Copperhead bites itself--AFTER being decapitated

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard, I have seen a number of snakes bite themself. I have seen foxes savagely bite themselves in a leghold trap. When I trapped, I was always told by the old trappers that they, "chew their leg off to get out of the trap". I believe they are biting at the object of their pain and the result is the same.

I have caught and handled a bunch of copperheads. A few timber rattlesnakes. A big rattlesnake is a handfull. It has scared me a few times when they contract their muscles.

Guys from Texas have a sureal fear of snakes. I was pronghorn antelope hunting with a co-worker who was born and raised in Texas not far from San Antonio. We were south of Rawlins in the Red Desert country. I found a small prairre rattler. Caught it. When I walked over to show it to Bill, he moved his gun up to port arms and seriously warned me not to come closer. I knew he was dead serious and I stepped back away and let the snake go. He never forgave for letting it go.

thats strange. thats a big copperhead, but they are pure muscle.. ive had a skinned and gutted rattler on the kitchen counter, wiggle off and fall on the floor, still wiggling...

ALACOWMAN":2szwyg6a said:
thats strange. thats a big copperhead, but they are pure muscle.. ive had a skinned and gutted rattler on the kitchen counter, wiggle off and fall on the floor, still wiggling...

Now Bammy that sounds like some of them stories my grandpa used to tell :lol2: .

Larry

larryshoat":1yxo3dnd said:
ALACOWMAN":1yxo3dnd said:

Now Bammy that sounds like some of them stories my grandpa used to tell :lol2: .

Larry
:cowboy: i am a grandpaw....

inyati13 said:
greybeard, I have seen a number of snakes bite themself. I have seen foxes savagely bite themselves in a leghold trap. When I trapped, I was always told by the old trappers that they, "chew their leg off to get out of the trap". I believe they are biting at the object of their pain and the result is the same.

I have caught and handled a bunch of copperheads. A few timber rattlesnakes. A big rattlesnake is a handfull. It has scared me a few times when they contract their muscles.

Guys from Texas have a sureal fear of snakes. I was pronghorn antelope hunting with a co-worker who was born and raised in Texas not far from San Antonio. We were south of Rawlins in the Red Desert country. I found a small prairre rattler. Caught it. When I walked over to show it to Bill, he moved his gun up to port arms and seriously warned me not to come closer. I knew he was dead serious and I stepped back away and let the snake go. He never forgave for letting it go.[/quote]

Don't blame him a bit. Bring me a snake to "look" at and you would regret it for the rest of your life. Some things are just not funny!

TennesseeTuxedo":2lmyy90o said:
Video has been removed from YouTube.
Its still up on youtube.. i see it was in Huntsville AL. not TX ... the man is pretty typical of the rocket city residents .but aleast he had the balls to kill it himself, and not call the police or animal control... so he gets half a thumbs up :cowboy:

They wouldn't have had that picture if i had killed that SOB.

It would have been a picture of 84 pieces of a cottonmouth puzzle

found you a place to rent GB,, waitress at the local cafe said we killed 2 copperheads friday evening, makes 8 so far... i asked, all summer?? she said no, that was just this week... they have been there a few months and are moving...

inyati13":fd4ahyui said:
Guys from Texas have a sureal fear of snakes. I was pronghorn antelope hunting with a co-worker who was born and raised in Texas not far from San Antonio. We were south of Rawlins in the Red Desert country. I found a small prairre rattler. Caught it. When I walked over to show it to Bill, he moved his gun up to port arms and seriously warned me not to come closer. I knew he was dead serious and I stepped back away and let the snake go. He never forgave for letting it go.
I know one guy from Louisiana that really does not like them.
I'm with Bill on this.
Fellow was chasing me with a snake "one" time. I was running and reaching for my knife. When I got the knife out and wheeled around he saw what "I" had. Then I chased him.

Why would you be handling snakes? You from that partiular religion that does it to show your faith?
I can think of no other explanation.

Latest posts