distemper, rabies, etc.

Some of you animal lovers won't like this, but I'm all for shooting them, they are a wild pest like a coon or coyote. Unless you get them young you can't tame them down... they are wild.

JMO
Alan

Back in the 70s when hides were bringing top dollar a good housecat would fetch $2.00 and that's whole. Not saying I ever sold any. Just saying there weren't any stray cats anywhere near where I happened to be.

Craig-TX