Corn prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I'm sick and tired of hearing people complain about corn prices. Forget subsidies and all that stuff and look at the big picture. Cattle prices have been good for a few years and it is only natural for them to come back down. In fact cattle prices are still pretty dang good right now in my area. The corn prices have been extremely low for how many years. Those that produce corn are finally making a decent profit for their product. And as for the ethanol, come on people stop being so shallow. We are running out of oil and the prices are running wild. At least we are working on an alternative. Sure it may not be the best idea in the world and maybe it will fail but at least we are trying to move in a new direction. Everything changes and its not like the world is going to end so suck it up and stop complaining. And no I don't raise corn.

novaman":nyfv0flz said:
I have to say, I'm sick and tired of hearing people complain about corn prices. Forget subsidies and all that stuff and look at the big picture. Cattle prices have been good for a few years and it is only natural for them to come back down. In fact cattle prices are still pretty dang good right now in my area. The corn prices have been extremely low for how many years. Those that produce corn are finally making a decent profit for their product. And as for the ethanol, come on people stop being so shallow. We are running out of oil and the prices are running wild. At least we are working on an alternative. Sure it may not be the best idea in the world and maybe it will fail but at least we are trying to move in a new direction. Everything changes and its not like the world is going to end so suck it up and stop complaining. And no I don't raise corn.

Amen.

novaman":2av82gir said:

Well said. It isn't going to be cheap to get past the oil era. And remember, you have to add part of our Defense Budget to the cost of oil.

Somn $17,000.00 in Two years of Corn Subsidies That is not to bad, You only spent one year of my Tax money in two years. Could have been worse I guess. As long as I only have to work 1 year for 2 years of your welfare check I guess I am above the curve at least. ;-)

But I do suspect that Stephen blew the curve all the heck with his $300,000.00 plus in last ten years. I guess it is hard to break the cycle huh?

aplusmnt":2ie6m6t6 said:
Somn $17,000.00 in Two years of Corn Subsidies That is not to bad, You only spent one year of my Tax money in two years. Could have been worse I guess. As long as I only have to work 1 year for 2 years of your welfare check I guess I am above the curve at least. ;-)

But I do suspect that Stephen blew the curve all the heck with his $300,000.00 plus in last ten years. I guess it is hard to break the cycle huh?
Spoken like at true politician when the debate starts heading downhill for them they try to take a shot at the other guys relatives. I would give you a grade of A+ for that Aplusmnt quit your day job and be a politician you have the nack for it you whine and you aren't afraid to try to take cheap shots. If only you would have been right.

somn":1ej3y79l said:
aplusmnt":1ej3y79l said:

Spoken like at true politician when the debate starts heading downhill for them they try to take a shot at the other guys relatives. I would give you a grade of A+ for that Aplusmnt quit your day job and be a politician you have the nack for it you whine and you aren't afraid to try to take cheap shots. If only you would have been right.

You are the one not only posting you and your families info on here but actually commenting that I am not smart enough to look it up. Don't whine about me commenting on what you challenged me to find.

I did some surfing around on all the Subsidy web pages and one thing I found interesting is that there is lots of same last names on them Welfare list. Guess it is kind of like those in the hood, if mom gets welfare so does her 7 kids in the future.

When I looked at my own county, there was numerous families with more than one member getting subsidies. One family within a couple miles of my house had 7 family members combining father, brothers and Sisters getting Subsidies.

In last ten years 165 Billion dollars going to Farm Subsidies. With Riceland Foods Inc of Stuttgart, AR Leading the pack with $541,061,667 (that is $541 million dollars of public money going to a private business).

How mind boggling is it to think a private business received 541 Billion Dollars.

Also saw were 46% of Farms do not receive any Subsidies so it is possible to make it with out having your hand out.

aplusmnt":wr0v5ghn said:
I did some surfing around on all the Subsidy web pages and one thing I found interesting is that there is lots of same last names on them Welfare list. Guess it is kind of like those in the hood, if mom gets welfare so does her 7 kids in the future.

Hmm. Is that a racial shot or an Ag one? Was it the Smith"s?

somn":39t2h6nx said:
So how many dollars was I paid then?

2004 & 2005

Scott A Morrow received payments totaling $17,752.67

Subtotal, Farming Subsidies

$7,191
$10,561

Total Direct Payments

$2,710
$2,699

Direct Payment - Corn

$1,920