Corporations Don’t Pay Taxes – Ever!

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":ckfm07a0 said:
greybeard":ckfm07a0 said:
Almost correct.
Corps do indeed pay taxes, but are legally able to recoup that expense thru consumers and end user sales.

They pay after they collect from the consumer.
Not always. Many have to pay estimated sales and income taxes qtrly, regardless of what state their recievables are in.

Everyone that buys something pays taxes. Those that work pay theirs, and they pay for the dead beats too. I don't like paying taxes at all, but having to pay sales tax, income and property taxes on rental property is a little much.

greybeard":2v8c9pqu said:
Caustic Burno":2v8c9pqu said:
greybeard":2v8c9pqu said:
Almost correct.
Corps do indeed pay taxes, but are legally able to recoup that expense thru consumers and end user sales.

They pay after they collect from the consumer.
Not always. Many have to pay estimated sales and income taxes qtrly, regardless of what state their recievables are in.

GB it is still passed on to the consumer it doesn't come out of the profit's,
Even the dividend's paid is paid on by the investor not the corp.
Every dime comes off the back of the working man rich or poor.

It seems to me that if companies are taxed instead of individuals, people have a choice. It is possible not to buy, but very difficult to avoid paying taxes.

sim.-ang.king":1z8qt9z3 said:
I guess with this kind of logic none of us have ever payed taxes since we all get payed by someone else? So I guess none of us could complain if the government decided to raise it by 50%, eh?

I don't understand your comment. What I said is corporations have no expense for taxes. If taxes are raised on corporate profit they simply raise the price of their goods and services to compensate for their loss of profit. You and I, as consumers, have to bear the price increase.

Let me use an example that everyone can understand. State and federal taxes on fuel has steadily increased over the past, well, since the early '70's. Exxon Mobil has not suffered lose of income one red cent because of increased taxes because you and I pay that tax every time we put fuel in our vehicles.

How about another example while not labeled as a tax it certainly costs us all dearly. EPA says that automakers (not consumers) must put catalytic convertors on automobiles. These devices use one of the rarest metals on earth, Platinum. The automakers don't bear the expense of that, we do. The expense is passed on to consumers.

This discussion is convoluted; the differences are based in semantics or how you define paying taxes. Corporations pay taxes. They are subject to taxes at many levels in our multi-level government. When they have a tax obligation and they write a check to to a governemnt agency for that tax obligation, they are paying taxes in my opinion. They are passed on because that is the mechanics of the system. What is more concern to me is how taxes are spent and whether the institutions who reap the tax money need as much as they are collecting. It has gotten so bad and I blame both parties, that government taken at every level is now the economy of the United States. Take out government spending and our economy would implode. A cattle producer may or may not be a corporation. I am not incorporated and I don't have a mechanism that I know about for passing my taxes on to the vendor who buys my feeder calves. If I show a loss it reduces my tax burden on other sources of income I have but that is not where I want to be.

But taxes are assessed against corporations and I don't see any point in a convoluted argument to try to discount that.

sim.-ang.king":3dt1sycr said:
I guess with this kind of logic none of us have ever payed taxes since we all get payed by someone else? So I guess none of us could complain if the government decided to raise it by 50%, eh?
True....I guess none of us have ever paid for anything. The people that pay us pay for it. :lol2:

tater74":npptej11 said:
http://www.fairtax.org. Problem solved, except taxes are a vote buying scheme now.

:tiphat: :tiphat: Good post.

Lava your argument only applies in the case of a monopoly because I assure you I pay more than my fair share of taxes with my coporations. But as we know, monopolies like Monsanto or BP are illegal in the USA because we have representatives that we put in office that truly care about us and this country.

See if you can put your head around this one and tell me who doesn't pay their fair share of taxes. Take an employee who has about 20% deducted from his paycheck each pay period. The employer has to match this amount out of what would be their profits. At the end of the year some of this money is returned to the employee but none to the employer even though half of these taxes are the employer's.

Ok, now tell me who is not paying their fair of taxes if this employee works for the government?

TexasBred":3w39v3ou said:
sim.-ang.king":3w39v3ou said:
True....I guess none of us have ever paid for anything. The people that pay us pay for it. :lol2:
Have to be...hey Tex you need any work done? I need you to pay my taxes this year.

Just tell them you forgot or didn't feel like it. Or you might make the argument that you feel that you, being a hard worker and an asset to society feel its discriminatory.

tater74":13o3w46o said:
http://www.fairtax.org. Problem solved, except taxes are a vote buying scheme now.

Never happen, the 47% that don't pay income tax think that's fair. Certainly would never vote themselves a tax.

Latest posts