Cost of classic car restoration

Help Support CattleToday:

Ole Blue - My '48 GMC. After market wheels and bed but original drive train. 228 straight six with a 4 speed. Doesn't like going faster than 40. It'll get me between the farms but I'm on and off again about whether to repower it so I can run farther afield with it. But there's a part of me that want's to just keep it simple. I would imagine the restoration/repowering balance sheet would give me some regret.

View attachment 25526View attachment 25527View attachment 25528
Would love to have one like that sitting on a new running gears.

Would love to have one like that sitting on a new running gears.
ICON builds just what ur looking for,
Here's the link,
https://www.icon4x4.com/tr
Fasten ur seat belt before u check the price!:eek:

Last edited:

ICON builds just what ur looking for,
Here's the link,
https://www.icon4x4.com/tr
Fasten ur seat belt before u check the price!:eek:
Icon does some amazing builds. They've inspired me in what I intend to do going forward. I have an M37 that I want to do a chassis swap on to make it highway worthy and I bought a '78 3/4 ton Chevy as the donor vehicle... but now I'm thinking I want to restomod the Chevy.

Icon does some amazing builds. They've inspired me in what I intend to do going forward. I have an M37 that I want to do a chassis swap on to make it highway worthy and I bought a '78 3/4 ton Chevy as the donor vehicle... but now I'm thinking I want to restomod the Chevy.
If I was doin a M37, I would use a 12V Cummins and chassis.

If I was doin a M37, I would use a 12V Cummins and chassis.
Not for me... I thought about a 4BT but the cost difference between diesel and gas just doesn't justify diesel. Besides, there are so many small penis guys that own lifted, black exhaust belching driveway queens around here I don't want to be associated with that crowd.

Not for me... I thought about a 4BT but the cost difference between diesel and gas just doesn't justify diesel. Besides, there are so many small penis guys that own lifted driveway queens around here I don't want to be associated with that crowd.
I agree mostly, but a stock appearing M37 w/6BT would be super cool!
Different strokes fer different folks.
HaHa I like that SPG/driveway Queens!:)
They are about the most useless thing on God's Green Earth!!

I bought this 4bt at an auction, went through the floods of 2021 but was serviced immediately after, 400 hours on the clock, runs like a top and got a pretty good deal on it (I've seen core, non running, non turbo models go for more), I was going to put it in a half ton or a FJ62 land cruiser but I might hold on to it a little yet and do something else down the road with it. Friend has one on a genset that has 16,000 hours on it. This is rated at 105hp @ 1800 RPM, I'm sure I can get double that without much trouble

HmBho10ZjPP90ZsffUik_BgdTx2JXQrGANYR0Ete2zgLXEfBPJcWXRO2wcQkuH-sSkVVuT7VnGxcDq-5cU21eunwJesH3tPeyN2vMjrF0ZuMpAB7ZXn4O67H5Wtg1d9HIkYXhfFu3k2e7r7sqTZuAqcdKA_UExAB6OTksZS9BV16qQ0ZcB6jKVhYIDVvTKqDC5SIslKWY-qMDVBO1Mc7WphUSqn_-3kcbMlQrI1uQynxR-D_Uk8ehdA32x9EvzzhgWPxGBoBh5lTgTy7FjJ6sDInstwQ0xOu_TMA-Fc_ke9Us3dMUPK9Bci03hGpnQpQJJzScVItkxo66hRhBxdNINIekBffINB4rFdmin1sgeclJ-sYEQa2RDK8_i1DfWolUXQRLBGZ0rrhImeO6g0GkOaT0nvC7OdErDtLuN4mSuni6qYeewOHBwNDsYoVNWj4pv1Jy-tlfzW9KwT_Vqd_V51-aIQUC2L6wM1MspJBKgCxLP0GJKkZrifxpjNy-SbvMq0QBOzTQvrcxQmhh2q3f6mXd1dIelvJ7tAoVjq-575INqBMklC6MP_VhtfuVmiovmJINWZNCKL4T7T24ueFaNXLJ8LXdAuRSnc-Z6p87dkjwbQCrXlX5SnTPu85LtcwFyTc7SeJhQaQvw39X9ft0ptwkHFGtfdrAxdEUdLJMwYY48S4hufhi4UI02yRpbTZJ8EGPgWJyzA6r41K22i_SaIPowgQNYkijldSuWfm3Erf_-KMbRC08q7knfeKgT-sjgnEQuBOU3Z9tGrZ8ttbmBvg-uhUYd1FZhQexk6vFvA255jqztEf97bG2aeueERF8YFUWz9RXL5OWsoFg-z_fuaNzKn8MMwKGAMYQ7-z6msP7OR-Yx8ySco6ez6OnlhkQjRl4SgH-YZ74VbhoMc4rvyULEWx4SeND4M0LMpRqqzF-A=w1196-h897-no

How much for you to sale.
I don't drive over 40 to often anyways.

I assume tongue in cheek compliment and I appreciate it. Exactly how I felt when I found it. I feel pretty content driving around the ranch and farm to market roads even at only 40 but there are times a hwy trip would better get me where I'm going. Doing 40 in a 75 though doesn't feel relaxing. Hence the contemplation about repowering. We'll see.

Last edited:

Latest posts