Cordless greasegun

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":1mgcsn86 said:
Not to get off track here but a word of warning to those that may have never given it a second thought, like myself.

A few years back, a row crop farmer friend of mine was holding the hose on a grease gun, one of the ones that it takes two hands to pump, while another guy was doing the pumping. Zerk was stopped up and he was really cranking down on it. Hose popped, only a pinhole but it was right where my friend was holding it. Bc of the high pressure it shot a wad of grease into his palm. Apparently grease is very toxic and he almost lost his hand. He had to undergo fairly extensive therapy to regain most of the use of his hand. Never heard of it happening before or since, but I've been real cautious about holding the hose since if there is any resistance in the fitting.

Yes, grease under the skin is a nasty misadventure. Has never been an issue for me as almost always use pistol grips. I am using the lock n lube tip on the cordless gun for that very reason. That is once I get it - Acme Tools sent me the M12 gun, when it even called for the M18 gun on the packing slip in the box. But the packing person was somewhat wise and didn't put his John Hancock on the slip, so can't roll any heads this time.

Latest posts