Cordless impacts?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone got a cordless impact they use around the farm when they don't have air close by?

Got some Dewalt cordless stuff so I thought about this one, would have to order it:
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF889HM2- ... act+Wrench

Lowes has this in stock, rated at a little more power:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_437515-11241-K2 ... facetInfo=

I could use one on the farm and at work. Had a 3/8" Dewalt for about a year now and love it. A project has came up that more power is needed on a job this week. So if I got one I could use it, Kobalt would be a quicker purchase without any extra shipping but the Dewalt using the same batteries would be nice.

We have a bunch of dewalt cordless impacts, there great! 18 volt xrp batteries are the best, better than lithium ion in my opinion. We have used them in ditches putting mechanical water line fitting together, they have lasted really well and that's a ruff environment for tools.

Milwaukee makes a 18v 1/2 inch impact also, there about the only other cordless tools we have ever had much luck with, Makita has been decent but I don't know if they have a 1/2 impact.

have the 18v dewalt and love it , also have a dewalt 18v grease gun on order :D

beanie":htahwq2t said:
have the 18v dewalt and love it , also have a dewalt 18v grease gun on order :D
Don't expect to much from the grease gun, we've had about 5 of them and have always come back to the old kind. There hard to bleed air out of and they just don't seem to work right very long. We run 2 to 10 tubes of grease through one every day though.

I'm pretty sure we own every cordless tool Dewalt makes, including three of their impacts. They get pretty hard use, but we don't really need them for their torque so much, so I can't really offer you an opinion on that since we're just building stuff.

Not all tools are the same. We use the 18v. We've used several other brands of 18v, and with the exception of Milwaukee, none compared to the power of the Dewalt. Never used a Cobalt, so I can't help there, but I can say that if the tool is intended for what you want to do, you won't be disappointed in the Dewalt.

I have the older Dewalt xrp impact and it serves me well. The big thing is the battery affects the torque more than anything so I think a li-ion would be much better because they give you level power until they die. I would go Milwaulkee first Dewalt next all the off brand stuff just doesn't have the battery life no matter what they advertise. Those two brands are built for professionals and they hold up well. I think Milwaulkee has the best batteries right now I have a drill that will go twice as long as a Dewalt and charges faster. Just my :2cents: but I do use mine everyday to make a living for what that is worth.