Cotton is Racist

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm offended that she is offended. What proof does she have that she was a slave? Heck, she could have been a descendant of one of the many black slave owners. Or a descendant of one of the muslim's who sold the slaves to the slave traders.

Jogeephus":lsitsbjm said:
I'm offended that she is offended. What proof does she have that she was a slave? Heck, she could have been a descendant of one of the many black slave owners. Or a descendant of one of the muslim's who sold the slaves to the slave traders.

Very true Moochelle's ancestors ended up being slave owners so who knows what's in this gal's wood pile.

yall don't get it at all....

the entire country and everything about it is racist...

according to the left who are trying to destroy our country and our history....

and the liberal media pawns of the left who gleefully broadcast about the valiant protestors against evil america.

if they will protest the national anthem then they will protest anything....

And here I thought it was because the cotton was white :oops:

Had my crew chopping out Blackjacks a time back and one of them asked me why we call the weeds 'Black' jacks so I told him because the seed is black :p

I'm so tired of all this crap. On both sides. The only thing that offends me really is when I see a picture of an ignorant redneck NAZI waving a confederate flag. That truly gets my goat.

Jogeephus":3lm25lo0 said:
I'm so tired of all this crap. On both sides. The only thing that offends me really is when I see a picture of an ignorant redneck NAZI waving a confederate flag. That truly gets my goat.

I thought you were offended because she was offended. :D

Jogeephus":1k8h5s9t said:
Me too. They have co-opted a heritage symbol that has no hateful meanings by folks like me. It just means I am proud to be from the south.

I could see if it was people picking the cotton but it is just cotton a dang field crop. Does tobacco offend her? Lots of slaves worked tobacco fields why ain't she protesting the sale of tobacco products?

She thought she was being cute. She lit a little fire and the wind blew it into dry tinder.

Wonder what's she would think of that ad at the top of the CT page for Bayer Fibermax with 4 white guys standing in a cotton field?

HDRider":2x8iq0my said:
Jogeephus":2x8iq0my said:
Me too. They have co-opted a heritage symbol that has no hateful meanings by folks like me. It just means I am proud to be from the south.

Cotton thing is stupid for sure.. My cousin raises it the only thing we care about is green.

HD you and I are friends and had lunch and hung out so please do not get offended. Anyone can be proud of where they came from no doubt... But can you please seriously tell me how using a flag that is not this nations flag tell people you are proud to be from the south vs a negative connotation. I know you are very far from racist but I'm asking if folks don't know you can you tell me what exactly would tell everyone else not raised in the south that the flag is just because you were raised in the south ? Many folks have served and died for this country and IMO the only flag that should be flown is the U.S. flag if any at all. You can be from the south and be proud of where you come from just like if from the north west or east and fly only the American flag. Many people on here speak about slavery and the wrong doings that were done to the Indians and say that was the past let it go. Well pretty sure some of those folks are still flying the confederate flags CSA wasn't it something like 1860-1865 if I remember correctly could if so someone straighten me out but point i'm making is that's the past seeing as this year is 2017... So ummm... When are they going to let that past go as well ? Again not to start an argument but asking a question.

Don't worry, you can't offend me Sky and I do consider you a friend. The US flag flies on top. Arkansas flag flies under that, then Stars and Bars and Gadsden flag in that order.

If I can't say the Stars and Bars is not a racist symbol, how can I say cotton is not a racist symbol?

HDRider":3oyx9gw5 said:
Don't worry, you can't offend me Sky and I do consider you a friend. The US flag flies on top. Arkansas flag flies under that, then Stars and Bars and Gadsden flag in that order.

If I can't say the Stars and Bars is not a racist symbol, how can I say cotton is not a racist symbol?

Most people do not know what the stars and bars flag is generally speaking...

This is what it means, and it is all it means to me...

The Confederate Battle Flag. The best-known Confederate flag, however, was the Battle Flag, the familiar "Southern Cross". It was carried by Confederate troops in the field which were the vast majority of forces under the confederacy.
The Stars represented the 11 states actually in the Confederacy plus Kentucky and Missouri.

Yankees don't like rebel flags, and if I can keep a Yankee or two from moving to the south because of the rebel flag on my truck, boat and house all the better.

Latest posts