Corned Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Got a new batch in the fridge today using your recipe - 7 days can't come fast enough :)

Made some venison pastrami this year. It was really good but it just didn't last very long.

IMG_5950.jpg

Did a great job on the recipe- only problem I might have is the part about letting it sit for a day before eating it :)
I'll be sure to report back how it tasted

No one really likes pastrami at my house either but it still doesn't last long. :lol2:

Yeah, Howdy its sortof hard after waiting all that time not to give it a go. It just slices better when its well chilled.

I'm gonna try JO'S brine with maple syrup instead of mollasses. Igot some we boiled on a windy day, it's gotta smokey flavor to it not real bad but you can tasteit. It goes real good in marinades , it should work in a brine or cure. Happy holidays :santa:

Just pulled it out of the smoker. Its not a true corned beef as I added a few little tweeks to it but I gotta say this is extraordinary stuff right here. You can cut it with a spoon and the flavor is just outstanding if I have to say so myself. Will definitely be eating some cabbage tomorrow. I gotta say, this is the best corned beef I've ever tasted and I do believe it is good enough to convert a vegan. To beef anyway.

IMG_7091_zpsa7c849d1.jpg

Dang that looks good. I've got some brisket thawing out now to corn. Haven't done much playing with meats in awhile. Finally got a little time to play.

We're suppose toget a foot of snow tonite then it's gonna keep comin for a week , that sounds like I'll have time ,darn good cure for cabin fever. THANKS JO :clap:

Kathie in Thorp":1tydo4sh said:
Have you started cooking Basque yet?

I've been doing a few of the things but mainly incorporating some of their techniques into other things.

Just got done slicing and eating the brisket from your recipe. I like the brine portion. It does hold more moisture in the meat. But...from the few I've done, the meat had better flavor if the spices were added to the simmering portion instead of the curing portion. Only thing I can think of is the longer heat with the spices is better than longer cold with the spices.
Just my thoughts in it

I'm sure it would have a better flavor if you added the spices to the water but I don't boil or simmer corned beef when I make sandwich meat. Never heard of it being done that way.

Latest posts