Corn or pellet stove vs. natural gas central heat

Help Support CattleToday:

agcntry

Reaction score
I have been pricing and looking at corn and pellet stoves. Has anybody used both, which is better. I have friends with the pellet, but I have easy access to corn from my brother.
TIA

With the high gas prices and low corn prices there seems to be a lot of interest in corn stoves in my area. The people that I know love them, they burn just over a 1/2 bushel per day I believe. The down side is I think they may be a little hard to get going, but that was the older models and I'm sure the new ones are better.

we have a corn/pelet stove we miz in a bit of pellets with the corn we cna buy corn for about 100$ a tonna (canadian here) that will last us a bit

I was told the corn jams up in the feeder a lot (if any is cracked) Don't know for sure though.

my dad just bought 2 pallets of pellets today. right now they are around $160/pallet. elsewhere they were $200/ton. 1 pallet here has just over a ton/pallet.

i have never heard of burning corn.....does it have a smell....i think of popcorn for some odd reason..lol :lol:
we are putting a wood burning insert in tomorrow morning, with what they are saying about the cost of heating this winter it should pay for its self in not to long of a time...

samm

Latest posts