costume ideas for show

Help Support CattleToday:

tobytonya

Reaction score
We are going to a show and they have a costume class. The steer and the exhibitor dress in costume. Looking for ideas. So far have thought about dressing as Thing 1 & Thing 2, or The Grinch and Max. Anyone got any other ideas?

tobytonya":2z8rey2m said:
We are going to a show and they have a costume class. The steer and the exhibitor dress in costume. Looking for ideas. So far have thought about dressing as Thing 1 & Thing 2, or The Grinch and Max. Anyone got any other ideas?

My granddaughter dressed her heifer up as a basketball player and she was a cheerleader.

i did this one last year it was a hit. get 2 of the paper rolls out of some wraping paper and tie one on top of the calf and one on the bottom. dress up as a little boy or girl and you've got a caroselle pony and a little kid. draw on feckels with eyeliner and put on a little dress or overalls. make it your own. you could do pippi long stocking with her monkey.
if you can do a group all of the kids should dress up as drinks like sweet tea, cokes, sprite ect and make the calves ice cubes. [a group of hog kids did that on one year].
another one would be a bull fighter and a "bull" lol. i little boy did that this year and he ran around his calf jumped on his head and he ha taught the calf to throw him up on his back. it was really cute.
his sister put a saddle on her steer and rode him in around 3 barrels like a barrel racer lol

I bet that will be fun! They have a costume parade at one of the fairs I used to go to, for exhibitor and animal...once we did hula dancers, once we were rednecks (didn't have to try too hard), and one time we did a patriotic theme. You could dress the steer up like you and you could dress up as the steer :D

LoveMoo11":2wjcutac said:
You could dress the steer up like you and you could dress up as the steer :D
that'd be soo cute! might tell the step sister to do this one!

If the steer is black, using white acrylic paint, mark and label the cuts of beef and dress up as a chef.

ETA: Make the steer look like a dinosaur and dress as fred flintstone. There are a lot of sewing patterns for costumes available.

we had a pair of girls and their 2 tiny little lowline calves dress up as angels and devils. Not very imaginative but the little devil calf bucked around he would have only just been knee height. so cute!

We has someone dress up as steve irwin and they let their calf go in the ring, grabbed the microphone and talked everyone through capturing him. And we had one dress up as a soda cup and their calf as a hamburger.

We have a novelty calf competition, don't have a steer one.

We've had Santa, Snow white and the seven dwarves, Adam and Eve (in the adults only class), princess, fairy, lord of the rings, harry potter ... just about everything. one kid a few years back took a highland heifer, they were 'beauty and the beast' that was gorgeous. once I saw a kid just go in with the calf fitted and wearing show clothes, he said he was dressed up as a showman lol. bob the builder, racing stripes, finding nemo, (one of) 101 dalmations, breast cancer (charolais calf dyed pink)

one year some friends borrowed a boer goat, took it in the calf show, dressed up as amusement ride/side show operators and city slickers and said that this was their new calf they had just bought.

I took a baby goat (kid) in once and said 'but I thought this was a competition for kids?'

we are having a goat fancy dress at the end of the year, I'm going to give one of my angoras a poodle clip and dye him pink.

I got this email the other day ... dog clipped like a lion. some shop in mexico having lots of break ins, the guy clipped the guard dog like a lion and started a rumour that he had a guard lion ... lot less break ins lol

mexlion.jpg

Went to a goat show earlier this year that had costume class. 1 boy dressed as groom with a veil on the goat. One girl had a clown suit and matching slinky for goat.
Seen a firefighter with spotted calf as dalmation.
Hunter in camo w/antlers on calf.

Latest posts