Cost per cow --- per year

Help Support CattleToday:

It seems like for some reason, Aaron, when I had 80 acres and 20 cows, I didn't have to spend much time on the farm. With 600 acres and 100 cows, I don't have this many this year tho', it seems like my workload increased 5,000,000%. I rent part of it out, cuz' I can't take care of the cows needed to put on it, but just keeping up with brush, fences, water and general care is just about too much. I think my cost of labor per cow may be higher than yours, but I can't work 80+ hour weeks anymore.
On another note, I like to hire high school kids to work for me in the summer and on Sat. I told one he could work any Sat. he wanted, just show up by 8am and he could go to work. Haven't seen him since. The last one came the first 2 Sat., was 2 hours late the next lled him, and even after calling on Fri. to make sure he was coming, he didn't show up 2 Sat. in a row. He's out. It's not like I don't pay them good. I paid the last one $75 a day, both days he was able to get the work done in 5 hours. gs