Corriente Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What is the average weight of a Corriente heifer, and a Corriente Bull?
We are thinking about buying some cows and we never heard of Corriente before. We want beef cows. I know Angus, and Brama make the best. We are not nessessarily looking for the best. But we want something that will make us a profit.
What are the pros and cons with buying Corriente cattle?

Big S":7la4dego said:
What is the average weight of a Corriente heifer, and a Corriente Bull?
We are thinking about buying some cows and we never heard of Corriente before. We want beef cows. I know Angus, and Brama make the best. We are not nessessarily looking for the best. But we want something that will make us a profit.
What are the pros and cons with buying Corriente cattle?

Corriente aren't considered beef cattle by most people, too light muscled. They've alwasy reminded me of a short legged black Jersey.
This might help

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/

dun

Back in the early 60's we used to haul them up from Mexico. Didn't even know that is was a recognized breed, probably wasn't then. All those skrawny usually black horned, ornery things we brought up we called corrientes. From the ok state sight "although this term is frequently used for any small cattle of indiscriminate breeding"

dun

They are very popular here in Texas, but not for meat, for leasing out for roping steers. Actually in a down beef market you can make some $$ raising them.

Latest posts