corkscrew feet

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman":22d0l087 said:
Anybody got a picture so I can see what it looks like?

If we use the term in the same way, its something you can only see when an animal is walking. Usually seen on the front feet the hoof twists in a similar action to opening a screwtop bottle between the time it hits the ground till the time it lifts off the ground to take the next step.

Thanks for the replies, I know you should you avoid keeping animals with this problem and I wouldn't, but could the situation be helped with hoof trimming.

gertman":1b6tljvq said:
Thanks for the replies, I know you should you avoid keeping animals with this problem and I wouldn't, but could the situation be helped with hoof trimming.

I doubt it will help much in the longrun as most hoof abnormalities are caused by structural problems higher up.

gertman":1vsdpewx said:
All it will do is postpone the enevitable. Maybe a year probably less. While the toe is the most obvious part, there are also problems starting inside the foot itself. Send her to the sale in the kill pen and save yourself money and problems in the long run

Latest posts