Corner braces?

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":2vpn6o62 said:
Bright Raven":2vpn6o62 said:
callmefence":2vpn6o62 said:
look up some fencing specs.... it is very common for turns to be noted in degrees that you vary from a strait line. if you where say walking in a straight line and made a 45degree turn for example. the degree of the turn is measured from the imaginary straight line to the side of the brace that turns from that line.. your splitting hairs prince. everyone is right.....

Yep. Luke got me. 5 degrees could count a lot if you were shooting pool.

Actually by common industry practice. Your both incorrect. Your measuring the angle wrong. :lol2:
When educated people don't know wtf their talking about..... :roll: .

I have to draw it. Now days we have cadd operators who draw it for us. For bended pipe or tube, I show the degree of bend on the drawings and not the projected angles. The cadd kids are always changing my representations for 30 degree bends or 45 degree bends. For instance if I want a 45 degree bend in the pipe, they want to show a 135 degree angle. That confuses the guys doing the work. I red line the drawings and send them back. No need to confuse the craftsmen. Continue the line and show the degree of bend. I've been at this for over 40 years now. Much easier for me to just bend it than to draw a picture but I have to draw it. I also have to go out and salvage things when they hose it up in the field.

backhoeboogie":27c937bj said:
callmefence":27c937bj said:
Bright Raven":27c937bj said:
Yep. Luke got me. 5 degrees could count a lot if you were shooting pool.

Actually by common industry practice. Your both incorrect. Your measuring the angle wrong. :lol2:

I have to draw it. Now days we have cadd operators who draw it for us. For bended pipe or tube, I show the degree of bend on the drawings and not the projected angles. The cadd kids are always changing my representations for 30 degree bends or 45 degree bends. For instance if I want a 45 degree bend in the pipe, they want to show a 135 degree angle. That confuses the guys doing the work. I red line the drawings and send them back. No need to confuse the craftsmen. Continue the line and show the degree of bend. I've been at this for over 40 years now. Much easier for me to just bend it than to draw a picture but I have to draw it. I also have to go out and salvage things when they hose it up in the field.

Cadd kids. :D ...I'm gonna use that.. ;-)

Bright Raven":14ag6otq said:
Another one from FFS. He is building fence right now as I post. Lol

BTW: Luke. Those angles are more open than 45 degrees!

29z9el3.jpg

Why build a corner like this? I'm guessing it's stronger with all the bracing, but would a 90 degree not have been strong enough? I will say, I'd rather mow around that then a 90, lol.

callmefence":339jdtht said:

Computer Aided Drafting and Design it seems. They've never been on a board or put lead to paper. They don't know what a scum bag is or what it is for.

Each print out is a first generation print. That's kind of nice. Slow process but really fast when you do revisions to drawings.

NonTypicalCPA":3jsm8fkc said:
Bright Raven":3jsm8fkc said:
Another one from FFS. He is building fence right now as I post. Lol

BTW: Luke. Those angles are more open than 45 degrees!

29z9el3.jpg

Why build a corner like this? I'm guessing it's stronger with all the bracing, but would a 90 degree not have been strong enough? I will say, I'd rather mow around that then a 90, lol.

Mine had a gate in it dead center. Pipe and metal and no wood.

The oilfield equipment trucks took out my corner posts over and over and over. They told no one and you'd get that 2 a.m. call that your cows were out. They had room but not enough experience. So we cut out the corners and put in 45's similar to the picture. I put a gate in that corner since there was no gate on that side of the pasture. The equipment trucks and water trucks quit taking out my corner posts after that. I hope that answers your question.

callmefence":32wx5g2z said:
backhoeboogie":32wx5g2z said:
callmefence":32wx5g2z said:

I guess I'm a "CAD kid", although I'm almost 60 (I make my living with Solidworks). However, I also know enough about fabricating not to show a 135° angle.