CORN

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
How much do u pay per ton n your area? the best price i have found so far here n kansas is $148. per ton.

Two perfect examples of why some people make money feeding cattle and some cannot.

Nova can buy for $3.36 per bu., MF135 would need to pay $6.15 per bu.

This is why cattle go to the feed. Cheaper to haul cattle than corn.

bannedagain":2ojvcidp said:
Two perfect examples of why some people make money feeding cattle and some cannot.

Nova can buy for $3.36 per bu., MF135 would need to pay $6.15 per bu.

This is why cattle go to the feed. Cheaper to haul cattle than corn.
Depends a lot of where you are and when you're buying or maybe your grew it yourself. Much of last years corn was well over $4 a bushel. Down here this year it was cheaper but still higher than what Nova is paying but still around $3.80-$4 a bushel. Nova are they even cutting this years corn up in your area yet?

TexasBred":12c0wm2u said:
Nova are they even cutting this years corn up in your area yet?
Nope. It'll be a month or so before the corn harvest starts. Many are hoping it doesn't freeze for awhile as most got it put in a bit late on account of muddy fields most of the spring. There are also many who are pushing the maturities later and later trying to take advantage of bigger yields. Always a gamble in this part of the country.

I just looked up the corn prices and it shot up in the past week. The local ethanol plant has bids at $4.28/bushel. I guess my time of $3.25-$3.50 corn may be gone for awhile. I just hope we don't see the $6-7 we saw a couple years ago.

Latest posts