Cordless Power Tool purchase question.

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hello Gang. I am looking at buying a 3 piece cordless tool kit. I was all set to buy Milwaukie until today. My local store told me that the after sales on any warranty or breakdowns was very poor and as a salesperson he found it an unpleasant experience. So now I am wondering if I should look at 1: Dewalt, 2: Makita and 3: Hikoki. Keep in mind I am am an Australian. My budget is $1k ball park for a grinder impact driver with battery and charger. Anyone got a tip. I am a swinging voter on this but De Walt seem ok.

I'm a fan of Ozito, cheap, I have the full range, they get used and abused in a very hostile environment. I know the well known brands will out perform them but they have been very reliable for me and get a lot of work.

Ken

I recently got a metabo set and have been really impressed with it. Milwaukee are good but i find their range limited. I have a couple of ozito machines and find them good. I was actually disappointed with my bosch drill but am told they're good.

My first drill was a Bosch. Bosch are the most disappointing equipment, drill, oven, hot water unit. Pay for the name, great to use and then to get them fixed is impossible or horrendous. Bosch is a real swear word. Yeah. The Ozito is great gear. I was shrinking about going a little upmarket. I use Milwaukie at work and like it a little more than my ageing Ozito that's nearing replacement. The head mechanic made a comment about them being a. Bit funny and then the shop drove it home. Hard to deal with on repair. After my Bosch experience I want the device.

My first drill was a Bosch. Bosch are the most disappointing equipment, drill, oven, hot water unit. Pay for the name, great to use and then to get them fixed is impossible or horrendous. Bosch is a real swear word. Yeah. The Ozito is great gear. I was shrinking about going a little upmarket. I use Milwaukie at work and like it a little more than my ageing Ozito that's nearing replacement. The head mechanic made a comment about them being a. Bit funny and then the shop drove it home. Hard to deal with on repair. After my Bosch experience I want the device.
We had a german made bosch dishwasher and it was a heap of junk.

First off $1000 for a 3 tool kit YIKES! Less than half that here. I have Milwaukee and have been pleased although of late I am noticing a lot of problems with their switches. Dewalt was top dog here for awhile but then dropped out, seems they are making a good comeback now. I know a few running Makita and they have been happy. I am not familiar with the other brands to offer any help there.

DeWalt. Which segued into the DeWalt cordless blower, hedge trimmer, pole saw, trimmer (weed whacker).
Dewalt is the contractors go to brand here it seems. I have transitioned with dewalt at work, to my home equipment. Plus, I already had the extra batteries.

I have Milwaukee mainly because that was the first one I bought. They seem to work fine for as much as I use them. I figured it was best to stay with the same so batteries are inter changeable and the same charger works for all of them.

I was scrolling through my photos on facebook today and found a photo of my DeWalt impact driver and drill/driver from when I purchased them 8 years ago. I use them daily in my job as an installer in jails and prisons dealing with all types of metals and concrete. They never miss a beat and I'm still using the original batteries that came with them. In my opinion, DeWalt 20V tools are the best.

I have Milwaukee and am thrilled with them, but it's hard to argue with Rockdale. That's pretty impressive. I even have the chainsaw, and it goes as long as I can. Probably wouldn't have when I was younger. We lost electricity and the generator didn't work. I used the light for 5 hours, one battery. The power came back on and I checked the charge. It was still fully charged.

I've had DeWalt for years and have really liked them. I keep going back because I have the chargers and batteries. However, I needed to run two 1/2" impact guns this summer to tear down some wheel lines, so borrowed a friend's gun. It was a Milwaukee Fire storm. That thing was a beast and out performed my DeWalt. If I ever need to buy another impact I think it will be a Milwaukee.

I've had DeWalt for years and have really liked them. I keep going back because I have the chargers and batteries. However, I needed to run two 1/2" impact guns this summer to tear down some wheel lines, so borrowed a friend's gun. It was a Milwaukee Fire storm. That thing was a beast and out performed my DeWalt. If I ever need to buy another impact I think it will be a Milwaukee.
A mechanic friend who does not like Milwaukee uses their impact wrenches, said to me they're the best.

Milwaukee is the best, hands down. Best batteries by a mile.

DeWalt is second, tools take a lot of abuse, batteries are not very good.
You can dang near submerge DeWalt cordless tools, I know this from experience in the hole fixing water main leaks. Gotta switch batteries way to much for my liking.

I used DeWalt cordless tools up until a year or two ago, then switched to Milwaukee. So far, I'm happy to have switched.

Main reason for changing is the 1/2" impact with 1400 ft/lbs, numerous recommendations from friends/family who are mechanics for a living - that thing is impressive.

I am quite pleased with Bauer tools. Example: I've never had a drill with such torque or batteries last so long.

I've had the DeWalt grease gun for about 3 years now with no issues. Son who is a service Tech on mining equipment recent bought the Milwaukee version. It's lighter and a tad smaller making easier to get in tight places. Some day I may have to switch from DeWalt when tools stop working, but they have been drug around and abused and still going, so who knows when that will be.

Latest posts