Corn Gluten as a Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Sorry, did not look at what I typed. Corn Gluten is a very good feed if mixed with something else. I do not recommend feeding it by its self. To many problems with imbalance of minerals especially calcium. The $210 is per ton picked up in Loudon, TN in tractor trailer load lots. That is the nearest corn syrup plant to here. That was todays price.

most mix dryed disstillers grain with it.an if my memory is right you can also mix soybean hulls with it.

thendrix":160z04o1 said:
What do you recommed mixing it with to help with the mineral imbalance?
The local mills use Thiamine to counteract the sulphur

Thanks. I'm wandering because I have a friend who is looking into buying a dump trailer load and splitting it. I have never dealt with corn glueton before and didn't know what all went into feeding it and maintaining healthy animals. A sick or dead cow doesn't do anybody any good. I have heard mention of soybean hulls before. Does anybody know where to get them in the Georgia, Tennessee, Carolina's area?

thendrix":3vkbxnvu said:
Thanks. I'm wandering because I have a friend who is looking into buying a dump trailer load and splitting it. I have never dealt with corn glueton before and didn't know what all went into feeding it and maintaining healthy animals. A sick or dead cow doesn't do anybody any good. I have heard mention of soybean hulls before. Does anybody know where to get them in the Georgia, Tennessee, Carolina's area?
Don't think you'll lose any animals but wouldn't hurt to put smoething else with it to dilute the things that are excessive. CGF is really meant to be mixed with other ingredients. Try this link:
http://msucares.com/livestock/beef/feedsources.html

Personally I think it depends on how much your going to be feeding. To my calves in a TMR I use a ballancer. High cal etc. For the cows all I do is feed it plain. Its roughly 50% moisture. So I feed 4# of that instead of 2# of a cube. So far I have gotten along very well. Feed it for about 2 months in the dead of winter. If I would feed longer then who knows. Thats what I do and it has worked for me great the last 3 years.