Cordless greasegun

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
Not a fan of Dewalt, but their greasegun seems to be highly rated , what's your experience and recomendation? Any thing else out there? I've used a milwaukee and liked it , but the price difference seems a little steep.

I have a Lincoln. Gets the job done, I don't have anything to compare it to but I do like it much better than hand pumping. Nice to be able to hold the hose in place with one hand and apply grease with the other, rather than trying to balance the gun on something and trying to operate the handle while holding the tip in place with the other hand.

I have other dewalt tools so it only makes sense to have a dewalt grease gun. It has pumped a lot of grease in its day and other than a blown hose it has worked perfectly. It gets heavy if your holding it a lot but it sure beats pumping one manually.

snoopdog":3kr3tz85 said:
Not a fan of Dewalt, but their greasegun seems to be highly rated , what's your experience and recomendation? Any thing else out there? I've used a milwaukee and liked it , but the price difference seems a little steep.
Mine is not working worth a darn anymore, I'm going to try a Milwaukee this time a round.

Used both a Milwaukee and dewalt. Slightly prefer the Milwaukee because it's not as bulky as the dewalt. The Milwaukee had a 12 volt battery where as the dewalt uses the same 20v battery the rest of my dewalt equipment uses. A lot more convenient that way

i've never used one.. can you feel the amount of 'pumps' or how do you tell how much grease is going in?

ddd75":3hv0sdos said:
i've never used one.. can you feel the amount of 'pumps' or how do you tell how much grease is going in?

It has a kind of clicking noise that you'll hear. I equate 1 click to 1 pump. One thing I do miss is the "feel" of grease going in with a hand held grease gun.

True Grit Farms":37rpelf2 said:
snoopdog":37rpelf2 said:
Mine is not working worth a darn anymore, I'm going to try a Milwaukee this time a round.
How long have you had it? I have Ridgid cordless stuff, and have zero complaints, but they don't make a grease gun.

5 years probably and only about 10 cases of grease has been run through it. When I first got the Dewalt it was load and go, now it's finicky and you got to screw with it for the grease to catch a prime.

I am like DCB4. How do you tell when the grease cavity is full? Do you just keep adding until its visible? I was always taught on some things like the discs on my old grain drill or trailer bearings to just pump in enough to where it feels firm. Try not to bust the seal.

I have the dewalt nothing to compare to. No problems several cases through it. Does get little heavy i put the lock end on it. Beats fighting with air hose and can take with you. One thing i have noticed if you don't do all your own greasing. Alot more stuff gets greased with it. My old man even greases his stuff right now,

Got my new Milwaukee M18 gun sitting at my MN dropbox to pick up end of this week. Looking forward to popping through stuck zerks with the low speed setting. Acme Tools had a great deal on them for Cyber Monday. All in, cost me $235 US - comes with one battery/charger and the molded case. Bought the FUEL version sawzall at the same time from ToolNut for $189, with battery and hard molded case, think it will be a big help the next time an animal gets stuck in bale ring - seems to happen here once every two years. Already bought the mid-torque 1/2" FUEL impact this fall and love it. The range of tools available in the Milwaukee line is what sold me on them over DeWalt.

I've got a Milwaukee M12 grease gun and love it. I think it's paid for itself in grease savings already, it'll empty a tube clean.

I've looked at the lock and lube and like it! How does it work through an access hole, or do you have to change it out?

sstterry":2i2utnwc said:
snoopdog":2i2utnwc said:
I've looked at the lock and lube and like it! How does it work through an access hole, or do you have to change it out?
They now make an extended version that works pretty good through access holes.

Even the regular sized LNL won't fit in some tight spaces, so I keep a grease gun with a regular end on it for those instances.

One thing I like about the LNL on a cordless grease gun is that if you attach to a grease fitting that is blocked and pressurize the system, it's easy to release from the fitting under pressure. With a standard fitting on my cordless gun I broke quite a few of the fittings off because I couldn't release the pressure.

Not to get off track here but a word of warning to those that may have never given it a second thought, like myself.

A few years back, a row crop farmer friend of mine was holding the hose on a grease gun, one of the ones that it takes two hands to pump, while another guy was doing the pumping. Zerk was stopped up and he was really cranking down on it. Hose popped, only a pinhole but it was right where my friend was holding it. Bc of the high pressure it shot a wad of grease into his palm. Apparently grease is very toxic and he almost lost his hand. He had to undergo fairly extensive therapy to regain most of the use of his hand. Never heard of it happening before or since, but I've been real cautious about holding the hose since if there is any resistance in the fitting.

Latest posts