Corporate greed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I just went into town to pay my cell phone bill. Cash no less. So i go into this store and tell em i want to pay my bill and hand them the cash. Then the guy tells me theres a 3 dollar fee for the priveldge of paying my bill in cash.
I proceeded to laugh in his face telling him how lucky they were to have ME as a customer. Then told them to kiss my arse.
Went on down the road to a main company store and paid it no problem no fee.
Whats with companies latley. Nickel and diming people. Banks, gas companies. Etc etc.
Im about to join that 99% group, but ill wear a bandana over my face

Heard similar news blurb about that in our area, too, and it was a cell phone company. If I recall correctly, they are now charging extra if you pay cash, AND if you make on-line payment. I don't do any on-line banking, but all the big companies have pushed that for years.

my cell phone co does the same plus they charge a $15 activation fee if u get a new line.thats kinda like buying a new truk and then they charge u more $ if u wanna drive it.come to think of it i guess thats what tags and ins r like.

Thats not corporate greed.... Thats stupidy. I was at a restaurant/ bar with a group of guys last night that required you to give them a couple credit cards to hold for them to serve you. I dont own a single card and told them they were sol. A couple others did and we stayed but its sad that people think those little cards represent money. I guarantee have access to far more money than those guys did but the restaurant felt comfort holding a bunch of broke peoples cards.

every1 wants their peice of the pie,so they charge for everything they can think of.

bigbull338":2qpc3opr said:
every1 wants their peice of the pie,so they charge for everything they can think of.
It floured me the other day when I heard that gas stations charge for air!

dun":1iwo1vlu said:
bigbull338":1iwo1vlu said:
theyve been charging for air for years.its a wonder they dont charge for water if you need to check your rad.

dun":8y30l31z said:
bigbull338":8y30l31z said:

Yes, many around here charge for air but I won't pay it. I know the ones that don't and use their's

Brute 23":bdnnfm6a said:
Thats not corporate greed.... Thats stupidy. I was at a restaurant/ bar with a group of guys last night that required you to give them a couple credit cards to hold for them to serve you. I dont own a single card and told them they were sol. A couple others did and we stayed but its sad that people think those little cards represent money. I guarantee have access to far more money than those guys did but the restaurant felt comfort holding a bunch of broke peoples cards.
Unfortunately you couldn't prove you had a nickel ove and above what you had in your pocket....they could. :mrgreen:

I don't have a big problem with businesses encouraging us to use less costly means of completing a transaction. The cell phone stores are sales outlets for new services and products. They are not really set up to accept cash payments. They have bank lock boxes and staff at their other sites to recieve checks and payments, they have online sites to accept cards, you can use your banks bill paying system, etc. They are just using this fee to encourage customers to the appropriate payment locations. Without these fees the rest of us that use the normal payment processing are subsidizing others. Cash payments are gradually becoming a thing of the past. Really no different than some small cattle people complaining that the big guys can sell in lot loads and get more money. The sale barn is less efficient way of process cattle sales and both parties pay that cost.

I was talking to one of my bosses and he said I probably could have gave them my DL. They just wanted to make sure we wouldnt walk out on the bill. Not a matter of paying or not............. Makes sense. :D Guess thats what happens when a country bumpkin goes to the big city.

Had an experience yesterday that made me recall this thread. We had a cat come to the clinic with an eye problem requiring drops that we don't normally carry. We can get drugs/supplies overnight, but the doc didn't want to wait to start treatment for 24 hrs. No problem- we called a prescription in to the local pharmacy ( a large, national chain). I go to pick it up myself- $98.48 for a 5ml bottle. I about shiite. I come back to my desk and call up the drug on one of our suppliers web sites and find that I can get it for $3.09. What kind of markup is that? I printed out the price, went back to the pharmacist, showed him the price, and said "I know you're not responsible for this, but you can't be serious. He sold it to me for $13.50. That's still 400% profit. Just venting. I thought about calling the local news- to me, that $98.48 is just criminal.

Good for you going back and pointing it out to them that they are crooks. Most wouldn't have

cowmilker":wz9afr6u said:
Had an experience yesterday that made me recall this thread. We had a cat come to the clinic with an eye problem requiring drops that we don't normally carry. We can get drugs/supplies overnight, but the doc didn't want to wait to start treatment for 24 hrs. No problem- we called a prescription in to the local pharmacy ( a large, national chain). I go to pick it up myself- $98.48 for a 5ml bottle. I about shiite. I come back to my desk and call up the drug on one of our suppliers web sites and find that I can get it for $3.09. What kind of markup is that? I printed out the price, went back to the pharmacist, showed him the price, and said "I know you're not responsible for this, but you can't be serious. He sold it to me for $13.50. That's still 400% profit. Just venting. I thought about calling the local news- to me, that $98.48 is just criminal.

Just think ho wmuch money they are making off of the elderly who have prescriptions on a monthly basis-use medicaire etc.. its a racket for sure-Just like hosptials who charge $12 for one aspirin-etc...

GMN":22bldgm6 said:
cowmilker":22bldgm6 said:

Just think ho wmuch money they are making off of the elderly who have prescriptions on a monthly basis-use medicaire etc.. its a racket for sure-Just like hosptials who charge $12 for one aspirin-etc...

That's how they cover teh expenses of caring for the uninsured that keep the emergency room overflowing, have no insurance and have no money.

Daughter and son in law are both pharmacists. Where Jeff works they have "diabetic shoes". Medicare sets the price of them at around $300 per pair. Bill them for anything less than the $300 and they reject the claim and tell you to refile the claim for the full $300..............cost of the shoes....around $25-30 per pair.

Latest posts