cotton wagon??

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I really need something to haul more rolls of hay on. There are some really nice looking 24' cotton wagons about 200 miles from here, New tires and the bearings have been gone through. Is that high? I have an anhydrous running gear, I could extend and put a wooden flat on. Lumber is high, and barn space is to precious here to store it inside. In other words, it's a bad investment. It also seems too narrow to be stable. Options??????

Understand that. I don't know what they are worth anymore. Most are rolling cotton now. Would the cost and time of going to look, getting them delivered, converting them over be worth it?
This $2000 dollar one is ready to move hay.

A few months ago a guy around Paris TN had some aluminum flatbed bed wagons on Craigslist that seemed decent. I ended by a wagon elsewhere.

Typically, how big are the cotton wagons you guys are talking about? I'd like to have something to haul rolls across the farm where it's too rough for the gooseneck trailers, but those round bale wagons bring an arm and a leg.

Typically, how big are the cotton wagons you guys are talking about? I'd like to have something to haul rolls across the farm where it's too rough for the gooseneck trailers, but those round bale wagons bring an arm and a leg.
I see some really long ones. The one I'd be interested in is 24' long.

I was partially hoping somebody here would have access to some.

I have 4 we use in tobacco. Two are 24 two are 20. I like them ok but like a 10 ton kory better. Lot of cotton wagons around here. The ones over 24 have a weird 5th wheel thing in front. Mine are on 8 ton gears the runners under bed are not very heavy duty. But have not broken any yet i would not double stack rolled hay on the 24s. You can buy bearings any parts store. The track good I layed one one the other upside down pulled home 50 miles. Guy at Liberty ky just down from tarter gate always has some for sale all the time. As for price i just bought 3 10 ton korys with slip tongues and 20 foot treated flats at local sale for 1875 each. Price probably fair not a deal. If you go wagon route john deere parts 5 times more than kory or easy trail. We built some new flats 460 for treated wood the already had steel runners.

I think they are 7.5 wide little narrower than my regular wagons. Guys name at Liberty is Ed Price i think. He hauls gates to Texas hauls them back. Can maybe get number if you want usually on cl

Have you looked in to the dump trailers? Or on govdeals.com stewart and stevenson truck the flat bed kind.

Cotton wagon sounds fun we can l come ride. 😉

I think they are 7.5 wide little narrower than my regular wagons. Guys name at Liberty is Ed Price i think. He hauls gates to Texas hauls them back. Can maybe get number if you want usually on cl
Found him from your comments. He's out at the moment.

Look on auction zip in my neck of woods almost always korys and cotton wagons in every farm sale here in tobacco country. If you havent found some by spring i will sell you mine.

Look on auction zip in my neck of woods almost always korys and cotton wagons in every farm sale here in tobacco country. If you havent found some by spring i will sell you mine.
I've never visited auction zip, so I might be doing it wrong, but I didn't see any. I would have thought with the direction of tobacco, there would be some for sale around the state. If you've goy a 24' wagon (or longer), hit me up. I'd prefer a metal bed, I don't have a good place to store a wood flat.

Latest posts