Corn Oil

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Is corn oil a good additive to put weight on a fair market steer? I've heard it is, and I've been using it in my horses' grain for several years, it's great for the horses. I give the horses a cup a day. I've heard that I can do the same for the steer. Is this a good idea? My steer weighs 1045+ lb., and I would like him to gain another 100 lb. before the fair on May 15. (He is on 26 lb. of grain and 2 lb. of hay per day, he's also getting Ringmaster pellets.) Any ideas?? Thanks for the help!

[email protected]

Okay, thanks, I give my horses each one cup a day, and I know you can safely give horses up to two cups, so I am working my steer up to two cups, I don't know how much two weeks of corn oil is really going to affect him, but I'll see, thanks for your help! :)

[email protected]

> Is corn oil a good additive to put
> weight on a fair market steer?
> I've heard it is, and I've been
> using it in my horses' grain for
> several years, it's great for the
> horses. I give the horses a cup a
> day. I've heard that I can do the
> same for the steer. Is this a good

Be carefull with the corn oil! It can add shine however it can also burn the hair off as well. I prefer to use rolled corn however with a steer that won't eat the dryer feeds with out molasses then the corn oil is a good additive! Just watch the amount I really wouldn't feed much more than a cup a day split into the 2 feedings. Good luck to ya
> idea? My steer weighs 1045+ lb.,
> and I would like him to gain
> another 100 lb. before the fair on
> May 15. (He is on 26 lb. of grain
> and 2 lb. of hay per day, he's
> also getting Ringmaster pellets.)
> Any ideas?? Thanks for the help!

[email protected]

Latest posts