cost to rope cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
we got in a tight an had to hire some cowboys to rope 2 hd load them an take to the owner.an they charged $150 to rope an trailer them.now i know thats a real good price since it was 3 horses an cowboys an 2 trailers.also going to have them come back an work our cattle.so i was wondering what it cost in your area to have cowboys come catch some cattle in the pasture.an also what they charge to pen an work cattle.

daywork here pays 100.00 a day.
if you make a hand you might get a bonus and asked to come back next time.

Standard rates in my area of the panhandle for catching cattle are at least $100/hd, hauling extra.

Going rate for day work is $150/ full day, plus fuel and lunch for professional hands.

Paid $100 a few years ago, for two riders to rope, trailer and haul one my cows that strayed. Would expect that rate to be about $125 by now.

i knew these boys was giving us a real good deal.an i know they give us a good deal when we work the cows.

With the costs of vacs. and de-wormer I can hardly afford to work mine by myself.

fitz

It's interesting the way things work in different parts of the country . If we have someone else cattle in our pasture , we either put them back in there pasture if it borders us . Or if it's traveled aways we run it in the corral and call the owner to come get it .Sometimes depending on the situation we may just haul it to the owner . If we needed help neighbors are a phone call away , we trade work all the time ,because everybody is short handed . The few folks that do day work up here are 100-125 depending if they are bringing a horse .

well theres more to the story than i posted.weve had cowboys come on our place to rope their wild cattle.an then our cattle would show up limping an bleeding.so we said no matter what no horses an dogs on our place.we to put the neighbors cows back in their pastures.the cowboys we use do not nor did not upset our cattle at all.so we are going to try using them 2 times a year or as needed.

bigbull338":3tm8tvao said:
well theres more to the story than i posted.weve had cowboys come on our place to rope their wild cattle.an then our cattle would show up limping an bleeding.so we said no matter what no horses an dogs on our place.we to put the neighbors cows back in their pastures.the cowboys we use do not nor did not upset our cattle at all.so we are going to try using them 2 times a year or as needed.

worst butt chewing i ever got was when an old man i knew asked me to help his work calves.
i was heeling the calves and dragging them out, but on one i missed and caught a front foot, but i went ahead and drug him out anyway.
that old man chewed me up and spit me out.
made a beleiver out of me.

those cowboys proved they know how to treat cattle an the people they work for so i dont mind using them.